Old 08-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Location: Close to North / South Carolina border and Blue Ridge Mountains
Year and half later and still happy

As my wife of 43 years and I approach the 1/2 way point of our second season camping with our Lacrosse 303RKS we would like to take the time to thank Mr. Jeff Rank (RvGuy), grhodes (Gary) and all of the folks at Sony's Camp N Travel (SC) that have directly contributed to the making of our great family memories. Gary, being a regular contributing forum member and Lacrosse owner, was the first one that encouraged us to investigate what Primetime RV had to offer. We found his frankness and sincere answers to our unvarnished questions, both for the positive and negative concerning "his" experience of owning a Lacrosse travel trailer to be one of the major factors in our family purchasing our first TT. Mr. Rank, please don't forget Gary when it comes time for him to upgrade his TT, he is surely one of your best allies.

We would also like to point out that Mr. Rank was instrumental in us forming a very positive impression of the type of people and their commitment to quality and customer service that made up this newly formed recreational company called Primetime. Mr. Rank was, and is still, very unselfish with his time in answering our many neophyte questions and offering reassurance to our concerns in purchasing from such a new TT manufacturer. We have not been disappointed in any way with any of the PT personnel that we had interaction with over this last 1-1/2 years and the trailer its self.

For those forum members that live in close proximity to Sony's Camp N Travel, located in the upstate of South Carolina we would think it would be hard to find a more accommodating and friendly sales and service staff when shopping for your next TT. Sony's in addition to Primetime, carries many different TT lines and would be well worth your time to investigate what they offer.

For those that are new to pulling a TT or pulling a longer/heavier unit we would like to share what our tow vehicle setup is: Half Ton, 4x4, quad cab, 5.7L Ram Hemi, tow package, and 3.92 gears. I also added a Timbren Suspension Enhancement System (S.E.S) to help support the rear coil springs. Our hitch is an Equal-i-zer Sway Control rated at 1,200 lbs tongue wt, 12,000 max tow wt. With this setup we have pulled our TT all over the Smokies (NC and Tenn) without any problems. We haven't experienced any difficulty with highway or secondary road gradients encountered when towing. The truck, when towing, can easily keep up with traffic on the interstates (mountainous I26 and I40). Yes the GPM is terrible when towing, average 8-9 gpm, but we decided on a gas engine rather than diesel because we use the truck as a secondary daily driver and gas is cheaper.

As all experienced TT owners are aware, it is a fact that "things" will occasional go wrong with your unit and require repair. We had a few issues but so far we are very happy with the overall quality of our PT unit and customer service that has been provided by both PT and Sony's when need. We would like to end my post with the slogan that is used by Sony's.

"We're not promised tomorrow, let's make those memories today." We hope all of the forum members camping experiences are as good as ours.

Bob and Marie (Rustymax)
Rustymax is offline   Reply With Quote