Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by Doc and Tam View Post
I have a 2011 Tundra. I've talked to several Toyota service techs. They agree it'll be no issue. I can tow 8200lbs with a tongue weight of up to 1000lbs. I tow a 31' boat trailer now and I drive firetrucks for a living. Big doesn't bother me. I also have Firestone Ride Rite airbags on the way to help with the spring sag.
Just me, do the math. Check out the link below.

Tow Vehicle Sizing

grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #12
You might want to look into ordering your unit now Primetime has a $4500 tourning package for free on the tracer models . Check out their website.

mb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
Ok so here’s my dilemma, the Tracer 3150BHD is our dream trailer. I found a good deal on it with a military discount and such. The dealer is less than 2 hours from home. They have a less than spotless sales reputation but I can hold my own on that end, but they have a VERY BAD reputation for service work and especially warranty work.
The next closest dealer is 6 hours away and $6000+ more expensive which would put it out of our price range. Does warranty work HAVE to be done at a Forest River dealer or can any RV service center do it?
RVGuy? You out there?
Me, Momma and the Dog
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Tracer 3150BHD (coming soon)
Days camped before the new camper don't count

Doc and Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I hope you aren't basing the price on the dealers listed price. I went back and forth with my dealer 3 or 4 times before I ended up with a final price of $14k less than MSRP and $10k less than their original posted "sale" price.

I had the choice of 2 dealers, 1 that was 30 mins away and another that was 2 hours. I went with the dealer that was 2 hours away because of their stellar customer service record where as the closer dealer didn't have a good record.

Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote