Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

We are now official Prime Time owners

As of Saturday evening 10/22/11 we are official owners of a Tracer 3150bhd and we have already camped in it one night. So far we have had 2 problems. One, our hitch is a Reese dual cam with 600lb bars. We have already ordered 1200lb bars. It towed better than I expected except for the bounce which should clear up after the bars are replaced. Two, the inside fridge does not get cold (will be in another post asking for assistance). We are camping again next weekend and will have more time to look it over. We were delayed getting out of the dealer, our PDI apt. was 1hour 45minutes late due to the previous PDI (new to RVing and a Class A). Then we had to transfer our stuff and drive back and park in the dark. TG the DW is good at backing and following directions we had less than a foot to spare with slides fully extended.
kwjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #2

Alright kwjeepxi! Congrats!

You have probably already did this, but make sure you give the fridge 24 hours to cool. Also check the temp control located on the far right fin inside the fridge.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #3

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already done both. I found the temp control knocked out on Saturday night and put it back. When I checked the next day the freezer bottom was not cold so I removed the outside hatch and checked the “condenser?” and it was not warm, none of the black plumbing was warm at all. I pulled the pc board cover and the fuses looked good. I will bring a meter and check them next weekend as the trailer is in storage 40 minutes away.

Keith,Karen,Brianna, and Jessica
2015 F250 KingRanch, Powerstoke 6.7, 373 gears,
Prime Time Owner #81
2012 Tracer 3150bhd Delivered 10-22-2011
Nights Camped 2012 - 9 ,2013 - 7,2014-16
Old 11-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #4

did you figure out frig.? because ours doesnt get very cold either , the freezer freezes. we bought a fan to circulate the frig air and that seems to help a bit. i dont understand that chessey temp control in there. slide up to get colder or down for warmer? how does this really work?
oh congrats on new coach! we love ours ! shes 3 weeks old and we've been out 2 times.
Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #5

No it never got fixed. The TT is put away for the season and I have an apt in January to have it fixed under warranty. Mine was not working at all. The temp gauge started low (we keep the fridge doors open in storage, the outside temp was in the forties) and went up to 60F as time went on. We use a temp gauge that you can hang on the shelf and a fan (the blue one with 2 D batteries). Our old fridge got down in the thirties.

Keith,Karen,Brianna, and Jessica
2015 F250 KingRanch, Powerstoke 6.7, 373 gears,
Prime Time Owner #81
2012 Tracer 3150bhd Delivered 10-22-2011
Nights Camped 2012 - 9 ,2013 - 7,2014-16

Tags
prime time