Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #1071
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 84 View Post
RVers have a reputation as a group of having integrity. While the young lady vender was giving a presentation, probably a seminar, some of her LED lighting merchandise disapped. It may have been picked it up in error. i hope that was the case and returns the merchandise gets returned.
Oh no.....

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #1072
Mod free 5er

What a pleasant surprise I encountered here at the rally. Wasn't really expecting the service/repair here in Goshen to be anything out of the ordinary. Just folks halfway reluctantly having to do a job. BOY was I wrong. I never turned in a sheet as the only problem I had was the bottom trim on the 5er overhang was moving. I stopped a Flagstaff tech named Sam Slaybach and told him of my problem. Now I have dealt with service techs for over 50 yrs and never have I met a more pleasant, courteous tech that really seemed like he wanted to please a customer. Sam came looked at the problem, reported to his supervisor Floyd D. Miller who assured me it would be fixed. We went on the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory tour. When we returned, the problem was fixed. I have never encountered such genuinely pleasant service people. This morning, Sam made a stop at the trailer and ask if we were satisfied with the repair. These people are absolutely fantastic. Big kudo's to the work ethic and attitude of all the Forest River service personnel at the fairgrounds.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #1073
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoot View Post
what a pleasant surprise i encountered here at the rally. Wasn't really expecting the service/repair here in goshen to be anything out of the ordinary. Just folks halfway reluctantly having to do a job. Boy was i wrong. I never turned in a sheet as the only problem i had was the bottom trim on the 5er overhang was moving. I stopped a flagstaff tech named sam slaybach and told him of my problem. Now i have dealt with service techs for over 50 yrs and never have i met a more pleasant, courteous tech that really seemed like he wanted to please a customer. Sam came looked at the problem, reported to his supervisor floyd d. Miller who assured me it would be fixed. We went on the flagstaff/rockwood factory tour. When we returned, the problem was fixed. I have never encountered such genuinely pleasant service people. This morning, sam made a stop at the trailer and ask if we were satisfied with the repair. These people are absolutely fantastic. Big kudo's to the work ethic and attitude of all the forest river service personnel at the fairgrounds.
excellent people for sure!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #1074

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
What a pleasant surprise I encountered here at the rally. Wasn't really expecting the service/repair here in Goshen to be anything out of the ordinary. Just folks halfway reluctantly having to do a job. BOY was I wrong. I never turned in a sheet as the only problem I had was the bottom trim on the 5er overhang was moving. I stopped a Flagstaff tech named Sam Slaybach and told him of my problem. Now I have dealt with service techs for over 50 yrs and never have I met a more pleasant, courteous tech that really seemed like he wanted to please a customer. Sam came looked at the problem, reported to his supervisor Floyd D. Miller who assured me it would be fixed. We went on the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory tour. When we returned, the problem was fixed. I have never encountered such genuinely pleasant service people. This morning, Sam made a stop at the trailer and ask if we were satisfied with the repair. These people are absolutely fantastic. Big kudo's to the work ethic and attitude of all the Forest River service personnel at the fairgrounds.
My sentiments as well. Excellent representation of superior customer service.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #1075
Ham Radio since 1970

Agree 100%. Three gentlemen from Cedar Creek were here this morning. Very nice and polite and even fixed a couple of things we had not noticed. Can't say enough nice things about Forest River.
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #1076
Forest River Accessories

Hope everyone is enjoying their time here at the rally. Just wanted to put a quick reminder up for anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new Serta or Trump Mattress or any of the Lay-Z-Boy furniture, that we strongly encourage you to place your order today so that our install team can get you taken care before the end of the rally tomorrow. We have several installs booked already but want to make sure we don't miss anyone that is thinking about upgrading. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the booth and talk to Justin or John. Thanks all and joy your last few days here at the rally!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #1077
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAcessories View Post
Hope everyone is enjoying their time here at the rally. Just wanted to put a quick reminder up for anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new Serta or Trump Mattress or any of the Lay-Z-Boy furniture, that we strongly encourage you to place your order today so that our install team can get you taken care before the end of the rally tomorrow. We have several installs booked already but want to make sure we don't miss anyone that is thinking about upgrading. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the booth and talk to Justin or John. Thanks all and joy your last few days here at the rally!
I have a few suggestions for the next rally that I think would be of benefit.

Imo if you had actual rv accessories.
Drainage hoses. "Needed one"
Drain hose couplers. "needed one"
Water regulator. "Looking to get one"
Leveling blocks
Stabilizer pads

Little must haves or must needs

Just an fyi.

Turbs
Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #1078
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAcessories View Post
Do they sell pillows too?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #1079
Forest River Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I have a few suggestions for the next rally that I think would be of benefit.

Imo if you had actual rv accessories.
Drainage hoses. "Needed one"
Drain hose couplers. "needed one"
Water regulator. "Looking to get one"
Leveling blocks
Stabilizer pads

Little must haves or must needs

Just an fyi.

Turbs
Agreed, this is my first time here at the rally and after being here for several days, I have some ideas that would have been beneficial after talking to the service techs this morning. "Accessories" as my division name is a bit of a stretch but its what its always been. When I was hired it was to take this division in a slightly different direction. We currently handle apparel for our sales reps and dealers for the most part. Through the end of the year I aim to transition this division to more of a true "accessories" division.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #1080
Forest River Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Do they sell pillows too?
They do not, there is a vendor in here selling pillows, blankets and pillow tops , though I don't know much about him or his product.