Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #21
Avo Farmer
I just purchased a Watts regulator w/ 6-9 gpm flow and over sized cleanable filter @ 4-5 gpm. I plan on mounting it in the bay of the 5er. Keep the water outside and dry inside. hope so!!!
RVWaterfilter Store

Mike and Cheri w/ Gus and Trooper 2_coonhounds
2012 Dodge 2500 w/ Cummins high output
Other brand 5er
MikeDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
Originally Posted by jdadoug View Post
This last season I bought the high dollar filter and put in the filter canister, and I use the pressure reducer at the hydrant. I have never noticed "low pressure" with this setup at our campground. Might be nice to have a little gauge tapped to my "Y" valve so I could see the pressure each time to determine if I even need a pressure reducer?
Don't know if you all use a "Y" valve or not, I'm sure I'm not the first. (real nice to have when you need to water the dog or clean something)

OBTW,don't go out and buy a $12.00 fancy brass one, the the cheap yellow plastic one from Walmart works just as good and is cheaper to replace if you forget it on the faucet when you leave camp. (dont ask how I know this)

I also have a "inline Camco" that I have never used.
I just bought a new Oxygenics shower head to install for this summer, anxious to see what thats like. jdadoug
I installed a Oxygenics shower head last year and it makes a big difference. Nothing like the Oxygenics shower head!

mb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Well it's time for me to start getting my supplies for this summer. Last year I used a camco inline water filter, worked good. I'm looking for opinions o. Water filters, should I continue to use the in line at 20 bucks a season, or get a nicer cartridge style and replace the cartridge each year? I still don't drink the water typically, but I like it filtered, and one thing I hate is when a filter restricts the flow ( low pressure in the shower) so I high flow would be nice.
Should I look at Home Depot for a residential style?

Any one out there please share with me. Thanks
The replaceable cartridges are also 20 bucks a year if you get the high flow RV rated ones. My camper came with a whole house filter that I removed and replaced with an expansion tank. I use the inline hose bib one for filtration.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #24
I have not purchased yet, but the canister types at home depot are advertising larger flow rates, and the replacement canisters are usually 2 for $20 bucks. This is all hosehold grade. Remember, you stamp RV on the side of it and it doubles the price..

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote