Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #301

Thank you guys for remembering me and our 1st FROG Rally.
Appreciate it.
John
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #302
Director, FROG

Once again, the fairgrounds buzzed with activity on Thursday.

Following another great breakfast, Forest River service techs scurried around making sure that everyone's service issues, and others that the owners might not have even identified, were addressed. For those without sewer sites, a pumpout service was enlisted to come in and pump out holding tanks, courtesy of Forest River as well.

In the meantime FROGs hopped around the area, again visiting local communities here in Amish country, frequented the vendor area, or visited the displays. A little more rain watered the fields and lawns of grateful residents, but did little to dampen the spirits of rally attendees.

A few more seminars provided more great information, including a late addition by Lippert to discuss frames, leveling systems, and much more. Some of the ladies who had purchased shirts and appliques from one of our vendors during the week gathered to learn how to apply the decorations in a hands-on class, and a dedicated group met to spend a few hours with knitting and crocheting needles flying.

Late in the afternoon, ladies from a local Amish bakery arrived to deliver items ordered at the bake sale. The aroma of fresh bread, cinnamon rolls, pies, and much more attested to the quality of those items.

Brian arrived from the FROG Shop a little later to deliver the new FROG gear that many had ordered during the week to commemorate the rally or simply to show off their FROG pride.

And then, much to our surprise, it was time to eat. Nelson's Bar-B-Q again shined with inch-thick pork chops, melt-in-your-mouth beef brisket, corn on the cob, fresh green beans, applesauce, salad, and drinks. Let no one tell you that the FROGs were left to starve at this event.

Much of the work of the rally behind us, it was time to play. We rocked the evening away to the sounds of the Party Boat Band, who entertained the group, with an array of Jimmy Buffett, Beatles, Elvis, and much more. Many folks who you would have thought would be more tired ended up hitting the dance floor, including Cindy and me. Of course, you can't have a great rally without great door prizes, and the selection last night was second to none. What a fun evening and a fitting end to a great week!

Sleep came easily and quickly, in the form of sitting down on the couch and dozing off, which explains why this post is late. This morning there will be smiles, hugs, waves, and hitting the road for our next adventures. Everyone will take along happy memories and new friendships.

But first, we'll eat.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #303

I will defiantly be there next year. I've not done a rally yet, so looking forward to next year.

2017 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 6.7L Cummins 4X4 38k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (10) 2018 (10)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
I will defiantly be there next year. I've not done a rally yet, so looking forward to next year.
X2, hopefully it will be in Goshen next year too so we can take the factory tours.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #305

Good bye,au revoir, adieu, auf wiedersehen and all that kind of stuff to all those frogs who are leaving today. It has been great meeting all of you and being able to put some faces to some of the names we see on forest river forums. Bob and Cindy, Pete (the boss) and all the people from Forest River and their helpers....Thank You.....this has been the best rally ever.Can't wait to meet you again. Old Guys
P.S. Shirley....Carson still loves you...he just has some commitment issues from time to time......Mr. Bob, Nancy and all the 1st Branson crew... I hope we meet again soon. To every one here....Travel safe and happy camping.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #306
Director, FROG

And so it ends. Quietly, just as it began.

On the heels of last night’s grand finale, there were FROGs stirring early this morning. Just as they had arrived, they began rolling out in a trickle at first. Some hit the road near dawn, most hoping to arrive home in one long day, or at least to get an early jump on the trip. A light farewell breakfast attracted more than a few. There were hugs, exchanges of addresses, phone numbers, and e-mails. Many said that it was the best they’d seen. Most said that they were certain to return. Almost all said that, based on the people they’d met; the upbeat, positive atmosphere; and service, professionalism, and courtesy they’d received, they would never buy an RV from anyone but Forest River in the future.

There were farewell hugs all around. Many paused again to say “thank you” as they were greeted in the dining room, or at the curb as they pulled out.

The trickle turned into a light flood as more and more FROGs moved out to head home, or on to their next adventure.

With some help from a few more volunteers, we got cleaned up, packed up, and closed up. There are only two trailers, a fifth wheel, and a pontoon boat left in the display now. The vendors are gone, and the stage is dismantled. Most of the golf carts have been picked up.

There are about twenty-five units left. Tonight, if the wind dies down a little, many of us will gather for a campfire. If not, we’ll just gather.

It’s been a very good week. We’re tired, but it’s a good tired.

Let’s do it again next year.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #307
MrT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Thank you guys for remembering me and our 1st FROG Rally.
Appreciate it.
John
Iggy--we saw you immortalized in slideware at the evening events. Thanks for being the guy that is credited with getting the ball rolling. This year's event was a blast--and Cathy & I truly hope to meet you down the road!

Everyone--we accomplished the arduous 99-mile trip back home to Michigan this afternoon. So much fun to meet all of you, and I hope the new friendships made will endure.

Best to all,

Dick & Cathy

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012-2017
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #308

Kudos to Bob and Cindy for their work in organizing this year’s rally. Bob really hit home runs with the entertainment he had lined up for the rally. You set a high standard for yourself for next year’s rally Bob. Cindy and Bob seemed to be everywhere during the rally and I’m not convinced that they didn’t clone themselves somehow and had three other Cindy and Bob’s running around. Thanks again for the hard work you two…or six.

Kudos to Forest River for the work they did on rigs at the rally. It’s obvious that Peter Liegl is committed to quality and customer service. I’m betting the rally dug deep into the corporate pockets and busted budget for this quarter.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #309
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Kudos to Bob and Cindy for their work in organizing this year’s rally. Bob really hit home runs with the entertainment he had lined up for the rally. You set a high standard for yourself for next year’s rally Bob. Cindy and Bob seemed to be everywhere during the rally and I’m not convinced that they didn’t clone themselves somehow and had three other Cindy and Bob’s running around. Thanks again for the hard work you two…or six.

Kudos to Forest River for the work they did on rigs at the rally. It’s obvious that Peter Liegl is committed to quality and customer service. I’m betting the rally dug deep into the corporate pockets and busted budget for this quarter.
I will echo Oakman's statement, Bob and Cindy as well as all of FR went way beyond what I am sure anyone expected to give us a rally that I am sure will go in the history books of setting a standard that no other RV manufacturer will ever be able to match. If Pete wanted a WOW event well Bob and Cindy for sure made that happen.

Thanks again firstly to Pete Liegl for the foresight to envision something like this and hire people like Bob and Cindy. And just as important, Bob and Cindy for putting it together and making it happen.

We have put next years rally at the very top of 2013's list and are looking forward to meeting more of the fine FR owners and Pete's staff.

Here's to all the fine people who helped make this a rally of WOW proportions.

We managed to get to our destination North of Toronto at abt 720 last night despite a 3 hr late start due to a certian individual (me) locking his keys in the truck thursday night. Toronto was real fun at 630 on a Friday night with everyone try to get out to cottage country.

Iggy,

You have no idea how big that one statement of yours has grown.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #310
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The Sasks,could you please count the number of V-Nose units at the Rally and post the number? Thank you. Youroo!!
Got to this a little late but here goes.

5 V-Lites no 2 the same
2 Windjammers
1 V-Cross

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Got to this a little late but here goes.

5 V-Lites no 2 the same
2 Windjammers
1 V-Cross
Whoa, I'm impressed, considering the size of the fairgrounds and the number of rigs, you sure got your exercise taking that tally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #312

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that was some great RALLY.
Thank you Bob and Cindy for all the fantastic work you put into it to make it the great success that it was. Thank you Pete for having Bob and Cindy on your staff. Thanks to the men volunteers that guided all the rigs to their spots. Thank you women volunteers that checked in all those rigs. Thank you drivers that came and picked up people and dropped them again.
Thank you FOREST RIVER for the awesome service to the many rigs that was done.
Just a few rigs left here at the fair grounds. We have to take ours to the factory on Monday for more repairs. (Some that we didn't even know needed repairs).
Just the price of the repairs done already would have been the camping budget for the next 2 or 3 years.
THANK YOU to everyone for doing all that was done to make it a great rally.
See everyone next year
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #313

Bob, Cindy, Pete Liegl, the volunteers, the forest river techs, the vendors,nelson catering, the crew at the fairgrounds,
Thanks for the great week at the FROG rally, the food was good the entertainment was good, the service fixing problems we had with our Rockwood was beyond was I expected. I will be going to other rally and Forest River RV's will be top on our list if we decide in a few years to buy a fifth wheel.

https://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #314

This is the first FROG rally that Gale and I have attended. It was the most memorial event that we will remember. The organization by Bob and Cindy was outstanding; excellent food, wonderful entertainment, great vendors and seminars. The Rolling River tour was wonderful. We were so busy all week from morning to night that we did not realize that it was time to go home

We have already marked our calendar for the next rally. Bob when can we start making our reservation?

We are also so excited with the FROG events that we are joining Bob and Cindy on the Ballon Fesita in October.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #315

I am sorry that I forgot to thank Pete Liegl and the entire Forest River staff for the services offer to all attendees. Their eagerness to correct our problems and answer our questions will be remembered forever. We will forever hold Forest River in high esteem.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #316

Wish we could have been there, we were actually in the area the week before but that nasty 4 letter word ( work) got in the way again but I hope by this time next year I will have started my retirement so we can plan on being there.
We did get to tour the Cedar Creek plant while we were there and were very impressed and if the folks at the plant were like the techs that came to the rally you all made out real well. Anyway waiting on the info for next year so we can start planning!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #317
Moderator Emeritus

After a short jaunt Friday to do some barn yard camping at my sister-in-laws in Ohio, and 465 miles yesterday through 5 states, I am finally able to get back on the forum.

Fantastic rally !!! I didn’t know what to expect, but could not have asked for a better time. I had to talk the missus into the trip this year, but she is already planning on next year.

Our thanks go out to:

The founder, Iggy.

Bob and Cindy Byrne. Bob might head up F.R.O.G., but I don’t think he could have done it without Cindy…..they are a great team.

Likewise to the volunteers. There was a tremendous amount of work done by them to keep the rally moving along smoothly.

Pete Leigl for the great dinner, and the Forest River staff and tech guys that did so much work. It was unbelievable what was accomplished on site and in several instances units were taken back to the factory for repairs.

All of the vendors and seminar hosts.

It was great meeting many of the people behind the user names. But some of those are quite misleading:

“Old Guys” are not old.

“Nuisance” is far from a nuisance.

That is not “Camping Queen’s” picture in her avatar.

Surprisingly, many people that I met are not here on the forum. I would always try to ask people what their username is on the forum, and many times they did not know about the forum…….they learned about the rally through the F.R.O.G. website.

Hope to see everyone again next year.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #318

I think we are missing someone who Realy started the ball rolling and did a LOT of footwork for the (Elkhart Rally). This member is (Tentcamper)! Iggy,did Branson,Pond Lady,was the first to come up with (FROG),Tentcamper started the Elkhart thread and cotacted F/R people. F/R hired Bob,then F/R FROG started,then F/R FROG site was born. I want to thank Tentcamper also for being the (Father of Elhart Rally)!! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #319
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I want to thank Tentcamper also for being the (Father of Elhart Rally)!! Youroo!!
Agree....I left him off of my previous list.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #320
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
It was great meeting many of the people behind the user names. But some of those are quite misleading:

“Old Guy” is not old.

“Nuisance” is far from a nuisance.

That is not “Camping Queen’s” picture in her avatar.

Thanks for clearing that one up! I have to admit I was wondering....

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote