Old 08-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #1091

Smile Repairs..

I thanked and thanked again as I shook hands and smiled from ear to ear and watch the tech's smile back. I have this memory of seeing 4 guys under my 5th wheel, two inside and one hanging out of the storage compartment chasing an electrical problem that kept moving from place to place.
We went out to breakfast with some friends this morning and when we came back to our 5er, we looked at the fuse box pulled out, fire place pulled out, wires all over the place and a crew of determined electricians swarming over our Cedar Creek.
I can't remember what they called it but they had a little box that would check every wire for a short, one seemed to be on a wire that could be pulled through the unit and replaced with a new wire, preparation was made for that and then they found something else that shot them in another direction.
I could go on here and tell you all they did but space and and your eyes might get tired of reading. After spending almost 5 hours on this unit and countless plug removal's it was decided after eliminating one thing at a time that the real problem was caused by the serge protector's little red light being lit up, they unplugged that one hiding behind the TV and all problems were gone. They learned that the next time they do this electrical test on an RV unit that all those plugs need to be un-plugged as to not interrupt the circuit.
They left and told me my electrical wiring was perfect.

Thank you Forest River for having such a great crew to represent you and your product. You can be proud of all the employees you had at the fair grounds servicing all the Forest River Units.
What a Great Rally it's been. Tomorrow most of us head home with a pile of new memories of a great week.
Can't forget Frog Bog and Cindy..Thank you guys. See you in Goshen again next year.

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #1092
Jack of All Trades

The Rockwood/Flagstaff Service Techs are the best!!

Noticed last night (Thursday) that my door side scare light was out.

Got up this morning (Friday) and was going to fix it. I found the screws in the lens had been filled with chalk and I could not get them out. Also found the flap on the range vent broken.

I went to the the service registration area to see if I could still get these things fixed, and a Service Tech was at my Windjammer before I could get back. He got everything fixed and and advised me on how to take care of some other things (plastic parts yellowing from UV exposure).

Just a great group of folks!!

We'll be leaving after dinner tonight, so far well to all, and hope to meet up with you next year at the rally.

Rick & Debbie (and, of course, the fur-kids)

ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #1093
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhuser View Post
he got everything fixed and and advised me on how to take care of some other things (plastic parts yellowing from uv exposure).
Do share!!!!!!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #1094
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

While my initial list of service needs was seeming so small to include, I did go for a repair on a hatch door (replaced with new one) and fix a torn seam on a couch cushion (gave me 2 new cushions). Just to be curious, I asked how much a hatch door would be if I wanted to make a mod and put one in the side to move my outside fridge, answer: nothing, they has me one the next morning. After all that, the plant manager from Sierra, had stopped by daily to see if I had any needs. Jumping to end of story, I had new axles, springs, brakes, wheels and tires installed this morning!! And the plant manager called me on my way home to make sure I was doing ok and to make sure I had his cell phone number if I ever needed anything! ABOVE AND BEYOND!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #1095
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
While my initial list of service needs was seeming so small to include, I did go for a repair on a hatch door (replaced with new one) and fix a torn seam on a couch cushion (gave me 2 new cushions). Just to be curious, I asked how much a hatch door would be if I wanted to make a mod and put one in the side to move my outside fridge, answer: nothing, they has me one the next morning. After all that, the plant manager from Sierra, had stopped by daily to see if I had any needs. Jumping to end of story, I had new axles, springs, brakes, wheels and tires installed this morning!! And the plant manager called me on my way home to make sure I was doing ok and to make sure I had his cell phone number if I ever needed anything! ABOVE AND BEYOND!
Way above and beyond! That is superb!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #1096
Moderator Emeritus

Timmy did that duck affect your MPG??
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #1097
Mod free 5er

I heard a rumor that some individual was hiding his rubber ducky on his trailer axle and when the axles were replaced this morning, the rubber ducky was somehow transferred to the new axle. Amazing how obliging these service people are to recognize that the owner would have probably cried if he had lost his rubber ducky.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1098
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Timmy did that duck affect your MPG??
I'm thinking it might have helped it out a bit! lol. For all the Phroggies that weren't on attendance, no less than 40 rubber ducks were placed in and around my camper last night. A mystery for sure! Funniest one was the one tied to my old axles (of which I had no clue). The service techs this morning were a bit shocked when they saw it, but zip tied it back on the new ones! Of course they all asked me about it when I went to pick up the trailer! Too funny!!! I'm told I have not found them all yet. Still looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2128614422.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	37319   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2883365358.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	37320  
Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #1099
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post

I'm thinking it might have helped it out a bit! lol. For all the Phroggies that weren't on attendance, no less than 40 rubber ducks were placed in and around my camper last night. A mystery for sure! Funniest one was the one tied to my old axles (of which I had no clue). The service techs this morning were a bit shocked when they saw it, but zip tied it back on the new ones! Of course they all asked me about it when I went to pick up the trailer! Too funny!!! I'm told I have not found them all yet. Still looking.
Huh.... first I've heard of this.......
Old 08-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #1100
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Huh.... first I've heard of this.......
I know right?!? I did see the one on his new axel though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-834901666.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	37321  

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote