Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #1

Water filter

K looking for tips on a water filter system. I currently use a camco inline filter for the whole camper. Works well...but I do notice a pressure drop in the water..and I still don't drink it. I was thinking I'd like a filter under my kitchen sink for drinking water , to cut back on the amount of water I am buying, and not using a filter for the rest of the camper...or perhaps a whole unit filter that won't drop the pressure and makes the water taste good...I'm going to look at home depot I think I reall seeing a home sink filter by Brita.

Anyway , does anyone have a really good setup they like, no bad tastes , do you filter all your water to the coach or just drinking water?

Any ideas, tips, suggestions would be great. I'd like to get it straight over the winter for next season..

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #2

We use an inline filter at the water spigot too. Then we use a PUR countertop filter for drinking water. Been doing it that way for years and never got sick from drinking campground water.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
K looking for tips on a water filter system. I currently use a camco inline filter for the whole camper. Works well...but I do notice a pressure drop in the water..and I still don't drink it. I was thinking I'd like a filter under my kitchen sink for drinking water , to cut back on the amount of water I am buying, and not using a filter for the rest of the camper...or perhaps a whole unit filter that won't drop the pressure and makes the water taste good...I'm going to look at home depot I think I reall seeing a home sink filter by Brita.

Anyway , does anyone have a really good setup they like, no bad tastes , do you filter all your water to the coach or just drinking water?

Any ideas, tips, suggestions would be great. I'd like to get it straight over the winter for next season..
First off you must have a LOT of contaminants in your incoming water supplyor you use a Lot of water. The inline should last for several1000 gals. Next the drinking water issue will start with a Osmosis system and depending on the water Test go up from there. The more you want to be Pure,the more it will cost. Youroo!!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #4

Try this site. A good regulator (263A) and a single canister filter will give you decent water and still have great water flow. A double canister would give you drinkable water wherever you go and the higher priced regulators will not rust as fast.
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #5

Alright thanks for the site. So if I get a double canister with a nice regulator I'll be able to achieve good flow rats and drinkable water? No hose taste? Just want to cut back on he amount of bottled water I am buying and toting around with me. Thanks again

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote