Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #1

window blinds-anyone else having issues?

2014 tracer 2670bh. purchased last june. I noticed some of my windows have the nice pleated night shades and some have regular blinds.. I don't remember which as camper in storage but I think the slideout windows are shades and rest of trailer are blinds(but I can be wrong). either way, I have major issues with the blinds, especially by the bunks. in order for me to open and close a window I have to stick my hand between the blinds and im constantly bending the blinds..anyone else having this issue? it seems that it would be better having all night shades instead.. im not sure why all the windows are not shades? be much easier then keep replacing blinds... does anyone know if this is an option? can they be added? is it possible that mine was a mistake and the whole camper should be shades? thanks for reading...
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
Site Team

You can added them.
I had the same unit (2013)
The bunk blinds suck! we broke a few pair in just one season. They just pull right outta the wall. We gave up on them.
I was going to come up with something for the bunks but we traded the trace in.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #3

You can buy the day/night shades from Camping World or directly from FR; however cost is about the same. We replaced one of ours last fall and it was not difficult.
pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #4

I have one that jammed our first trip out. Have to call the dealer to order under warranty-FR won't send it direct to me.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #5

mine all bent

and neither primetime nor dealer will replace under warranty.. they both say that they unhook from bottom of blind so that I can roll them up to do window..honestly, I never knew this..they never told me this during walkthrough.. I guess I should have known..kind of my fault...but still, I didn't know that they unhook so I bent them all.... neither will pay to replace since I bent them....usually dealer is good for stuff like this...im not too happy...any idea where I can find matching blinds?
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #6

Lowes, home depot have both, just take the measurements in and have them cut them for you
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote