Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #31

X3 on my GMC truck. Has been rock solid! Sounds like a good idea on the outside kitchen. I have had my fridge out twice now, is kind of a pain. First fridge that came with trailer was a complete dud and didn't work at all. PT shipped me a new one which I thought was real decent. I am going to reverse the door too and I have had trouble with the left side of the door as the top corner has completely come apart. This was the second time I removed the refer, when I reinforced the door itself with a corner brace and more screws, #8 or 10 (size bigger), but now the hinge itself is popping out, so I am going to try adjusting the strut mounting brackets as you did. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #32
New to Forest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedboyd View Post
I've got to say that Liberty RV has been trying. They installed the replacement tabletop and their work seems to be fine. The new tabletop, from Primetime, has the 'T' channel for the edge molding grooved off center so the molding doesn't cover all of the side particle board, but does stick up above the surface some (not consistent), such that 'stuff' would accumulate at the edge and playing cards won't slide off the table. I took it back (another trip) and they are going to contact Prime Time about it. I separately emailed Roger to let him know they'd be calling.
Liberty RV tells me that Primetime has told them that all of the tabletops are made like the one I have and they will NOT replace it under warranty. I had checked on the lot and this kindof appears to be true. The one that came in the trailer originally (that broke, per the first part of this story) was made better, the edge molding came up just to the edge, all the way around. THe new technique (on purpose?), leaves a little of the particle board edge exposed at the bottom and the molding sticks up over the top a little. I really think that their router is mis-aligned for cutting the groove for the molding.

I guess I'll be making a new tabletop out of solid wood (really nice plywood or strips glued together kinda like a butcher-block). We really don't agree with the vendor stance on this, but understand we have been told 'no'.

Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #33

Seems they didn't listen to those of us that bought in 2011.

First issue was stereo speakers rattling. I pulled them down and found the backs full of sawdust and scrap wood. I cleaned them out, and got as much trash out of the ceiling space as I could. I reported this condition to Primetime, and suggested improved shop procedures.

Later I noticed little shards of aluminum kept showing up. Don't know where from, but several ended up embedded in the linoleum flooring, a 2 in my foot. Again, lazy sloppy shop procedure.

Same failing trim and missing trim issues as the others.
Drawer rails under the sofa failed and fell apart. I believe due to stresses during slide movements.
Side wood panel and trim on dinette falling off and cracked, I also believe due to slide movement. The whole sofa and table flex and move during slide movement, as though the floor were rubber.

At the 9 month mark, about 7,000 miles, a brake assembly failed, heated up the wheel, and caused the drum to crack. The whole assembly was replaced, and I was eventually reimbursed.

10 month mark, the main lock key broke off in the lock. Primetime finally sent me a whole new assembly since they couldn't provide replacement keys.

13 months, replaced hot water low point drain, as it had begun to leak, causing the pump to cycle about every 5 minutes.

16 month mark, LP regulator failed.

25 month mark, and about 12,000 miles, a bearing failed and welded the whole wheel assembly together. Axel had to be replaced.

Forest River/Primetime aren't on my list of places to bring repeat business. Sad to see a dealer say they are one of the better outfits. Cheap parts, poor workmanship, and constant little items needing repair or attention.

When is starts becoming something every trip, I'll trade it in on something with a better proven reputation and record.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #34

I bought brand new in 2011 a Prime Time Lacrosse 301 RLS, the molding all over the ceiling fell down, the main entry door was not lined up, screws on cabinets were almost like they were smaller then the holes so the doors were all coming off. BUT, the good things was that General RV in Wayland MI. and Primetime RV stepped up and fixed everything, 2 1/2 years later and everything has been smooth, ahhhhh. But I agree, campers should have never been let out of the factory with these flaws.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #35

