Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #101
Director, FROG

Just finished the Tampa RV Super Show. Wow! This place was amazing! Over 1100 RVs were on display, with a MAJOR presence by Forest River and its various divisions.

We woke up this morning and looked out the windshield to see frost on the roof and windows of the car. [Memo to Department of Tourism: What the heck is this about?] The rest of the day turned out to be beautiful, following two days of cold, raw, windy weather.

I've been monitoring e-mail and voice mail while gone, and both the DC Rally and the International Rally are getting tremendous response. I'm in touch with the campground in DC to try to get additional sites. We'll try to accomodate everyone, but if we're not able to do so, we'll go in order received.

On the International Rally, we have lots of space available, and should be able to accomodate everyone with no issue. Again, we'll work in receipt order and will send out confirmations to everyone as soon as we get back. If you've ALREADY gotten your confirmation before 1/1/12, you're good for full hookups. As we send out confirmations when we get back (the registrations are being stored for us in order received) we'll let you know if you have full hookups or just electricity and water.

We met a lot of FROGS at the show, and registered a lot more. There's obviously been a lot of pent-up interest in having an owners' group, and were excited at the response so far.

Several of you have sent us suggestions for rally locations, and we welcome those and encourage you to continue.

In the next month or so I'll be sending out information about assistance that we'll need leading up to and during the International Rally. Again, several of you have offered to help, and again, we welcome that. We want this to be YOUR event and to be a rousing success, and with your help we'll make that happen together.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #102

Hello Bob Just wanted to know if you made it home safely. We sent our registration in 1/6/2012 by mail and did not know if you have started sending out confirmations.

Steve and Jeannie Lange
Erlanger, Kentucky ( Northern Ky )
2010 Rockwood 8314BSS
2007 F250 4x4 Crew Cab 5.4
2010-8 trips/27 nights 2011-13 trips/35 nights
Steve Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #103
Director, FROG

Made it back home in great shape from Tampa, although we learned on the news that we had just missed several small tornados in the Louisville area. (I suppose, though, that no tornado is "small" if you're the guy who lost a roof or who had your tanker truck blown off the road.)

I've sent out confirmations on the Cherry Blossom Festival trip this week, but not yet on the International Rally. We obtained a block of sites at the fairground that have 30 (but no 50) amp service along with both water and sewer. They weren't going to be available to us, but now are. We'll put some of the early registrations there if they only need 30 amp, freeing up more of the 50 amp FHU sites. We currently have about 85 or 90 registrations in, so with the additional sites, if you've registered so far you should have E/W/S.

We also added more sites to the DC trip (the original 25 were gone before I got back from Tampa, and the next 25 were gone in two days), and currently have about 10 spots available for that trip.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #104

We will be sending in our registration on the first, this will be our very first rally ever. Bought our T.T last spring and we are looking forward to a lot more time on the road this year.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #105

Thank You for the update Bob. We went down to the Louisville RV show this weekend and noticed a lot of buildings and homes with tarps on their roofs. I'm sure this was the result from the stroms.
We had a great conversation with Rick from Rockwood at the show. Hopefully he will be invited to the rally. We are looking forward to the plant tours at the rally. Will the Rockwood TT plant be on the list?
Jeannie and I have experience in various aspects of running International rallies in our past when we where Bounder RV owners, so please let us know if you need any help at the rally.

Steve and Jeannie Lange
Erlanger, Kentucky ( Northern Ky )
2010 Rockwood 8314BSS
2007 F250 4x4 Crew Cab 5.4
2010-8 trips/27 nights 2011-13 trips/35 nights
Steve Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #106
Director, FROG

Steve, glad to hear you had a good time at the Louisville show. Not to imply that any others are not, but the Rockwood Division is a great operation. My brother Mike just took delivery on a Rockwood trailer about ten days ago.We've had several offers of help on the International Rally, and welcome them all. We'll be contacting people who have offered individually (although I'll have to go back through and make a comprehensive list), but if anyone wants to drop me a note at frog@forestriverinc.com, I'll be happy to start the list.For starters, we'll need committees and individuals to help with checking in attendees, parking, hall set up (decorations -- the fairground will set up tables and chairs), helping to set up attendance prizes, entertainers, and possibly vendors, games, keeping track of attendees on factory tours and optional trips, and more.This will be a big effort and will require teamwork, and one and all are welcome.Regarding tours, we've not yet settled on exactly which plants we'll visit (there are about 20 around the area), but will have a variety of motorized, fifth wheel and trailers. Part of the determination will be based on attendance representing various divisions and production schedules.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 02-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #107

Bob, are there any full hookup sites still available or have they all been booked?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #108
Director, FROG

The first 75 are booked (50/30 amp with FHU), but it looks as if we can get some 30 amp FHUs. If so, we'll be able to put some of the first 75 folks that registered on those sites since some of them only need 30 amps, and that will free up some of the 50/30 amp FHU sites.

I'm hoping, but don't know yet, that we can get some additional 50/30 FHU, but can't promise. There's a Cat Diesel club that will be at the fairground when we're there. Cindy and I used to be in that club, and I don't think they're going to use all of the spaces that they have reserved, so we might pick some off there.

We currently have 95 paid registrations for the Rally, with over 6 months still to go. It's going to be a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Bob, are there any full hookup sites still available or have they all been booked?

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #109

Thanks for the info. I'll be sending a check.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #110

Would love to make it but a previous unplanned event will require the DW and I to use what's left of our unplanned vacation time to make a trip to Georgia. Was really looking forward to the plant tours. Hope everyone has a great time and maybe we can catch a future rally.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote