Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Unhappy VuQube/Satellite TV in Tracer 3150 BHD

Is anyone else using VuQube or any other satellite TV in their 3150? My bro-in-law had a VuQube he wasn't using, so took it to try it out this weekend. I hooked it up to the Satellite in connection in the front 'command' center (where all of the water hookups, etc. are).

Inside, I noticed the coax cable is connected to the bottom of the 2 coax inputs (the one with the booster on/off button). I moved it up to the top one which isn't labelled, but I assume it's sat in? I then disconnected the other end of that cable from the back of the TV and connected it to my sat. receiver.

After all of that, I just keep getting E0 on the VuQube remote, meaning the remote can't communicate with the antenna. From the large amount of troubleshooting i've done, it doesn't appear to be a problem with the VuQube (although I could be wrong). Just wondering if anyone else had experience in this situation - perhaps i'm not even hooking it up properly inside the RV and that's the issue?

Another question - the 3150 has the outside TV hookup, and there is a coax connection right there too. Does that connection feed from the TV antenna, the cable connection, the satellite connection, or all 3 depending on what it sees?

I've looked through my owners manual and all over online, and this is one section that Primetime really does not give much information on.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

mcquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Commercial Member
FYI - the outside SAT hook-up in your convenience center is a direct line to the main TV and the coax hook-up should be visible at your main TV and not connected to anything. The CABLE connection in your convenience center goes thru the antenna and splits to other locations depending on floorplan. We connect your main TV to this system.

It could be a bad connection, a damaged wire, or something in the VuQube. I'd start by connecting a working cable system to the SAT line and hooking it up to my TV to start drilling down on the possibilities.

If you'd like assistance from our service folks, contact Roger at

Good luck.

RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
i can't help u with the right connections but it does sound like u aren't connected to the right outlet.

as rv guy said, run the cable direct to the vucube and receiver and see if it all works.
i use dish carryout (a view cube) and could make everything work from the living room connection (shortest run) but had missing channels in the bedroom. they used a 5-1000 mhz splitter. replaced that splitter with a 5-2150mhz and am getting all i subscribe. it also has to have a DC pass thru.
apparently, when my trailer was built, they weren't using beyond 1450mhz. keep that in mind although the newer ones (sense high def) probably use the right splitter.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Thanks guys! I've emailed Roger at Forest River and awaiting his reply. Heading back up to the lake in 3 weeks and there for a good part of August so hoping to have my TV to catch my Edmonton Eskimos games and some baseball
mcquid is offline   Reply With Quote