Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
Structure might be a harsh word but the cabinet doors are falling off everywhere and every screw that secures hinges are all crooked and don't bite well.

As a side note the black tank says it full, it ain't unless it's not draining.

So here is a question for the group, although all minor and having camped for 4 days total, do you take to dealer to replace all hinges/crooked screws and look at black tank? I aint got Herk skills to drop tanks and replace sensors.

You might (if you want to) replace all those screws that you're finding with a slightly larger screw from your local hardware store or Lowes or Home depot. ( I did) They should have colored screws that match the hinges. Just don't get them too long that they go all the way through to the inside of the cabinet.

My grey and black sensor also are giving false readings. I'm going to have to try the "Calgon" treatment and see if that will help clean the crud off the sensors. Of course, one way to know if your black tank is empty is to open the toilet valve with the water off and the TT level and look down into the tank. If you can see the bottom of the tank and it's dry then, it's probably pretty empty.

But, if it's not a hassle to take your TT to your dealer then, by all means take it in.

Good luck and
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #22

Thanks all, I filled the black with city water, pull the valve, now shows "e" after that pulled both Greys so everything is empty but for the first time it says battery is 2/3? Why is that I am hooked to power?
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #23

RRacer, thanks, what I was thinking however, after review it appears the hinges are so tight on the ones that fell out no wonder they pull out. I had a hard time manually opening the hinges. Do they sell same hinges?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #24

Oh man, Is your shore power still plugged in and the breaker on the pedistal still on? Is the breaker labeled "converter" in your power unit tripped? It could be that your battery isn't being recharged.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #25

Quote:
RRacer, thanks, what I was thinking however, after review it appears the hinges are so tight on the ones that fell out no wonder they pull out. I had a hard time manually opening the hinges. Do they sell same hinges?
Probably not. The manufacturers probably have their own supplier for hardware. You could probably find something at the hardware stores that would work. I think the hinges may be made tight intentionally so as not to let a door swing freely during transit if one were to inadvertantly be left open.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #26

Shore power is in and no other trips, did notice battery connection 1/2 turn loose, maybe?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Shore power is in and no other trips, did notice battery connection 1/2 turn loose, maybe?
Yup, could be. Did coach lights get a little brighter when you tightend terminal?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #28
Just a member

Quote:
...every screw that secures hinges are all crooked and don't bite well.
We've been replacing the cabinet hinge screws with something more substantial (larger/longer bite) since day one. In the vast majority of cases of OE screws pulling loose, the culprit has been the hinge and nothing that a little tweaking of the crimp won't fix. Thought of taking it back to the dealer for the foregoing for all of 30 seconds and started replacing screws.

Quote:
As a side note the black tank says it full, it ain't unless it's not draining.
Water, water and more water. Make sure the tanks is two thirds to full when you dump and flush frequently.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote