Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
What I would change on my Crusader

We purchased a new Crusader 298 BHS last fall, and really just now started to use it, and really love the traler in respect to latout, features, and quality of the unit. This is our 3rd 5th wheel and can say it the best layout yet.
However, i find some thing odd about the traile now that i have a few trips on it like:
1; Why is the outside outlet behind the door to enter the trailer, and not over the rear axle ? When we are set up at a site, we generaly leave the door open and leave the screen door closed. This blocks the outlet, and when we are set up we normaly have a table set up for a blender, coffie maker, or even a crock pot, but now i have to run a extention cord over to it. I think it weird and a pian in the a@@ where it is.
2:The shower head stinks, and has no pressure. My Father in Law just bought a Tracer with the sameone , and his sticks too. I just changed mine out for a better one.
3; I would raise the awning up about 2 inches because it always rubs the screen door going in and out of the trailer. I know over time it is going leave a rub make on the inside of the awning.
4: I did mention this in anouther post, but i will say it again, I hate chasing after beers and sodas when opening the outside kitchen door. can a latch be added for travel ?
5: Add a yellow light under the stairs going into the trailer. We had that on our last trailer, and found it helpful as it added some light on the stairs.
6; I would rather have a main control panel for the tank indacators, slides, awning, and water heater. I find it weird and kind of last minute the way it is now. I had that before and found it easier, and was surprised the Primetime didnt already have this.
Now i know complaining for something i chose to buy, but i will say that we do love this trailer , and these minor things far weight out what we do love about our Crusader.
We LOVE the outside kitchen
We love the small door in the bunk room ( great idea) We use it to load the trailer as well as using it for the kids small bikes for traveling, and we use it at the site for a dog kennel and keep the poch out of the main part of the trailer.
Great idea on having a cable and out let for a TV inside the storage area. I have a small TV in their , and love to watch the Red Soxs and NASCAR by the fire.
I also find that their is good placement for light in storage areas. My last trailer i used a flashlight at night,but now i find a light in every one, great thinking.
It has a great layout with real quality features in it, and so far had only 2 issues with the trailer that are being addressed, but i'll tajke that any day on a new 5th wheel.

Dont mean to complain, what do you expect, I oun a camper.

2011 Crusader 298 BHD
2008 Ford F-250 4x4 CC W/ V-10
Family Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #2

We have a 270RET, the plug behind the entry door is also a problem for us. Also, we need a plug in the dinnette slide, like to put a small lamp on the table....The entry steps we have installed an LED light behind the steps and also another one on the steps inside going up to the bedroom.
Would also like to see another cargo light on the left side of the cargo hole similar to the one on the right side. A light in the Battery Compartment would be nice, most of these I can install myself.
Having a light around the sewer connection would also be nice for checking this area at night.
Just a few things the factory could have installed..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette window six.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	15850  
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote