Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #41

I do understand this is a forum, I was just hoping to find the right people to contact and advice. As for the issues we recently had (like I said i have nit even listed al of them these are just recent events) when it left Primetime we were told EVRYTHING was in working order and the camper was newer than new. So it is all their fault, excpt the battery unless they did not instal one seeing the last one was fried. It never went to the fealer it was returned to us because we had been without this unit since October of last year. And upon return even though it was suppose to newer than new they NEVER even cleaned it so the work they did all the particals from the material were every where, and the straps that hold our chairs were torn to shreds? Trust me when I say this is NO small problem and its not like we have had only 5 issues we sent a letter with a minimum of 19 issues last year and this all started because every slide we had (3) had water coming inside our unit. And then another MAJOR leak was happening behind our frigerator that we were not aware of
that caused another exact unit of poeple we know that blew out their mother board.
TDCORMIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #42
Site Team - Lou

I am still not clear on some things; perhaps you can clear them up for me.

1) You bought the camper directly from Prime Time? or from a local dealer who sells Prime Time trailers?

2) You said the camper was hit in transit. This is a critical piece of the puzzle that can not be trivialized.

Even the cracked shower stall could have been a direct result of that impact. The frames are made to bear the weight of the camper at it's maximum gross weight. Period.

Getting hit in an accident will far exceed the rated stress the structure is designed to withstand. Damage can extend far beyond the point of impact and most claims adjusters will be unfamiliar with the damage even a minor accident can cause. Roof leaks, misaligned slides, broken cabinets, cracked plumbing fixtures and fittings, and damaged axle mounts can be overlooked if the adjuster is not aware of the hidden damage an accident can cause.

Today's cars can be "totaled" in a minor accident if any frame damage is suspected. Same with travel trailers.

You said it is all FR's fault. How is an accident occurring during delivery FR's fault?

How is your local dealer involved in this process?
Did they suggest rejecting the camper and demanding a new one?
Did they offer that? (IMO they certainly should have with damage like you described)

How can a "rebuild" be better than new? This is dealer speak for "Please take this POS wreck because I have a waiting list for deliveries and you will mess that up if you want a new one."

I am truly sorry for your troubles.

Is your dealer standing with you "against the manufacturer" or are they blaming FR and tossing you to the wolves?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #43

There are a lot of smart people on here that can offer advice or solutions. Please detail out your problems one by one and tell us what they have done to fix it or attempt to fix it. I can attest that there are a boatload of happy prime time people on here including myself. At this point I'm still in love with mine. I had a dealing on a warranty issue and I dealt with Shane out at PT. I can say that man took care of me with lightning speed and was in constant contact with updates to me. I have nothing but great things to say, so I'm kind if puzzled why yours is so different. Start with your each individual problem and let us try and help.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #44
Site Team

I own a lacrosse too

TDCORMIER,
I can understand your frustration. If you can share a little more info on your unit (model) and answer a few questions posted by other folks would be of great help.
You have the ears of some great folks here on frf that want to help.
And myself a Lacrosse owner.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote