Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 AM   #21

I recently had a guest stay overnight and found the same problem with the head of the bed being lower than the foot. In addition, the air mattress did not hold air. I contacted Primetime(transcript of emails below):

Hello Roger,
On the road again for about the next 4 months. I had company stay the night and was completely embarrassed when I set u the hide a bed for them. The head of the bed(adjacent to the wall is appreciably lower than the foot end requiring an individual to lay at an angle head to toe. I requested they lay with there heads toward the fireplace and it was still too uncomfortable for them to get to sleep. They ended up putting the inflatable mattress (which leaked) on the floor. What am I to do for this???? It must be a design flaw, for I could not find any way to adjust the bed to be level and fix the leaky mattress. I am sure this must of been an issue with other Sanibel owners who had the same set installed in there unit. Please advise.

Received the following reply:

Good morning Greg,

We are sorry to read abuot the experience with the hide-a-bed. We want to help. And the way we help is through our dealers. Can you make an appoitment with your dealer and we will help them diagnose and solve this problem.

Roger at Prime Time

My reply to Roger:

I am in Florida and will not return to Va until April. My dealer is located in NC. I will have to wait until then. Of importance, I don’t have too much confidence in the dealer I bought this unit from. I am an engineer and can tell you that it is a design issue with the bed and quality issue with the mattress. The last time I dealt with them on minor issues with this unit, I didn’t get it back for over a month and still awaiting a rocker chair that was in this brand new unit with a tear in the side. They told me they ordered one under warrantee and it will be there when we return from this journey.

I did not receive any more emails from Prime Time and feel that I am stuck with the problem. Prime Time has been great in responding to issues with this unit in the past, but apparently has changed there tune.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #22
2014 327 Lacrosse

For this issue to be so prevalent- someone had to have known these sofa beds were defective. Primetime- make it good. Your contract with Lane should be enough to get something going. Don't put it off on dealers- this is a factory problem.
Pipers Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipers Family View Post
For this issue to be so prevalent- someone had to have known these sofa beds were defective. Primetime- make it good. Your contract with Lane should be enough to get something going. Don't put it off on dealers- this is a factory problem.
Precisely!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #24

Got our Crusader back from dealer regarding sofa and a couple other warranty issues. Evidently, Prime Time had the dealer to basically rebuild the sleeper sofa by removing material covering the frame and moving the frame to level the back with front. Too cold to inspect closely but appeared to fixed the problem. Can't say enough about our dealer who has been very responsive and available to our needs this past year! Good luck to others who are dealing with the Lane sofa issue, they (Lane) need to own their mistake and make it right and PT should take care of their customers and recall these sofas.
cwhitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitis View Post
Got our Crusader back from dealer regarding sofa and a couple other warranty issues. Evidently, Prime Time had the dealer to basically rebuild the sleeper sofa by removing material covering the frame and moving the frame to level the back with front. Too cold to inspect closely but appeared to fixed the problem. Can't say enough about our dealer who has been very responsive and available to our needs this past year! Good luck to others who are dealing with the Lane sofa issue, they (Lane) need to own their mistake and make it right and PT should take care of their customers and recall these sofas.

Glad you got her all fixed up. As soon as it warms up I'm gonna check mine!
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #26

I believe my 2013 3500 Sanibel furniture is made by Lippert. My understanding from reading the latest posting is the beds made by Lane also have the unlevel issue. I would be interested to hear if the dealer actually was able to fix the problem. "You don't get what you expect, you get what you inspect."
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote