Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2017, 11:59 PM   #1

Water coming out overflow

2015 Primetine avenger ATI:
We are at a new park and we're told they have really high water pressure here. We do have a proper pressure valve at the faucet but we noticed after a while of being hooked to cut water, the fresh water tank was having water come out the over flow. I turned off the city water and drained the fresh tank. While the plug to the fresh tank was pulled, I turned the city water back on and noticed the water again started draining out of the fresh water drain... What's going on here? Is this because this campground has such high pressure and this is a safery feature on the avenger? I've never had this problem but it seems like the city water is back flowing into the fresh water tank until the point it overflows. Plz help, thanks
rhino_160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_160 View Post
2015 Primetine avenger ATI:
We are at a new park and we're told they have really high water pressure here. We do have a proper pressure valve at the faucet but we noticed after a while of being hooked to cut water, the fresh water tank was having water come out the over flow. I turned off the city water and drained the fresh tank. While the plug to the fresh tank was pulled, I turned the city water back on and noticed the water again started draining out of the fresh water drain... What's going on here? Is this because this campground has such high pressure and this is a safery feature on the avenger? I've never had this problem but it seems like the city water is back flowing into the fresh water tank until the point it overflows. Plz help, thanks

Your check valve in the water pump may be sticking/stuck thus allowing water to backflow through the pump into the FW tank.

Try filling the FW tank, turn off the CG water supply and use just the pump for a day or so. This may exercise the valve enough to free it up & start working properly.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #3

Yep, water pump check valve.
You can cycle the pump a few times or do what I did and remove the 6 side screws on the pump and clean the inside up and grease the rubber parts before reassembly.

Tags
water