Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #281

Smile The Camping Family

These guys are ready for some camping and traveling excitement.
Forest Jump has been introduced to the rest of the Foggy family.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5139.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	18048  

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #282

All looks like a real good time! I wanted to go but kiddies started school this week. I would especially enjoy the vendor stuff. After having the lacrosse for 1 year and getting the new diesel I am really interested in looking at the newest 5er for a potential upgrade, so seeing the newest models would be worth the trip, all under one roof. Have a great week!
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #283

Pats on the back to Forest River folks

For anyone and everyone out there.....Let it be known that those of us here at FROG RALLY Goshen have been swamped with an amazing group of folks from all of the Forest River divisions.....techs and supervisors.....helping us get any and all RV issues resolved at an amazing low cost.....of NOTHING.

We had issues with the electrical side of our hot water heater, a broken window blind, the top of our kitchen table has a split in it, PLUS the damage done from the almost blown out tire that happened on the way here.

EVERYTHING was fixed by the folks here at the campground.....FOR FREE.....PARTS AND LABOR. The element in the hot water heater was replaced, the window blind was repaired. and a new kitchen table has been ordered for us.....PLUS the trim around the tires was replaced, the hole above the tires was properly fixed with new insulation installed, and the bracket holding the trim piece was replaced.

There have been some folks that had to take the rigs to the factorys for more extensive repairs, and some of the techs at the campground found issues with rigs that the owners did not know about.....and they were fixed also. I also saw a windshield being replaced, and a new reefer being installed, new carpet being carried into a unit, plus many other stories being told of all of the good work being done.

With the rain yesterday and last night I thought if anyone had any leaks.....last night would be the time to find them......and I know of at least 1 rig that is going to the factory on Thursday to be repaired.

Thanks again to all of the techs, supervisors, and EVERYONE involved all the way up to and including Pete Liegl for making all of this happen.

FROM ALL 223 RIGS HERE AT GOSHEN.....SALUTE.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #284

Sounds as though this should be the new fall "hangout"

It's good to hear that FR wants to be involved with the customer and resolve issues. This kind of feedback and stories are a plus for me in deciding where to purchase a new 5er.
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #285
Director, FROG

Sunshine! After a night of heavy rain, Tuesday dawned bright and mostly clear. FROGs were up and around early, anxious to hop to the breakfast buffet even following the remarkable dinner the evening before. And FROGs can eat!

You don’t want to be caught between these hungry critters and a buffet table. Scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, peach French toast with pecans; sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, and fried potatoes got everyone ready for a day of adventure.

Seminars started soon after, with the first of many well-attended sessions. Before long, tour buses were lining up in front of the Community Center for a trip to several Forest River plants throughout the area.

Morning trips took attendees to the Flagstaff / Rockwood plant in Millersburg; to the Cedar Creek and Cherokee plants in Topeka; and to the Pre-Delivery Inspection center and the Sierra / Sandpiper plant in Goshen. Everyone on the tours had a chance to see not only craftsmanship and quality built into Forest River products, but also a hint of the enormous economic impact that Forest River has on many of the small communities in the area.

Follow-up trips in the afternoon took members to see the “big boys” – Berkshire and Charleston diesel pushers; Sportscoach diesel and Columbus fifth wheel; and a return to PDI and Sierra / Sandpiper, with r-Pod thrown in for good measure.

Throughout the day, FROGs also had a chance to view more of the new Forest River offerings on display, including diesel and gas Class A’s, Class C motorhomes, fifth wheels, toy haulers, travel trailers, pontoon boats, and utility trailers. Traffic was heavy and business was good for many of the vendors as members visited that area again.

But it was something else that the FROGs saw throughout the day that left many so amazed. The previous evening, Pete Liegl has spoken of commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction – both his personal commitment and that of the company. Today, those words were translated into action. Pete had authorized a small army of service technicians to handle service issues for all comers – mechanical issues, body work, appliances, electrical problems, and more – not only on the spot, but all at no charge. Attendees were almost speechless at tales of work done at no charge, sometimes on issues that the owners didn’t even know that they had.

Stories of amazing commitment, excellent work, and true dedication were repeated everywhere people gathered. And all free. Not only did Forest River technicians perform work, but techs from suppliers of components, such as appliances, glass, jacks, and more were called in to support the corporate effort. Many said that they had never seen, or even heard of, a company standing behind its products in such amazing fashion.

And then, predictably, it was time to eat. These folks can eat. Nelson’s Bar-B-Q provided their famous pit chicken, ham, green bean casserole, “pit-tatoes” decadent brownies, and drinks to satisfy the heartiest of appetites.

Throughout dinner we were treated to a background show of photos of the first – yes, I said it – first FROG International Rally in Branson. I guess a few Canadians in the mix, and a couple from Portugal make it qualify. Following some announcements, we invited Bob Schorfeide, who hails from Oklahoma but is otherwise OK, to tell us a little bit about the history of that event.

And of course, with “Big Bob” at the podium, something was bound to happen. And it did.

That’s when the joint was “busted.” As part of the evening’s entertainment, a Barney Fife character eased into the room, checking things out and questioning Bob about the parking situation and the golf carts that didn’t have a license or permits and would have to be impounded. Doubled over in laughter, “Big Bob” gamely continued his presentation as Officer Fife checked out the room for suspicious characters, malcontents, and other possible evildoers. He even warned us about a possible suspect who had pursued him clear from Kokomo, sometimes at speeds exceeding 53 miles per hour.

Officer Fife went out to find a location to “surveille” the situation, soon reappearing in the person of Rik Roberts, a comedian who proceeded to leave the audience in stitches with his hilarious observations as well as his musical comedy.

Following the performance everyone retired to the campground to rehash the day or simply to settle in and anticipate the day ahead.

More to come……

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #286

Smile Fire pit fun at night..

We set around the fire way to late but had a ball.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5150.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	18085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5146.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	18086  

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #287
Wanna Be Camper

What a great day today. Forest River kept us busy from 930 am till almost 530 pm today on the Rolling on the river tour. Our guide and driver were awesome as was the River boat owner/captian and we got a great tour of the Amish country side as well. Tomorrow the FR techs are coming to fix up our few issues as well.

Meeting all the FRF members here as well as everything Forest River has and is doing for us all makes me pround to be a FROG member and FRF member as well.

Have a great nite all you FROGs here in Indiana

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
We set around the fire way to late but had a ball.
It appears by all of those Bottles that it was the (Fire Water) not the Fire! Just saying! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
What a great day today. Forest River kept us busy from 930 am till almost 530 pm today on the Rolling on the river tour. Our guide and driver were awesome as was the River boat owner/captian and we got a great tour of the Amish country side as well. Tomorrow the FR techs are coming to fix up our few issues as well.

Meeting all the FRF members here as well as everything Forest River has and is doing for us all makes me pround to be a FROG member and FRF member as well.

Have a great nite all you FROGs here in Indiana
The Sasks,could you please count the number of V-Nose units at the Rally and post the number? Thank you. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #290
Site Team

Many of us sure are missing a great event! I’m hoping that next year's rally will be a few weeks earlier so I can attend. With school starting here the first week of August there's no way I will be able to go since I return to school/work around the 3rd week in July.

You know there is a plant here in CA in Rialto that might work…. (Hint hint!)

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #291

You are all making me so sad that we can't be there with you..
Bob more pictures would make me feel better.

Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #292

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

Iggy
John (Iggy) you might not be here this time but every one here knows your smile because Bob put the 1st Rally in Branson pictures on the big screen and you were there and they now know that you are the founding father of the FROGS. Maybe founding father is a little much but you are the one who pushed to get the FROG rally thing going and it's growing like crazy.
Goshen has been great, I can guess at the number of units and head count but I'll leave that to one of the Bob's to confirm.
We do wish you could have made it here and we are sorry we can't make the Tucson Rally. Hoping you have a great rally there and get to meet more Western FROGS.
Peggy and I will be the in Nov and we'll have a slew of pictures and stories to tell you.
The Forest River people have treated all of us like royalty and have gone the extra mile to work on and repair any problems we have had with our units. Nothing has been to much or to involved for them to tackle.
It has been greatly appreciated by us all and really are sorry you couldn't be here to see it in person.
We can all be proud to say we are Forest River owners and will wear our FROG banners and hats proudly.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
John (Iggy) you might not be here this time but every one here knows your smile because Bob put the 1st Rally in Branson pictures on the big screen and you were there and they now know that you are the founding father of the FROGS. Maybe founding father is a little much but you are the one who pushed to get the FROG rally thing going and it's growing like crazy.
Goshen has been great, I can guess at the number of units and head count but I'll leave that to one of the Bob's to confirm.
We do wish you could have made it here and we are sorry we can't make the Tucson Rally. Hoping you have a great rally there and get to meet more Western FROGS.
Peggy and I will be the in Nov and we'll have a slew of pictures and stories to tell you.
The Forest River people have treated all of us like royalty and have gone the extra mile to work on and repair any problems we have had with our units. Nothing has been to much or to involved for them to tackle.
It has been greatly appreciated by us all and really are sorry you couldn't be here to see it in person.
We can all be proud to say we are Forest River owners and will wear our FROG banners and hats proudly.

AMEN George.....

Heard Bob Byrne say last night 223 units.....and I'm betting somewhere over 450 bodies total.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #294
Director, FROG

Wednesday

Wow, was it quiet around here today (unless you’re a Forest River Service Technician)!

There’s an old expression that “Time flies when you’re having fun.” FROGs would agree with that sentiment, but might add that “Time’s fun when you’re having flies (or some other food of your choosing). Shortly after another delicious breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, donuts and pastries, coffee and juice), over 200 FROGs set off on adventures throughout the area.

Beautiful sunshine provided a perfect setting for the tours. The first group to set off was bound for South Bend to visit the legendary University of Notre Dame. From there it was off to the Studebaker Museum and to Capsholm, previously the mansion home of the Oliver family of plow and tractor fame. Lunch was at the Tippecanoe Mansion, home to the Studebaker family.

By far the largest group required three tour buses to transport them to the RV/Motorhome Hall of Fame. Several members noticed that Forest River President Pete Liegl is honored there. Having heard from Pete a few nights earlier, and having seen his commitment to quality and customer service in action throughout the week, the members could easily understand the honor. Lunch was on board the Elkhart Queen riverboat during a cruise on the Elkhart River. Additional stops included the Bonneyville Mill, a historic grist mill still in operation, and its neighboring gardens. A driving tour through Amish farmsteads gave members an appreciation of the simple way of life to which the “Plain People” adhere.

Finally, the third group set off on a tour of Amish businesses, at which they accumulated gifts and had an opportunity (apparently one which was exercised often) to make other purchases. Following a traditional Amish lunch, each member had an opportunity to visit downtown Shipshewana; to shop the renowned Shipshewana Flea Market; or to visit the Menno-Hof Interpretive Center to learn more about the history and way of life of the Amish and Mennonite residents of the area.

Many other FROGs used the beautiful day to explore the area on their own, taking individually scheduled plant tours; shopping the area communities, or just getting out and about.

Meanwhile, back at the fairgrounds, a small army of service technicians continued to carry out Forest River’s commitment to service by providing repairs, adjustments, and enhancements to attendees’ RVs at no charge. These efforts have been coordinated throughout the week by Leo Akins, who heads up the company’s Pre-Delivery Inspection Center; Pat Stafford, leader of the Goshen Service Center; and Johnny Jones, who manages the company’s Sabre, Puma, and Columbus Divisions.

Tonight was the only night that no dinner was scheduled. FROGs were encouraged to go out to Goshen or some of the neighboring communities to visit local businesses, many of whom were offering discounts to our members.

As daylight faded, members settled in with memories firmly embedded and more adventures highly anticipated. We sincerely hope that no one wasted away from the lack of a sponsored meal this evening. Tomorrow, we eat, and once again time will be fun.

More to come……

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #295

here is the link to my rally photo album

Frog Rally Goshen IN 2012 pictures by mike54 - Photobucket

https://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #296

Here ya go IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

Iggy
Some pics for IGGY from FROG Goshen.

From Saturday as a few folks had arrived and the first known picture of BOB BYRNE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	18143   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	18144   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	18145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	18146   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	18147  

Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #297

More pictures

More pics for IGGY...

The Community Center where we had all of our meals.

Our Mascot from Branson 2011 Carson in fis FROG raincoat.

Forest Rivers AMY.....Just for the IT guys that helped us so much.

A very creative FROG cap

George and Peggy from Branson
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0232.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	18154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	18155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	18156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0243.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	18157   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	18158  

Old 08-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #298

Still more pics

For IGGY

The rest of the FROG BRANSON crew that made it to FROG Goshen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0247.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	18159   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0248.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	18160   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	18161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	18162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	18163  

Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #299

Still more pics

Pics for IGGY...

A "WOW" Dinner.....from Pete Liegl...Forest River founder

A "WOW" magician.

MAC THE FIRE GUY seminar
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0261.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	18164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	18165   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	18166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	18167   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0322.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	18168  

Old 08-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #300

Still more pics

For IGGY.....

A unique rig leaving the campground.

Tour pics from Berkshire.Charleston plants and from Dynamax.

Thanks to all who made the tours happen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	18169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	18170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0359.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	18171   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	18172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0370.jpg
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	18173