2014 LACROSSE TRAVEL TRAILER bought from COLD Springs RV

I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO FIND A POST ABOUT LACROSSE & PRIME TIME!! You would not belive the hell my husband I have been through. We bought a 3 slide travel trailer (not sure of the model at this time). We had and have so many problems and it was just bought last year and used last summer (lost some time due to the issues) and then it was sent to Indiana to the company to get things right only to HAVE MORE issues. I am so over this unit. I have asked for a new unit considering the list is forever long of the issues we are contiously having. We have been dealing with Shaen and Elson from the service department but I am so over that, I want the VP or CEO or president of Forest River now. This unit is of poor quality. I will get into pmore of a discussion about this but I welcome all replies at this point and suggestions. I cannot wait to go through the list of issues we had and have. Oh and we met another couple out of Florida with the same unit same year with the SAME issues but primetime says its not a manufactires defect... really?
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #36
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCORMIER View Post
I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO FIND A POST ABOUT LACROSSE & PRIME TIME!! You would not belive the hell my husband I have been through. We bought a 3 slide travel trailer (not sure of the model at this time). We had and have so many problems and it was just bought last year and used last summer (lost some time due to the issues) and then it was sent to Indiana to the company to get things right only to HAVE MORE issues. I am so over this unit. I have asked for a new unit considering the list is forever long of the issues we are contiously having. We have been dealing with Shaen and Elson from the service department but I am so over that, I want the VP or CEO or president of Forest River now. We could literally hire a lawyer and I know we would win. This unit is of poor quality. I will get into pmore of a discussion about this but I welcome all replies at this point and suggestions. I cannot wait to go through the list of issues we had and have. Oh and we met another couple out of Florida with the same unit same year with the SAME issues but primetime says its not a manufactires defect... really?
So, not a lot to go on and not really sure why you posted (other than to vent your frustration). We are not a part of Forest River and have no "pull" with them at all.

If you were to supply the model number and specific problems you were having, we have some pretty smart folks here who could possibly help you or at least give you some direction and advice.

The big problem comes when you mention lawyers. As soon as that word gets used in a rant, we can no longer be of much, if any, help (and neither can the FR warranty folks, I am told, as they turn the whole thing over to Legal).

Please take a moment to read the terms of use for the board regarding disputes with the manufacturer.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #37

LACROSSE

I hear everythig you are saying, my husband is actaully going to post on here all the issues, I was just thrilled to see others were experiencing what we have been experiencing (not in a bad way) I was looking last year for complaints and could not find anything at all. As for a lawyer, we have not hired one. We are working with Primetime but with two seasons of issues after issues and Cold River who basically helped with nothing has been more than frustrating.

We are at a loss at this point. we should not have a BAND new unit with problems contantly.

That post was not to rant at all.

Iwill let my husband give you all the information.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #38

When you say "We are not a part of Forest River and have no "pull" with them at all" what does that mean? Who are we suppose to talk to other than primetime? You have no idea the number of issues we have had, it is one thing after another. When our trailer was returned from Indiana somewhere in transit the rear back end of trailer was hit!!! The stabilizing scissor jacks dont work, the shower stall is cracked and the battery was stolen out of the camper . The refridgerator hose was never cut short and was left in the wall luckily my husband noticed and we saved damage there.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCORMIER View Post
When you say "We are not a part of Forest River and have no "pull" with them at all" what does that mean? Who are we suppose to talk to other than primetime? You have no idea the number of issues we have had, it is one thing after another. When our trailer was returned from Indiana somewhere in transit the rear back end of trailer was hit!!! The stabilizing scissor jacks dont work, the shower stall is cracked and the battery was stolen out of the camper . The refridgerator hose was never cut short and was left in the wall luckily my husband noticed and we saved damage there.
This forum is made up of people who own FR brand RV units, it is not hosted or supported by Forest River the company.
You need to contact the factory that made your brand of trailer.
As posted above the many owners that are here are more than willing to help if they can.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #40

Herk was just saying that this forum has no affiliation with foresriver inc. It is run by camping enthusiasts, not by forestriver. Trying not to trivialize your issues but only the cracked shower stall is FR fault. The hose should have been run outside by the dealer, the stabilizers are the transportation company and the stolen battery, well that's bad luck.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote