Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #31

new truck 5th wheeler

ended up getting a hot deal on a 2007 GMC Duramax with Allison tranny and 25' Topaz 5th wheeler. they are both in excellent condition, truck has only 74,000km on it, both well taken care of and original owners. just getting used to backing up and all that stuff, will keep working at it. this all happened so fast, so we went for it. needs new tires on truck, brand new on trailer. 16: rims. has a complete cover for the 5th wheeler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new-RV-tuck.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	58247  

Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #32

So excited, we just purchased our 2014 Tracer 230FBS and pick it up next week. This is our second TT, traded in our 2013 Coleman CTS192RD after realizing what our true needs were; slide, walk around bed, larger bathroom etc. We spent many hours researching online, reading forums/reviews, you tube videos and visited many dealerships in Florida including the mammoth Lazy Days Rv's in Tampa. We ended up finding the perfect TT, the Tracer at General RV. Great Experience so far, we even got them to throw in LED awning lights, large grab bar, Jack Antenna and an extra TV mounting bracket. Can't wait to get it home and start packing for our first trip.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #33

We just purchased a 2012 Tracer 230FBS and have been on one camping trip so far. I replaced the top seal and wiper on the slide out. It wasn't leaking but in bad shape. The removal and prep took about an hour. The installation took about 10 minutes. Because we are campers, the outside kitchen was a must and the Tracer was the only TT I was looking for. Fortunately it didn't take us long to find one. It was a one owner and in excellent condition overall. We are more than pleased with our Tracer.

2012 Prime Time 230FBS Tracer
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #34

Mice and winter storage

We have a 230 FBS for 3 seasons and love it ...minor problems, except one! We store our trailer inside a shed built for it and it includes a 30 amp outlet, so we leave it plugged in all winter. No problem the first winter, but last winter we had mice in the kitchen and bath cabinets plus the outside kitchen. They could not get into the rest of the trailer because all the drawers and cabinet doors were closed. The underside is covered and "sealed" so mice cannot get in. I spent time under the trailer looking for the opening FR forgot to seal, but found NONE! Last week we put the trailer in the shed for the winter and as I was leaving, I glanced at the power cord and realized that I had not closed the little door over the cord as it leaves the trailer! The cord from there to the ground provided easy access for the mice to run up and into the trailer. I'm certain this was how I left the trailer last winter. Dumb and careless!!! CLOSE THAT LITTLE DOOR IF YOU HAVE A CORD THAT STORES INSIDE!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #35

I recently purchased a 2012 Tracer 230FBS and curious what issues some of you may have had with the older models.

Thanks
Phil Burdine

2012 Prime Time 230FBS Tracer
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote