Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #81

Goshen

Well my wife and i +the dog are thinking about making the trip 1000 miles each way lots of gas but sounds like a lot of fun.We will make a decision in the next couple of weeks.
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #82

Are there still full hook up spots left? We may plan on coming, Having a chance to talk with other owners and going to the factory sounds like a good time.
thewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #83
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewren View Post
Are there still full hook up spots left? We may plan on coming, Having a chance to talk with other owners and going to the factory sounds like a good time.
I believe that there are still full hookup spots left. I've been on the road for about two weeks, and am currently in Tampa for the Florida RV Super Show, so I haven't been able to check on Rally registrations. I do know how many FROG registrations we've had in the past ten days since we did the mailing, and those numbers have been excellent.

Don't forget that there's great food and entertainment included in the package as well.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #84

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I believe that there are still full hookup spots left. I've been on the road for about two weeks, and am currently in Tampa for the Florida RV Super Show, so I haven't been able to check on Rally registrations. I do know how many FROG registrations we've had in the past ten days since we did the mailing, and those numbers have been excellen
Hey Bob, the check is in the mail.
Please keep in mind that we have a 41 foot Cedar Creek and a big long f-250 that requires a foot ball field to turn around in and park..
Also... We have some friends from Northern IN. that got your invite and they leave their 5th wheel here in AZ and don't pull it. They said they won't go because of that reason. I said I would ask because they would like to come.. Do they have any rental units available that will be on the grounds? I know some parks have cabins, but being on the fair grounds I didn't think so. But I'm asking anyway so I can give them an answer.
If you put Bobfidy and us next to each other we'll try to behave ourselves, but I can't be to sure about BOBFIDY.
See you at the Rally Bob, it'll be nice to finally meet you.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #85
Director, FROG

Unfortunately, there aren't any rental units available on the fairgrounds in Goshen, so it looks like your buddy might have to look into other options.

As for needing an entire football field to turn that rig around, don't feel to bad. It took Bama and LSU almost eight quarters to even find the end zone on a football field, and those were clearly marked and everybody was looking for them.

Finally, we can look at putting you and Bobfidy together. You seem like a pretty good risk to behave yourself. I've spoken several times with Bob, however, and it sounds as if he'll bear some watching.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #86

Well.....It looks like my reputation is preceding me.

Not sure if I am a Good example of a bad example?.....Or a Bad example of a good example?

Guess I'll have to be on my BEST behavior at Elkhart.

Before anything happens we have to get the front slide replaced because of the delamination issues that we have been dealing with since August. Bob.....Does anyone know of someone in the Salem group that might help?
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #87

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post

As for needing an entire football field to turn that rig around,
I don't have a problem turning the whole thing around, it's that long wheel base F-250 that requires 4 traffic lanes to make a u turn in..
Not sure about what kind of example BOBFIDY sets, but when your 7.5 feet tall, everyone is watching... Be cool big Bob..
For you that don't know BOBFIDY, He's really a nice guy watched over by a nice Wife, As you can see he's got a fun sense of humor..

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 01-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #88

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Before anything happens we have to get the front slide replaced because of the delamination issues that we have been dealing with since August. Bob.....Does anyone know of someone in the Salem group that might help?
Big Bob, hows that coming? I thought it was all taken care of by now. Hope it gets fixed up soon. Maybe a new Cedar Creek will be in your future.
(oh boy am I in trouble now..) Later..

Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
Big Bob, hows that coming? I thought it was all taken care of by now. Hope it gets fixed up soon. Maybe a new Cedar Creek will be in your future.
(oh boy am I in trouble now..) Later..
George.....an update.....Got a call this morning that the wall HAS been installed on the slide and now they are waiting for a couple other issues to be resolved.We'll get to go see their work on Monday.

Thank you very much Forest River, Salem, and Daves Claremore RV'S.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #90

Smile

Quote:
George.....an update.....Got a call this morning that the wall HAS been installed on the slide and now they are waiting for a couple other issues to be resolved.We'll get to go see their work on Monday.

Thank you very much Forest River, Salem, and Daves Claremore RV'S.
Great!! Glad to hear it.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #91

i'm wondering how many of you with tent trailers will be coming. my husband and i would love to come but don't want to look like a fish out of water with our tent trailer.
lula1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #92
Moderator Emeritus

An RV is an RV in my opinion. I have had a tent trailer, as probably many of the members here, so IMHO that should not be a deterrent.

BTW, welcome to the forum !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #93

We are new members of this forum but where members of the Rockwood forum. We just sent in our registration from the mailing and are looking forward to meeting new friends. Will we be informed of our hook ups before we head to the rally?
Steve Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #94

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula1948 View Post
i'm wondering how many of you with tent trailers will be coming. my husband and i would love to come but don't want to look like a fish out of water with our tent trailer.
Most of us have had tents, tent trailers and we even had an A frame camper. Come on and join us in what ever you use to camp in. The more the merrier. And Welcome!!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #95

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lange View Post
We are new members of this forum but where members of the Rockwood forum. We just sent in our registration from the mailing and are looking forward to meeting new friends. Will we be informed of our hook ups before we head to the rally?
Welcome to the forum. Not sure we will know what spot we will be in, but you can be assured we will be met at the gate/driveway,entrance and be directed to our spot. Looking forward to meeting you.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #96

Quote:
Welcome to the forum. Not sure we will know what spot we will be in, but you can be assured we will be met at the gate/driveway,entrance and be directed to our spot. Looking forward to meeting you.
And for Nigel.....We will be keeping track of FORD vs. CHEBBY vs DODGEM's.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #97

Talking

Quote:
And for Nigel.....We will be keeping track of FORD vs. CHEBBY vs DODGEM's.
I have a toe-rope for the Chebbys and the Dodgem's..

ALL is welcome...

Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #98

Quote:

Thanks but not really concerned about being guided in. I'm actually wondering if our confirmation will tell us whether we have full hookup or electric/water. That would be helpful when packing.

Steve and Jeannie Lange
Erlanger, Kentucky ( Northern Ky )
2010 Rockwood 8314BSS
2007 F250 4x4 Crew Cab 5.4
2010-8 trips/27 nights 2011-13 trips/35 nights
Steve Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #99

Smile

Ok Steve, I see..We'll let FROG Bob answer your question.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #100

We are gonna try and make it
any idea about how long we should wait to reserve and still have full hook up available
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote