Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 39
We love our Tracer 230FBS

We just returned from our second camping trip and we are extremely happy with our purchase of this trailer.
So far we have only encountered a few issues. We had to have the television replaced due to a pixel problem. We had some leakage due to the antenna grommet coming loose.
We purchased some remote/swith LED lights from Sams and placed them in the cabinets. They really light up the cabinets and they also make for nice back lighting in the glass doors. We are thinking about replacing the outside kitchen refrigerator with a smaller one. Building a shelf for the smaller one so we can have counter space and be able to get into the refrigerator when we are using the stove.
Have any other 230FBS owners had any issues or have done any interesting mods?
We love our new home!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6726.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	28642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6732.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	28643  
__________________

__________________

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
We just spent two nights in out 2014 FBS, champagne color. Its really been good, we have had no issues so far.
Raising the fridge sounds like a interesting idea. We want to put in slide drawers under the seating area, and some half shelves, like in the bathroom. We put a body pillow at the head of the bed, to make it longer. hits the wall, but, its hard to get through there anyway.
I put a Garden Nozzle on the outside water line.
That's it for now
Also Loving our new Home
Les and Carol
__________________

Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
dgiturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Woodstock, IL
Posts: 28
No issues with mine. I just pulled it out of storage today to get it ready for our 3rd trip next week. During storage I used Fresh Cab rodent repellant and Damp Rid. So far everything looks as I left it.

The only mods I have made is a paper towel holder in the outside kitchen and under the kitchen cabinets. Also a toilet paper holder in the bathroom as well as a bath towel hook that hangs over the door.
I am planning on taking the frame of the entertainment system apart so I can run my HDMI cable through the rotating TV section as it is hard to fish through to hook up my laptop when I want to watch downloaded movies.
I will also put a hinge and lock on the panel that covers the water heater bypass so that winterizing will be simpler later.

A neat trick I use is to screw the outside shower hose into the black tank flush fitting, and run hot water from the campsite into the tank during dump time. (If you have full hookups)
Enjoy. This is my first camper and love every minute of the 2 trips we have made so far.
__________________
2013 Tracer 230FBS - Traded for
2015 Crusader 335BHS Yeah baby..
dgiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 39
We have also used the outside shower hose for the black tank flush. It worked great. We had a full hookup on our last trip. We were able to try out the shower. It is nice having the large shower with glass doors.

Do you store your trailer inside or outside? We live in Schaumburg and are researching storage options.

We are going to go camping again next weekend. Can't wait for our escape time!













.
__________________

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
Hey ya, about the Hdmi cable. we just put one in to the bottom cupboard, where our small laptop will sit, beside the stero the is a little screw holding a little "wall" so there are three screws to remove and ya can get to all the wires behind the stero, or just remove the stero and I drillied a 0ne inch hole so I could the Hdmi cord from the tv to the shelf below.

really a no brainer but that's all I got for now.

We are going to put Solar Panels and a Inverter, and all, on also
Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kirkland, IL
Posts: 5
We purchased ours (2012 model) 7/2012 and had it stored inside over the winter. Since bringing out of storage we have experienced two roof leaks and have to reseal. Other than that, we love this camper.
mozarts mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 7,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
We just spent two nights in out 2014 FBS, champagne color. Its really been good, we have had no issues so far.
Raising the fridge sounds like a interesting idea. We want to put in slide drawers under the seating area, and some half shelves, like in the bathroom. We put a body pillow at the head of the bed, to make it longer. hits the wall, but, its hard to get through there anyway.
I put a Garden Nozzle on the outside water line.
That's it for now
Also Loving our new Home
Les and Carol
Is the inside of door champagne color or white? I have a champagne color Lacrosse and the inside door is white. Stands out when you leave the door open.
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
Seasonal

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
The inside of our door is white also. I really like the unit anyway, eh?
Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Our new Tracer 230 FBS camper!

Just bought a new 2014 Tracer 230FBS camper. We looked at a lot of travel trailers, but this one looked the best to us. You can actually move in the shower and there is some vanity space, as well. We haven't got it home yet (stored until April15), too much snow! We are adding a "slide topper" to protect the slideout and I want to have a cushion made so we can use the dinette as a lounge with the table down. Looking forward to many years of traveling around the country with this camper (also bought a 2014 Chevy 2500HD truck to haul it with). Hoping to meet up with some other Tracer 230 FBS owners as we travel. Thanks to Primetime & Forest River for making the perfect "couples camper"!
57 Chevy Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 39
Congratulations! You should be very happy with this trailer. We can't wait to get ours out of storage. We are so ready to see it again.
__________________

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
Also Congratulations, on getting your new Tracer. We have put on 4000. miles on ours this year. I have put in the sliding drawers, under the seating area and they work great. The whole trailer works great. In those 4000. miles we never seen one more Tracer anywhere? But we did show ours off whenever possible, there was LOTs of interest in it. I installed Solar power and can run the outside frig. on it.
Your right, it is a Great Couples trailer
Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
dgiturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Woodstock, IL
Posts: 28
OK, the 2014 season is almost here. Hopefully this really long winter is finally over.
I am starting to book campsites already.

To catch up on this thread:

Bolson, I store mine inside, there is a private place in Huntley near the RV store off I90 that has indoor storage. PM me for more.
I also had my city and black tank female fittings replaced with brass, as the plastic ones were wearing out.

Careless, please more info on the solar system to run the outside fridge.

Belated congrats to all the recent owners!!!
__________________
2013 Tracer 230FBS - Traded for
2015 Crusader 335BHS Yeah baby..
dgiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
Hello, Please bear with me, I will try to explain this about the solar panels. the Solar Panel system installed on our 230 FBS, includes three solar panels, that can deliver up to 29 amps, that feed four six volt glass mat batteries, which are installed on the hitch, 280 pounds mind you. The power goes from there to the Coach system as normal. But, with the Inverter installed, which you can turn off and on, with the push of a button, the whole unit has 110 power, as you would have if you were plugged in, with out being plugged in. you can use any 110 plug on your unit.
We had a 2000 watt inverter installed, the fridge runs on a 1500 watt heater, with the 2000 watt inverter, we don't have to worry.
With the batteries charged above 11.5 volts this works. The batteries are very important to making this system work.
Does this help. There is more that I can explain if you would like.
This is basically how it works, Les
Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 19
[QUOTE=
Does this help. There is more that I can explain if you would like.
This is basically how it works, Les[/QUOTE]

We have a 230 FBS also and my long range plans include adding solar. I'd love to here details on how you installed the system and what components you selected. In particular, how did you bring the cables down from the roof? My Tracer has the fiberglass front cap, and I've wondered if there is enough space behind it to run cables. Pictures would be great
Roamin Ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Question Our new Tracer 230 FBS camper!

We just picked up our new Tracer 230FBS camper and are just now going through it, getting familiar with every thing AND discovered we are having troubles opening the windows. They look like they slide up & down, but we can't get them to move very well and I didn't want to force it. Anybody with a Tracer that's run into this??? Thanks.
57 Chevy Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
RollingDownTheHighway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 626
we have a tracer 3200 bht exc. series and we love it. We do what others mentioned with the outside shower running hot water through the black tank when flushing it out it. Works great. We've done 2 trips with ours so far and love it.
__________________
2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 Chevy 3500 CC, DRW (aka: bigbootyjudy)
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
Sticky Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 Chevy Dan View Post
We just picked up our new Tracer 230FBS camper and are just now going through it, getting familiar with every thing AND discovered we are having troubles opening the windows. They look like they slide up & down, but we can't get them to move very well and I didn't want to force it. Anybody with a Tracer that's run into this??? Thanks.
Yes the windows are sticky, with carefull determination we got them open, good luck with your windows.

Les
Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 32
Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin Ovum View Post
We have a 230 FBS also and my long range plans include adding solar. I'd love to here details on how you installed the system and what components you selected. In particular, how did you bring the cables down from the roof? My Tracer has the fiberglass front cap, and I've wondered if there is enough space behind it to run cables. Pictures would be great
Hi there, Umm I cheated this time and had the whole system installed, in Quartzite Arizonia, they do it all winter every year, they know what they are doing, I have done it before but not this time. They run the wires down the fridge vent and then right through the floor and under the unit to the batteries, which I installed behind the propane tanks. I used 4 - 6 volt Glass Matt batteries, $250.00 each. They are like the Heart of the system, so I went all the way with them. The solar panels are three K D 140's , I believe they are built in Canada, sold in Arizonia, Can get up to 30 amps with these, $1000.00 the control panel is a New Model last year, made by Blue Sky, $280.00 it can handle the 30 amps, and has a Solar Booster, sorry, I cant explain that properly, but, it gives you extra power from your solar panels. The inverter is a ProWatt SW 2000, $400.00. transfer switch, when then inverter is turned on, $95.00. 300 amp fuse, for the inverter $70.00.

The list goes on for awhile yet. there is the cost of the wire and a remote switch, temperature sensor, tilts for the panels that's just about it there.

The system works very well, I don't need to have a Generator anymore, I have used a Battery Charger from Wal Mart to charge the Battery for the electric motor for my boat, I can watch T.V. use the toaster, use the furnace in my rig, things like that. I am going to attach some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0956.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	51651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0953.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	51652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	51653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0958.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	51654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0959.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	51655  

Careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post

Yes the windows are sticky, with carefull determination we got them open, good luck with your windows.

Les
Mine are sticky too, on a Tracer 230. I keep meaning to use some Kendall Door Eaze on the tracks, but keep forgetting to pack it. If it works I'll post it.
Roamin Ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post

Hi there, Umm I cheated this time and had the whole system installed, in Quartzite Arizonia, they do it all winter every year, they know what they are doing, I have done it before but not this time. They run the wires down the fridge vent and then right through the floor and under the unit to the batteries, which I installed behind the propane tanks. I used 4 - 6 volt Glass Matt batteries, $250.00 each. They are like the Heart of the system, so I went all the way with them. The solar panels are three K D 140's , I believe they are built in Canada, sold in Arizonia, Can get up to 30 amps with these, $1000.00 the control panel is a New Model last year, made by Blue Sky, $280.00 it can handle the 30 amps, and has a Solar Booster, sorry, I cant explain that properly, but, it gives you extra power from your solar panels. The inverter is a ProWatt SW 2000, $400.00. transfer switch, when then inverter is turned on, $95.00. 300 amp fuse, for the inverter $70.00.

The list goes on for awhile yet. there is the cost of the wire and a remote switch, temperature sensor, tilts for the panels that's just about it there.

The system works very well, I don't need to have a Generator anymore, I have used a Battery Charger from Wal Mart to charge the Battery for the electric motor for my boat, I can watch T.V. use the toaster, use the furnace in my rig, things like that. I am going to attach some pictures.
Thanks for the post and pics! Are the panels wired in series or parallel? Do you know what the voltage in the line from the panels and gauge of the wires are?

Thanks again for the advise.
__________________

Roamin Ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


×