Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Cummins Retired

What is hidden under sofa/bed in Tracer 250AIR?

Hi,
We are picking up our 2015 Prime Time Tracer 250 AIR this Friday. Love everything about it except the sofa/bed. It sits horrible , planning to modify somehow as we love the rest of the camper. Under the sofa is a boxed in area. Any idea what is in it?? Sofa/bed and stove/sink are part of the slide-out. We would like to just remove it and put our own love seat or 2 small recliners but am assuming there is something in the boxed area. Dealer thought it was wheel well related but it doesn't make sense. May be part of the slide mechanism. Anyone have any info??

Many Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 03:46 AM   #2

We have a Tracer 255 Air and there is nothing under the sofa/bed but like you we hate how the bed lays when put out.Right now the trailer is in for a few thing to be taken care of and one is to adjust the top of the bed so it lays flat when put out.If it does not lay down flat we are going to see if they will make us a trade for 2 small recliners to go in place of it.
searay245se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
Cummins Retired

Hope you are right. Just not sure why they have an enclosed box under the sofa/bed. Maybe it allowed them to put a cheaper sofa/bed in. I notice the 255 has a little different floorplan, but hopefully they built the sofa/bed the same and it is empty under there. We want to do the same thing, put a couple of small recliners or small loveseat there. Have asked them to confirm with PrimeTime. Worst case I will tear into it after we get it. they did give us a $600 credit since the sofa/bed was an issue for us. Thanks for your reply!!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybill View Post
Hi,
We are picking up our 2015 Prime Time Tracer 250 AIR this Friday. Love everything about it except the sofa/bed. It sits horrible , planning to modify somehow as we love the rest of the camper. Under the sofa is a boxed in area. Any idea what is in it?? Sofa/bed and stove/sink are part of the slide-out. We would like to just remove it and put our own love seat or 2 small recliners but am assuming there is something in the boxed area. Dealer thought it was wheel well related but it doesn't make sense. May be part of the slide mechanism. Anyone have any info??

Many Thanks

Water pump, plumbing lines, propane lines??? Since the sink and stove are in a slide, the lines would have to run on top of the floor so they boxed them in?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Cummins Retired

Could be plumbing or propane lines, but water pump is at other end near water inlet connections and water tanks. What confuses me is that it is a large boxed in area, about 2' deep and 1' high. Not sure why so big unless part of slide mechanism. Does not make any sense unless it is just support for sofa/bed. Will see Friday after we get the camper home. Plan to open it up. Dealer does not know. Have sent a note to PrimeTime also, waiting on a reply.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #6

Tracer 250

Most likely the operating system for the slide and hvac/plumbing.
I just went out to the lot to look at one and asked our service dept.

MJ
MJAlbuquerqueRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

No horse in this race, but since the much of the slide is over the wheel well, it is probably a "sofa slide" that is not flush with the floor. If that is the case, I don't think you could put recliners there, unless they would on the raised platform of the slide.

The boxed area seen under the sofa is probably the bottom of the slide......that is the way it is with our sofa slide.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
Cummins Retired

Thanks MtnGuy, you got it right. Picked up our camper yesterday and first thing I did was to start checking out under the sofa. What I thought was a boxed in area across the back of the sofa was actually the outside wall of the camper! I had not thought about the slide not being down to the floor level. Have never had one that wasn't. It is a sofa slide like you said, about a foot above the floor. There is a small box in front of it by the sink that extends completely across under the sink. It covers the wheel well, only extends about 8" into sofa area. The dealer had no idea about the sofa slide. Mystery solved although I did not like the answer. Many thanks.

Tags
bed