Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
In regards to them placing a Warning label to (Open discharge Before running BTF) this is a (CUA) for people who also say (No One Told Me to Do That)! Even the (Cheap) BTF DIY Kits have a (Back flow preventer/Vacuum breaker) whatever you want to call (IT)! Just need something to keep (POO POO) out of our Fresh Water supply! Here is a little Aid, Thread Backflow Preventer Home Depot,Sku#789976,Price (4.27$) plus tax! Buy it and (Screw It)on! Youroo!! PS Sent from my (Deer Stand)!
But I have a black flow preventer already two won't help. Now get looking for deer instead of texting...
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
slide5r4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 280
We had this same problem last year on our 2012 Sabre 32RCTS. We really dodged a bullet because when ours failed the water drained straight down onto the furnace, thought we fried the thing. Tuns out it worked fine after we let it dry out for few days. We also replaced our valve with a brass unit. My advice... if your rig has the plastic one, replace it with a brass one and be done with it. Of course you could always leave it as is and cross your fingers.
__________________

__________________
Kevin & Janine
2006 Dodge 2500 Megacab CTD 2WD
2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide5r4fun View Post
We had this same problem last year on our 2012 Sabre 32RCTS. We really dodged a bullet because when ours failed the water drained straight down onto the furnace, thought we fried the thing. Tuns out it worked fine after we let it dry out for few days. We also replaced our valve with a brass unit. My advice... if your rig has the plastic one, replace it with a brass one and be done with it. Of course you could always leave it as is and cross your fingers.
Or just by-pass it. They sell external 3/4 black flow preventers to hook on the trailer and then the hose. Like a water pressure reg. I had to install a back flow preventer in my city water line at home City required it due to they didn't want my well water entering there system being I have both. Just depends which one I want good well water or old stale City water. But I had to get it inspected by the Health Dept. Silly rule being there's constant pressure on the city line.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #44
Alleged curmudgeon
 
Vern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 550
wouldn't this do the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I just hooked up my air compressor to it and pushed all the water in the tank this way nothing is sitting in the lines


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Don't know if there is something unique to your Prime Time rigs here, but with my Rockwood Windjammer I have always winterized my black tank flush as wicked1 states here, using air only.
__________________
Lee
2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
Don't know if there is something unique to your Prime Time rigs here, but with my Rockwood Windjammer I have always winterized my black tank flush as wicked1 states here, using air only.
Vern, that would work IMO, but I don't know if all units have them. I traced my line as far as I could and didn't fine it, looks like a straight shot to me right to the tank. But I have a Rockwood to....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #46
Toy-aholic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
In regards to them placing a Warning label to (Open discharge Before running BTF) this is a (CUA) for people who also say (No One Told Me to Do That)! Even the (Cheap) BTF DIY Kits have a (Back flow preventer/Vacuum breaker) whatever you want to call (IT)! Just need something to keep (POO POO) out of our Fresh Water supply! Here is a little Aid, Thread Backflow Preventer Home Depot,Sku#789976,Price (4.27$) plus tax! Buy it and (Screw It)on! Youroo!! PS Sent from my (Deer Stand)!
look at the reviews on this HD unit....get what you pay for....actually NOT
__________________
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #47
Member
 
RossandDonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois
Posts: 71
Thanks for the great information on the backflow preventer I will have to replace mine in the spring. I have been winterizing my BTF line with the pink stuff and a hand pump just to be safe.
__________________

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2013 F350 Lariat Crew Cab DRW 6.7L Diesel
RossandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'm not sure why you'd have to winterize the black take flusher.
Never have in mine.

It's open on the tank end and unless it's plugged the water would just run out.

Right?

Turbs
I think that's right. But what about the city water hose connection. I have never done either one, but just wondered what you think.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I think that's right. But what about the city water hose connection. I have never done either one, but just wondered what you think.
Me either in 10 years.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:00 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Look up Plumbing codes for (Vacuum Breakers) it will supply all the Detailed Info on (Need & Use). Youroo!!
I told you to quit texing from that treestand youroo and start looking for a deer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	youroo.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	65837  
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crusader

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.