Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesm View Post
I wonder if my 2011 Rockwood would survive the trip?
Sure it would, send it ahead on a freight train

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #42

Question Current Tally

Hello FROG members and admin. A few of us Rpod folks are just now finding these rallies and several are interested.

Is there a running Tally of how many are already confirmed attendings and how many spaces are left for those still interested?

Just trying to get some numbers together so that I might pass it along to other Rpodders on some other forums and spread the word about these events!

Wife and I are excited to hopefully come to this one and the Washington DC rally!
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #43
Director, FROG

kymooses, no problem with getting into the rally, and at least at this point still getting full hookups. We've gotten a pretty good stack of registrations so far, but it's still early.

You can get more information and download the registration forms for both the 2012 International Rally and the Washington, DC Cherry Blossom Festival on the new FROG website, www.forestriverfrog.com. Please help spread the word to your r•pod friends and other Forest River owners.

We're currently working on a trip in the southwestern US for next year, and exploring sites for a west coast rally.

There's a major mailing in the works to get in touch with folks who might not yet have discovered these forums or the website, and expect a flood of registrations once that gets out.

We're looking forward to a LOT of fun.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Nigel & Bev, my apology for not realizing until too late that Branson had truly been international. I've since spoken to a couple of Canadian members who have gotten me up to speed.

We're about to announce something scheduled for the east coast of the U.S., and are currently working on something for the west coast and, yes, something in your beautiful country as well. (We drove through the Canadian Rockies from Canmore to Jasper and back on a trip to Alaska about four years ago, and seldom have we seen such spectacular scenery.)

I'm sorry if I soured your grapes, and hope they become sweeter. If you let them ferment, and have them in a glass alongside some cheese and crackers, they might taste a little better.
Glad to hear you're considering a rally in California. It is over 1,900 miles one way to Elkhart so I will pass for 2012 in hopes one will appear in California in coming years.

Nigel and Bev
Yes you are right we did have the 1st International FROG Rally in Branson but now Forest River is jumping in and it is their 1st. So it starts all over.
Anyway hope you two are having a great time and hope to catch you again.

KING FROG #1
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Glad to hear you're considering a rally in California. It is over 1,900 miles one way to Elkhart so I will pass for 2012 in hopes one will appear in California in coming years.

KING FROG #1
I'm waiting for one in California too! Got a couple of SoCal campgrounds in mind as suggestions when you are ready. Have to admit that NoCal is real nice too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 AM   #46

John, (Iggy), they are definately talking about a West Coast Rally in 2012, Since we will be based in BC from April 2012 that would suit us much better, Elkart works out at at 5000m round trip, too far for us.

It will be great to see you guys again, so I can return the wrench I stole from you . On our 34000km 2011 trip (yes 34000km more than half of this was hauling the 5er) we saw much of WA, OR and NoCal, awsome, states, a rally anywhere there would be Ace!

Cheers

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
John, (Iggy), they are definately talking about a West Coast Rally in 2012, Since we will be based in BC from April 2012 that would suit us much better, Elkart works out at at 5000m round trip, too far for us.

It will be great to see you guys again, so I can return the wrench I stole from you . On our 34000km 2011 trip (yes 34000km more than half of this was hauling the 5er) we saw much of WA, OR and NoCal, awsome, states, a rally anywhere there would be Ace!

Cheers

Nice you remebered the wrench. I figured you needed more than I did at the time. Have a great holiday season and if you ever want to warm up in the winter come to Arizona. Today it will be about 79 degrees here in Phoenix. This is the time to visit.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #48

Terier
Have you ever been to Arizona camping?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #49
Director, FROG

Iggy, it was 27 degrees here in northern Indiana this morning, and not going to be a heck of a lot warmer this afternoon. You're starting to make Arizona sound pretty good for a rally location.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Just wait until rally time next August when it will be 95° in the shade.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #51
Director, FROG

No problem! I'll just stay out of the shade.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #52
Director, FROG

I had a question this morning from Kymooses about the Goshen Rally agenda. We'll be posting more specific information on the FROG website as a few more items become final, but I thought some others might be interested. Here's what I sent to Travis (Kymooses)
====================

We've completed the schedule for a lot of the rally, but there's still some up in the air. We'll post more specifics on the website, but here are some of the major items:

Camping is included MTuWTh. Additional nights are available before and after the Rally at $22 per night. We have the campground available on Sunday night for early arrivals and on Friday night for late departures. You can come even earlier and stay later, but you might have to stay in a different area just outside the gate, but with full hookups until Sunday.

Breakfast will be served on TuWThF mornings -- three full hot breakfasts, and something a little lighter on Friday for folks who want to get on the road early, if I recall right.

Buffet dinners are included on MTuTh, with dinner on your own on Wed. Entertainment will be a magician after dinner on Mon.; a "clean" and (I think) hilarious comedian after dinner on Tu; and a band on Th.

On Wednesday we're leaving the schedule open to explore the area on your own. There will be some optional tours available at extra cost. I'm pretty sure that they're: (1) South Bend, Notre Dame, Studebaker Museum, Oliver Mansion (you won't believe this place) and lunch at the Tippecanoe Mansion; (2) Grist Mill and Garden tour, riverboat cruise, lunch, Amish barn tour; (3) Amish backroads tour, Amish shops, lunch at Amish home. (Don't quote me on the details, Cindy is working these out with the Convention & Visitors Bureau.)

Factory tours are probably on Tuesday, technical seminars on Tuesday or Thursday, Amish bake sale in there somewhere, swap meet, games, and more.

Hope this helps, and we'll look forward to seeing you there!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #53

Thanks FROG!
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #54

Bob.........Is there still an RV History Museum in the area up there too that would be available to see while we are there?

BOB
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #55
Director, FROG

Bob, the RV/MH Hall of Fame and Museum is in Elkhart. Depending on which plants we visit, it might be possible to work that in. Otherwise, it's about a 30-minute drive from the fairgrounds in Goshen.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #56

This sounds like so much fun, but have to wait and see how many mom's will be due to have babies in August! The life of a student midwife.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Terier
Have you ever been to Arizona camping?
I've have not gotten too far out of the neighborhood yet because until recently I was borrowing my sister's Yukon to tow with. Now I have scheduling issues with family taking care of dad while I'm gone. Hopefully plan C will work better and I can take that trip to Arizona & Grand Canyon as I would like.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #58
Director, FROG

Heads up for those of you in the Southwestern U.S. (or thinking about going there):

Go to the thread "2012 Tucson Regional Rally" for the latest information on something coming up in the Southwestern U.S. next year. (Gee, from that title, you'll never guess what it might be.)

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Just wait until rally time next August when it will be 95° in the shade.

You talking about Arizona? 95°in the shade?
That would be the low for the day at 4AM in the morning.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #60
Wanna Be Camper

WooHoo,

Sent in our registration today for Goshen. Sure looking forward to seeing all the FROGs show up. Gonna be a decent haul 2200km one way but that is the fun of it all, then off to Barrie Ontario after. I am trying to justify a detour to Indy to see the Moto GP bikes but who knows.

Thanks again Bob..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote