Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #1

Where is my electrical panel/circuit breakers?

I've got a Crusader 296BHS on order. I was reading about the Progressive Industries hardwired electrical management system (EMS) and people were talking about installing it somewhere between where the power comes into the 5th wheel and the electrical panel. There is a small display that is mounted inside the 5th wheel and most people mount it next to the electrical panel and I'm not sure how far of a run that is from wherever the EMS itself may be mounted in the basement.

In looking a the gallery on the prime time website, it looks like the external connection from the shore power is just on the side of the 5th wheel towards the back (I'm guessing a bit). It just has a flip up cap and you plug in.

I can't see from the gallery where the electrical panel is on the inside. This model is new enough there aren't any walk through videos on youtube.

Anyway, just curious if anybody here may have an insight.
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #2

I am wondering the same. I have the same unit on order. They literally just started shipping these to dealers in the last two weeks being a new model, so Im not sure if anyone will have the answer yet. Ive been scrolling through pictures but dont see it anywhere.
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcorvair View Post
I am wondering the same. I have the same unit on order. They literally just started shipping these to dealers in the last two weeks being a new model, so Im not sure if anyone will have the answer yet. Ive been scrolling through pictures but dont see it anywhere.

Scrolling through the pictures, and having a general idea where the power centers usually are, I would check the following areas;

1-Check behind the louvred panel under the fridge

2-Notice the box next to the toilet? It could contain the power center and the front would be in the hall right at the stairs. (Although this would be a new location that I've never seen before but, what other purpose would that box in the bathroom have?)

3-Just inside the entry door in the base of the kitchen cabinet

That's about all I can see at this point.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #4

Where is my electrical panel/circuit breakers?

Haven't looked at your model yet but my crusader has a pantry door and the breaker panel is behind the door at the bottom of the pantry. And yes all the power cord hookups for crusaders are on rear of drivers side.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

Our 295 is the same as Todouble's. Detachable power connector in rear drivers side and converter underneath the pantry door.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, electric, electrical