Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #121
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Do you know if there are any GOOD dog boarding kennels in the area... just in case we need to board our pups for a day?

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #122

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Good Idea Camp Queen

Good suggestion about boarding the PUPS for the day, would be nice!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #123

that sounds like another great camper, thinking of the "kids" while gone for the day. I also would be interested in boarding our "baby" while on tour of the Amish country.
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #124

Kountryside Kennel (574) 875-6015 Premier boarding kennels. Boarding and training kennel. Located in Northern Indiana, Elkhart County. Convient to Elkhart and Goshen. Kountryside Kennel is also known for top quality AKC Labrador Retrievers. Breeding

574-875-6015
24286 County Road 36
Goshen, IN 46526

I found this one and have emailed them to see if maybe rally goers might get a discount. All we can do is ask can't get turned down or approved if we don't ask
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #125
Director, FROG

As of about a week and a half ago we have 110 paid registrations. We're trying to get some more FHU sites, depending on how many the Caterpillar group needs (they'll have a smaller group there on their way to FMCA).

We're not planning on a SOB section, since this event is intended as a "homecoming" for Forest River (and subsidiaries) owners.

Right now our plan is to mix various types of units, especially among those who signed up earliest for the FHU sites. If you have a group of owners that want to be together -- I've heard from a few R-pod owners, for example -- we'll try to accomodate.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #126
Wanna Be Camper

Thanks Bob.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #127
Director, FROG

Good suggestion on the idea of a kennel available for "furkids." Deb Bahr sent an e-mail to Kountryside Kennels last night and was thoughtful enough to send me a copy. I'm not sure just where they're located on County Road 36, but CR 36 runs parallel to CR 34, where the fairground is located, only about a mile or so away.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #128
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Bob, is this REALLY going to happen? We sent our check way back in January 2012... I have sent several emails to you and I have gotten NO RESPONSE!! Are we out the $340.00 bucks we sent? Please advise.

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #129
Director, FROG

Paula, I assure you that this is happening. We've been focusing on the upcoming trip to the Cherry Blossom Festival for next week, as well as making arrangements for trips to Branson and Wisconsin Dells and others, and have not yet gotten all of the confirmations out on the Rally registrations.

I just sent you replies to your two e-mails, and will give you a call on Monday.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #130
itch'n to road trip

THANKS BOB! Was really starting to worry!! whew!!! WE HAVE SAVED OUR PENNIES FOR THIS TRIP. And now we have to save for the explosive gas prices! See you in August!

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #131
itch'n to road trip

Okay...back to our fur babies.....some of the kennels in the area are limited to space and times to pickup. Really looking for a "doggie day care" facility.

Are there any "pet sitter's that may come to the rally area and let our babies out for a walk? I am SURE there are other people going to be at the rally that may need to have there doggies walked. We need to do our homework on this one. All comment, ideas, thought are welcome!

2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Jasper Ga.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #132

I have finally been able to put the check for the rally in the mail today. We had been putting it off because we were looking for a new trailer in earnest and we weren’t sure it would be a Forest River product. Since we now have a Silverback 29RL on order we are sending a check for the rally at the Elkhart Fairground.

I’m looking forward to meeting new FROGS and seeing the FROGS from last year’s Branson rally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #133

Bob,

Shirley and I have discuused you and Joyce several times and stated we would love to see you two again this year. Glad to see you are going and look forward to seeing you there.

Don
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #134

Don,

We too are looking forward to seeing you and Shirley. I don’t know how many from the Branson group will be at the rally this year but I think at least five rigs from that gathering will be there. Joyce and I are really looking forward to it. I might try to talk my son-in-law into brewing up some of his special homebrew beer to bring along.

Bob

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #135

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Don,

We too are looking forward to seeing you and Shirley. I don’t know how many from the Branson group will be at the rally this year but I think at least five rigs from that gathering will be there. Joyce and I are really looking forward to it. I might try to talk my son-in-law into brewing up some of his special homebrew beer to bring along.

Bob
We'll be there, looking forward to seeing you all again.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
We'll be there, looking forward to seeing you all again.
Oh yeah, we're looking forward to seeing you and Peggy too. I'm guessing that since Joyce and I were so late getting our registration in that we won't be next door neighbors like we were in Branson.

Bob

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #137

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Oh yeah, we're looking forward to seeing you and Peggy too. I'm guessing that since Joyce and I were so late getting our registration in that we won't be next door neighbors like we were in Branson.

Bob
FROG Bob said he'd try to get us BRANSON guys in one area. That would be nice. Big Bob included. We'll see..

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #138
Director, FROG

Paula, when I get back from the DC trip I'll check with the fairground manager in Goshen to see if she has any suggestions on facilities for the furkids.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #139
Director, FROG

If we can put last year's Branson folks together, does the area need to be fenced? If so, is it to keep the interlopers out, or to keep the Branson folks under lock and key? Inquiring minds want to know.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
If we can put last year's Branson folks together, does the area need to be fenced? If so, is it to keep the interlopers out, or to keep the Branson folks under lock and key? Inquiring minds want to know.
Don’t worry Bob, the Branson group was very friendly and docile. At least I thought so, but it was obvious the Monaco Motorcoach group that had a rally at the RV park also didn’t want anything to do with us. There’s absolutely no need for fencing, FROGS will just jump over the fence anyway.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788