Old 06-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #11

We have two Yamaha 2000 that we wire together. Runs everything perfectly. Bought the generators/inverters at Costco $599 each. As a woman I can lift them no problem .

Old 06-26-2015, 12:56 AM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSwesey View Post
We have two Yamaha 2000 that we wire together. Runs everything perfectly. Bought the generators/inverters at Costco $599 each. As a woman I can lift them no problem .
Those are not Yamaha generators.
They have Yamaha engines.
They're from a company called Smarter Tools.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:18 AM   #13

I took the new generator over to the trailer storage spot tonight for a test run. I was a little scared when I plugged my Campbell Hausfeld 13 gallon air compressor into the generator and it threw it into overload and would not start the compressor.

However, I had no such problems with the trailer. Outside temp was 96 degrees today. It fired the AC right up after a slight hiccup when the compressor started. I then turned on the fridge to Electric, turned on the antenna booster and fired up the TV and surround sound speakers. With all this going, the generator was still able to operate in "econ" mode at slightly less than full throttle. Inside the trailer with the generator right at the back bumper it could just barely be heard over the AC. I ran it for 30 minutes this way, no problem. Hopefully it will pull its weight when we go up 2k feet in elevation over the 4th of July. When we are dry camping, the fridge will be on propane but the TV will be going if its 95 outside.

Now it was perhaps a tad noisier than my Honda eu2000i at full throttle, but not by much and it was carrying the load of the AC which the Honda will not. I did not have my batteries hooked up to the trailer, so the charger was not drawing power for them. I then ran it over to my inlaws and plugged it into their trailer (batteries hooked up on this one). It fired their AC right up and kept on chugging, even while charging their batteries.

Color me impressed!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

As a word of caution repeated numerous times here on the forum: If the generator is not an inverter unit that has a "true sine wave" output, it could cause problems with the electronics in your campers......TVs, sound systems, and mother boards in your appliances.

Just saying.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #15

This is their inverter model, not an open frame type. It is the 75531i. Amazon has them for 839 with free prime shipping, it's allot if generator for the money.