Old 02-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #1

Why PrimeTime

Looking for a little direction. The wife and I have looked at many models and currently right now are stuck between the 319qbs and the Bullet premier 31BHPR.

Looking for a little background why you went Primetime. How is your unti holding up and just some general help.

The weights of both units are 3500lbs below my tow capacity so weight is not an issue. We have 1 child almost 4 years old and don't plan to have any more (she does have cousins and friends). Currently we have a 2010 North Country 26BH and looking to upgrade.

Right now we are between the Lacrosse 319 and the Bullet 31BHPR.

I like the large 12cu ft fridge in the 319 and the overall feel of build quality. I also like the diamond plate bottom seems like it would be more durable then full face fiberglass. Wife loves the solid surface. I like the outdoor kitchen on the 319 better then the 31BHPR. Larger tanks is a plus.

On the other hand the new brown front 31BHPR looks great. I also like the overall feel of being "modern" within the Premier but am concerned the overall build quality isn't there. The 31bhpr gets a plus for being so aerodynamic also and lite. The fold out beds are nicer(comfort) in the brand new 2013BHPR then the 319.

I do not like the couch in the bunkgouse of the 318.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Outside kitchen is imo a must have.
Will never buy one without.

Welcome to the forum!

Turbs

Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Outside kitchen is imo a must have.
Will never buy one without.

Welcome to the forum!

Turbs
Both unit do have a full outside kitchen and is a MUST have in my book also.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #4

Not knowing anything about the two trailers you are looking at, we went Prime Time for the following reasons

1. Thought behind how they are built, light placement, drawer size etc.
2. Fit and finish is better than units costing a third more
3. Access to prime time management thru this website.
4. Generally a better built unit for the money.
5. Product development listens to what you have to say.

It really come down to what is right for you and your pocketbook.
However for the reasons above I would look very carefully at Primetime products
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclay View Post
Not knowing anything about the two trailers you are looking at, we went Prime Time for the following reasons

1. Thought behind how they are built, light placement, drawer size etc.
2. Fit and finish is better than units costing a third more
3. Access to prime time management thru this website.
4. Generally a better built unit for the money.
5. Product development listens to what you have to say.

It really come down to what is right for you and your pocketbook.
However for the reasons above I would look very carefully at Primetime products
I agree with all of the above and were the reasons for us. In addition PT has world class customer service.

Good luck in your trailer hunt!

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #6

Sounds like there are more "pros" for the Lacrosse. Fit, finish and overall better quality will go further IMO. RV Guy on this forum is the company president and will answer your questions or get you in touch with someone who can. As mentioned above, their customer service IS second to none.

The diamond plate is a must. It's a real gravel saver. The Bullet is probably lighter due to lighter construction. Go with the better construction!

As far as exterior looks go, check this out, Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels. Prime Time has their Champagne Edition out and you may find one at a dealer nearby, or if you're not in a hurry, order one now built your way and it should be ready come spring.

Good luck in your search.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #7

We are really leaning toward the 319. Most the people we camp with have Jayco or Keystone products, so I really wanted to find out more info about primetime from actual owners.

Your feedback has been very appreciated and concreted how I already felt!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #8

Had our LaCrosse 303RK a year now and travel over 6000 miles last year and everything held together great. We looked at several other brands and models and decided the LaCrosse looked better and seemed to be put together better. We had some issues that were taken care of by PrimeTime, our selling dealer, and our local dealer which was 200 miles closer to our home site. Some were factory problems and some were dealer caused, and some might of been because we bought a new 2010 that had been on the lot for over 2 years (but at a fantasical price). PrimeTime customer service is over the top. We would look at PrimeTime if and when we replace the LaCrosse if they have a model that would work for us, our next one will most likely be something dowmsized. Go with what works for you but don't be afraid to get the LaCrosse if it is the ONE.

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardeenm1 View Post
We are really leaning toward the 319. Most the people we camp with have Jayco or Keystone products, so I really wanted to find out more info about primetime from actual owners.

Your feedback has been very appreciated and concreted how I already felt!
Actually Prime Time was started a few years ago by people from Keystone companies of Cougar and Montana. I believe one of the first engineers came over from KZ. They wanted to start a company and do things differently. I think PT's still have a little Keystone flavor blended with some of the FR characteristics. Best of both worlds.
I do not like swivel tv's. Does the Premiers still have one in the living area and outside kitchen? They did when I chose my Lacrosse. Did not make much sense having a tv to get splattered by a sink and places for bugs to get into the trailer.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #10

The premier has gone away from the bunk/outdoor kitchen set up with the flip around TV.

I do not feel the quality is on par with the Lacrosse. We also viewed a Coachmen Freedom express Liberty 310bhds this weekend and while I really like the looks and interior finishing I also do not feel that the quality compares to the Lacrosse. Our 3 1/2year old also approved the Lacrosse! Now it is time to work with my 2 closest dealerships to obtain the best pricing compared to a very good quote that we obtained from one of the large wholesale dealerships online.

My two top brands that I felt are quality built are Prime time and Jayco. The coachman quality was inline with the Keystone products. Ok but built to lesser standards in my opinion.