Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_KHawthorne View Post
If I can offer a suggestion, make sure you get a full and comprehensive PDI from the dealer and not just a quickie "walk-through". ..
J_K,

Thanks! That was definately our intent after reading all the posts here and on other BB's. We are scheduled for 4 hours.

Part of the reason I chose Lazy Days over the closer dealer was:
  1. They promote complete PDI's not a quickie walkthrough. Their PDI worksheet is as complete as any I have seen.
  2. They have the 300+ space attached RV resort. So we will be able to test all systems in real life utilization. We then report any issues, they come and get the trailer and pull it into the service area to make the repairs. They then return the trailer to our space once completed that day. They include 2 or 3 days in the park for free for that purpose.
  3. Free training classes including safe driving and RV systems (i.e. electrical, plumbing etc). I am also new to 5ers, so that was a huge perk for me. My RV'g experience was limited to popups and the last one I had was almost 20 years ago.
When are you getting down to AZ again?

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #22

New camper

Sounds like you have a plan. Enjoy wish I could use mine but its winterized for illinois weather. Happy camping
Salem 2012 27rls
Camped 37 days 2011
Camped 45 days 2012
2006 ram hemi 5.8 liter

Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodavis View Post
Sounds like you have a plan. Enjoy wish I could use mine but its winterized for illinois weather. Happy camping
Thanks!

Yes we are pretty blessed down here and can camp year round. I spent many years in snow/salt country ... I don't miss that at all.

Here's hoping for an early spring for you!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Update...

We have been in the new trailer for 24 hrs now. A few very minor issues with cabinets which were resolved in minutes. All major systems working well. Down into the mid 30's last night and it was nice and toasty inside.

Everyone at Lazydays here in Tucson have been fantastic! We made a great choice going through them versus the dealer closer to us.

Our only issue (albeit a small one) ...

We had asked PT to not put the wallpaper boarders in ... but they did. The dealer is trying to figure out a way to get them removed.

On the brighter side...PT changed the backsplash behind the stove. The new ones are SO much nicer!

The 4 point auto level system is very nice as well. We will need to look into adding JT Strongarms though, as there is a lot of rocking.

So after 13 months of searching for the right trailer... We got it!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #25
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnD View Post
Update...

We have been in the new trailer for 24 hrs now. A few very minor issues with cabinets which were resolved in minutes. All major systems working well. Down into the mid 30's last night and it was nice and toasty inside.

Everyone at Lazydays here in Tucson have been fantastic! We made a great choice going through them versus the dealer closer to us.

We had asked PT to not put the wallpaper boarders in ... but they did. The dealer is trying to figure out a way to get them removed.

On the brighter side...PT changed the backsplash behind the stove. The new ones are SO much nicer!

The 4 point auto level system is very nice as well. We will need to look into adding JT Strongarms though, as there is a lot of rocking.

Awesome...have a great time camping
(FYI...a pair of RotoChoks for the wheels and JT Strongarms for the landing gear should stop the rockin)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I am going to pick up a pair of xchocks today and see how much that helps. I don't recall ever seeing rotochocks... Are they like the xchocks?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #27
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
I am going to pick up a pair of xchocks today and see how much that helps. I don't recall ever seeing rotochocks... Are they like the xchocks?
Yes, they are similar in concept but WAY faster set up and you purchase them to fit your exact tire gap configuration so they fit solid.
I used X Chocks on previous campers and they do work great!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #28
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ok I'll see if they have those. If not I'll try the xchocks for now and can always get the others later on. Thanks for the advise!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun

Yes, they are similar in concept but WAY faster set up and you purchase them to fit your exact tire gap configuration so they fit solid.
I used X Chocks on previous campers and they do work great!
I built a set of checks out of treated 4 x 4s and an all-thread bolt, with washers and nuts. They work great and take about a minute each to put in place. Works!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #30

Quote:
Update...

So just wondering what was the outcome of the wallpaper border? Were they able to get it off and if not did Primetime compensate you guys for it being put on?