Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #321

We also needed repairs to our unit that our dealer would not fix. We had 5 items that needed to be repaired before our warranty ran out at the end of
August. We left our trailer (2011 Sierra) with them for a week before we left for Goshen and only one item was fixed (a leaky faucet in the storage compartment) Our major problem (our air conditioner) was not fixed but instead got an excuse that the unit is to big and we need a secondary air conditioner. We happened to look at the new Sierra located at the rally and told the saleman about our problems. He immediately called the plant supervisor on his cell phone. He took our name & number and sent someone to check on the problem. On Friday we took the trailer to the plant and they fixed some of the problems, the biggest one being a complete new shower. The old one was not the proper one. Because we were short on time, they told us to come back next year and they would give us a second air conditioner (free) to fix the definate problem with our a.c. that the dealer said we did not have. Also they said they would fix the butcher job done by our dealer when they fixed our holding tank. I am both amazed and grateful for the service done by Forest River. I am also happy to be a FROG.
swansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #322

Well we made it home in good time with the fastest time ever through the border (about 3 minutes). We had a great time at the rally and were impressed by absolutley every thing about the rally. Bob and Cindy, Peter Liegl, the volunteers, the food, the entertainment, the Forest River techs, the vendors all the new people and old friends we met and who we will probably remember forever, all the work done at what must have been an enormous cost to Forest River and just everything about the rally. A first class event by first class people. It makes us proud to say we are FROGS. Thanks to everyone for everything, travel safe, talk up what a great company Forest River is and hopefully we will see you next year in Goshen. Old Guys
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #323

What everybody has said X 2 !!! Where do we sign up for next year? It's already on the calendar just a week earlier...

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #324

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
The mutha of all rallies !!!!!

Well, we made it back after four days to Jacksonville,FL after a great rally. The rally was a 10+. All the great food, great people from all walks of life. I have been many places and met many people in my life, but this rally takes the cake.
It was like one big family reunion. Your next door neighbor, where they were from Canada or Kentucky or Texas was new friends but like you had known the people for a long time.

I take my hat off and salute Bob & Cindy for the excellent job they did putting it all together. My congrats to those that assisted Bob and Cindy to make their job a little easier--to you many, BRAVO-ZULU as we say in the Navy "JOB WELL DONE".

To those technicians from many different divisions of Forest River that worked every day, starting around 7:30 AM & still on the job at 4 PM fixing, repairing, replacing many different aspects of the many RV present. For my Rockwood 8285WS, I got a new kitchen counter top, new microwave, new screen for kitchen window, new hitch hook up lights (2). The techs were fantastic. What work ethics.

To those that did not make it to the rally for some HOKEY excuse, you have no idea what you missed. By the way, there was about 237 RV units
at the rally. The county fair grounds where the rally was held was just about 99.8% full. But I understand the fair grounds has just recently purchased an additional 250 acres for more RV's next year, we will be looking for those that missed this rally and I know for sure the ones that attended this "FIRST FACTORY SPONSORED FROG RALLY" will be at the next rally for We will be there for sure.

SEE YOU THERE !
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #325

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
What everybody has said X 2 !!! Where do we sign up for next year? It's already on the calendar just a week earlier...

Bill
If I'm not mistaken, Bob said the info for the next Goshen Rally will be made public after the Tuscon and 3 stop Western Rally is finished. The way Bob and Cindy run these things, I don't blame them for waiting till 2011 is finished. Those two don't miss a thing.

The 2012 Goshen Rally will be knocking on our check books before we know it. I handed a pile of FROG brochures to my RV dealer in E Lansing this morning. They said they'd pass them out with all Forest River products.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #326
Director, FROG

The next Goshen Rally will be the first week of August, 2013. We'll probably start it a day earlier, on Sunday, but that's not yet been determined. (We'd love to do it earlier, but the entire month of July is pretty much booked with the Elkhart County Fair and preparations and teardown from it.)

More information will be coming sometime after the Dealer Expo, Tuscon Regional Rally, and Vegas / Canyon / Balloon trip are over.

And, to the lady who asked (you know who you are ), it is really going to happen.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Bob said the info for the next Goshen Rally will be made public after the Tuscon and 3 stop Western Rally is finished. The way Bob and Cindy run these things, I don't blame them for waiting till 2011 is finished. Those two don't miss a thing.

The 2012 Goshen Rally will be knocking on our check books before we know it. I handed a pile of FROG brochures to my RV dealer in E Lansing this morning. They said they'd pass them out with all Forest River products.
WOW!! what day is this? where am I??? what year are we in?? Old people say the darnest things. 2011/2012 my-o-my LOL

Let's try 2013..that fits better with my above statement..Geeeezzzz see ya all there!!

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 08-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #328

Rally was awesome great time at our first rally
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G.
The next Goshen Rally will be the first week of August, 2013. We'll probably start it a day earlier, on Sunday, but that's not yet been determined. (We'd love to do it earlier, but the entire month of July is pretty much booked with the Elkhart County Fair and preparations and teardown from it.)

More information will be coming sometime after the Dealer Expo, Tuscon Regional Rally, and Vegas / Canyon / Balloon trip are over.

And, to the lady who asked (you know who you are ), it is really going to happen.
Bob,

Lori and I can't thank you, Cindy and the Forest River team enough for the absolutely wonderful time we had at the Rally. Every aspect of the event exceeded our expectations - everything!

We look forward to seeing our new friends again at the 2013 Rally and meeting even more that we didn't have a chance to meet this year. As soon as you give the word our check will be in the mail. Hopefully we'll be able to reserve the same site. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist.

Thanks again. Until 2013 ...

Best regards,
Dave and Lori
david-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post

I know who you are!!!
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #331

We finally returned home today. After the FROG rally we headed northeast and spent a week in the Niagara Falls area. While we were visiting the Aquarium of Niagara, Forest Jump got into a heap of trouble as he tried to release a fellow amphibian (turtle) from a cage. I had to explain to the guards that Forest Jump was young and impetuous and meant no harm before they released him back to our guardianship.

Here's a pic of Forest Jump before the guards got to him.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
We finally returned home today. After the FROG rally we headed northeast and spent a week in the Niagara Falls area. While we were visiting the Aquarium of Niagara, Forest Jump got into a heap of trouble as he tried to release a fellow amphibian (turtle) from a cage. I had to explain to the guards that Forest Jump was young and impetuous and meant no harm before they released him back to our guardianship.

Here's a pic of Forest Jump before the guards got to him.

Was this a International situation,were the (CMP,or FBI) involved? Was he drunk or on drugs? I think Frog has a treatment program. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #333

Nice picture Bob and Joice. Don't forget to add it to the contest page. Here's the URL

Forest Jump Photo Contest

Glad to see you had a good trip and returned home safely. We sure enjoyed our visit with you guys while in Goshen.
Be sure to keep in touch.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #334

Forest jump fidy

Forest Jump Fidy has been a traveling fool. Pics from the RV HALL of FAME, maybe I should not tell everywhere he has been.......but he has been to Michigan, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia so far.....and a long way to go before getting back home to Oklahoma.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #335

Forest Jump at the Acquarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Was this a International situation,were the (CMP,or FBI) involved? Was he drunk or on drugs? I think Frog has a treatment program. Youroo!!
Of course our little Forest Jump was NOT on drugs or drunk. As Oakman said, he is just young and impetuous.

Joyce
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #336
ARLO

Goshen

We came upon the rally by coincidence. Had heard about it but didn't plan on attending as we were on another trip around the Great Lakes. As luck would have it, we ended up in Goshen at the same time as the club. Part of our plan was to take a tour of the Flagstaff/Rockwood plant in Middlebury, and what a great tour it was. During the tour, we also met several couples who were attending the rally. If there are no conflicts, we are going to try to attend next year....
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #337
Director, FROG

For those of you who attended the FROG International Rally, there are some memories for you on a YouTube video. Unfortunately, I've been unable to load it directly to the FRF, possibly because of bandwidth limits. (The audio plays, but not the video.).

For those unable to attend, it's a taste of what you missed and what might be in store for you next time.

Props to the amazing Forest River Media team of Amy, Ryan, and Chris who put this together. Enjoy!

To view the video, go to www.youtube.com

Copy and past into the YouTube search window: FROG International Rally

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #338

Nice video

this the direct link

2012 Forest River International FROG Rally - YouTube

https://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #339
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Thanks, Mike! I don't know what I was doing wrong. Whenever I tried a direct link, I got the video embedded in the post, but could only get the audio portion to play. Your setup is much better.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #340

Thanks Bob, just rub it in for me that we could not make it! All kidding aside, looks like everyone had a good time. Hats off to you and Cindy for putting on such a successful rally! Hope we can make the next one.
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote