Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #21

Hello Roamin,

I Don't know all the particulars, But, I looked up BlueSky Energy, and Xantrex, on Google. There is a Lot of Links and information there. I would also look on youtube for Solar Panel and Mounting installion tips. the kd140 solarpanel was also very easy to find on Google,

Just a note, it took me some months to get it all figured out, it took the boys in quartzite 6.5 hours to put the complete system in. Once I told them what I wanted. That's the thing, you have to figure out what you want, there are a lot of options.

Good Luck Les
Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #22

Interesting you purchased the 230FB, we are looking at the 235 AIR, did you consider that one? just in the process of possibly buying it, what was your main deciding factor? outside BBQ and height inside? tks, greg
gmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #23

Update: I did remember to use the Kendall Door Ease on our last trip this weekend,
and it solved the sticking problem. The stick is too large to fit in the track so I had to rub some on a fingertip and transfer to the track, but it solved the issue
Roamin Ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #24

When we were looking for our home away from home, the outside kitchen was a must. It is so nice to be able to use the outside stove, grill, sink and fridge. I can even cook something on the stove at the same time as grilling. The large shower with the glass doors is a nice feature. It is actually very usable. The floor plan was also perfect for the two of us. Can't wait to go camping this weekend!

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #25

tks on that, only 2 of us also, just in the planning stages, so newer truck and trailer, have my eye on a used 2013 Ram 1500 v8 hemi crew, super low mileage, has a tow of 8800lbs, the tracer we have in mind is about 4700lbs dry, trouble is I'm in vancouver canada, truck is in AZ! a lot cheaper in USA.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #26

Hello gmoney,
The 230 fbs, has the outside kitchen, and I believe a better unit all around,
we boughtours from Traveland in langley B.C. we are very happy with it and the deal from traveland
Old 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #27

Careless, what are you towing with? I think we looked at that unit, loved the outdoor cook area, not a lot of counter space inside was the downside. how are you overcoming that when in kitchen area? g
Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolson View Post
When we were looking for our home away from home, the outside kitchen was a must. It is so nice to be able to use the outside stove, grill, sink and fridge. I can even cook something on the stove at the same time as grilling. The large shower with the glass doors is a nice feature. It is actually very usable. The floor plan was also perfect for the two of us. Can't wait to go camping this weekend!

I totally agree
Old 06-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #29

Hello gmoney,
we make out just fine with the small counter, when you put the sink cover in and stove top down there is a lot more room but doing the dishes it works out fine, we thought we were going to have trouble to, But it works out just fine, we just love the 230 fbs, I put some more shelves in the cupboards and sliding cupboards under the seats for the table, it didnt seem like there was going to enough storage also, but we got LOTS of stuff in there

We pull it with a 2008 Toyota Tundra, 5.7 litre, goes really fast, I can pass any other R V on the road, haha. I have to kick out the cruise control going up mountain passes, because it goes to fast. for sure. I put air bags in the tundra, and I use weight disturbting bars We have the Crew Max, so the passenger doors are bigger than the front doors, Makes for more storage, when we travel south in the winter.
Hope this helps Les
Old 07-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #30
Retired CPO USN

Smile The Tracer 235

We just got our 235 Saturday. The challenge was getting hot water. I was not familiar with the "bypass" valves.
Aside from that hiccup we really enjoy it.
Our previous rig was a 24' class C that replaced the Lance 845.
Towing the 2012 Honda CRV with the C was 7.5 mpg on a good day.
At 65 mph our 2014 Ram 1500 diesel gave us 14 mpg.
It tows very nicely, the slide provides enough space to make us not cramped.
For us and the Chihuahua it has more than enough storage space, we like the way that the A/C, hot water heater, connections for water and electricity (the battery disconnect is great) have have improved.
CPO_Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #31

new truck 5th wheeler

ended up getting a hot deal on a 2007 GMC Duramax with Allison tranny and 25' Topaz 5th wheeler. they are both in excellent condition, truck has only 74,000km on it, both well taken care of and original owners. just getting used to backing up and all that stuff, will keep working at it. this all happened so fast, so we went for it. needs new tires on truck, brand new on trailer. 16: rims. has a complete cover for the 5th wheeler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new-RV-tuck.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	58247  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #32

So excited, we just purchased our 2014 Tracer 230FBS and pick it up next week. This is our second TT, traded in our 2013 Coleman CTS192RD after realizing what our true needs were; slide, walk around bed, larger bathroom etc. We spent many hours researching online, reading forums/reviews, you tube videos and visited many dealerships in Florida including the mammoth Lazy Days Rv's in Tampa. We ended up finding the perfect TT, the Tracer at General RV. Great Experience so far, we even got them to throw in LED awning lights, large grab bar, Jack Antenna and an extra TV mounting bracket. Can't wait to get it home and start packing for our first trip.
LifeIsGood-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #33

We just purchased a 2012 Tracer 230FBS and have been on one camping trip so far. I replaced the top seal and wiper on the slide out. It wasn't leaking but in bad shape. The removal and prep took about an hour. The installation took about 10 minutes. Because we are campers, the outside kitchen was a must and the Tracer was the only TT I was looking for. Fortunately it didn't take us long to find one. It was a one owner and in excellent condition overall. We are more than pleased with our Tracer.

2015 Wildcat Maxx T28RKX
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #34

Mice and winter storage

We have a 230 FBS for 3 seasons and love it ...minor problems, except one! We store our trailer inside a shed built for it and it includes a 30 amp outlet, so we leave it plugged in all winter. No problem the first winter, but last winter we had mice in the kitchen and bath cabinets plus the outside kitchen. They could not get into the rest of the trailer because all the drawers and cabinet doors were closed. The underside is covered and "sealed" so mice cannot get in. I spent time under the trailer looking for the opening FR forgot to seal, but found NONE! Last week we put the trailer in the shed for the winter and as I was leaving, I glanced at the power cord and realized that I had not closed the little door over the cord as it leaves the trailer! The cord from there to the ground provided easy access for the mice to run up and into the trailer. I'm certain this was how I left the trailer last winter. Dumb and careless!!! CLOSE THAT LITTLE DOOR IF YOU HAVE A CORD THAT STORES INSIDE!
Klemintine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #35

I recently purchased a 2012 Tracer 230FBS and curious what issues some of you may have had with the older models.

Thanks
Phil Burdine

2015 Wildcat Maxx T28RKX
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote