Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #1081

For those who have experienced the repairs and service that Forest River is providing I think it would be appropriate to post about this experience on other RV Forums. I’m talking about forums with memberships that span the entire spectrum of RV manufacturers. No question Forest River has me as a customer for life.

Oh, and don’t forget to put a few bucks in the tip jar that Bob and Cindy have put out to pay for a party for the service personnel, they deserve it.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #1082
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
For those who have experienced the repairs and service that Forest River is providing I think it would be appropriate to post about this experience on other RV Forums. I’m talking about forums with memberships that span the entire spectrum of RV manufacturers. No question Forest River has me as a customer for life.

Oh, and don’t forget to put a few bucks in the tip jar that Bob and Cindy have put out to pay for a party for the service personnel, they deserve it.
I concur!
Posting my experience when I get home.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #1083
Site Team

Glad to read the positive about the techs! Good folks helping campers awsum!
If I was younger I would get into that field. Good job security and plenty of work for techs in the rv industry! And helping some of the best people around..campers! We need them!
I have become friends with the some of the techs at the shop here. (I see soooo much of them)To show them my thanks for all the work they have done and yet to do, I just drop off a case of beer for them when I pick up my unit and made next appointment.
Sounds like a good time for all at the rally. Im gonna have to make it next year forsure!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #1084
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I have a few suggestions for the next rally that I think would be of benefit.

Imo if you had actual rv accessories.
Drainage hoses. "Needed one"
Drain hose couplers. "needed one"
Water regulator. "Looking to get one"
Leveling blocks
Stabilizer pads

Little must haves or must needs

Just an fyi.

Turbs
And maybe led light bulbs and ribbon lights and controllers.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #1085

Quote:
I have a few suggestions for the next rally that I think would be of benefit.

Imo if you had actual rv accessories.
Drainage hoses. "Needed one"
Drain hose couplers. "needed one"
Water regulator. "Looking to get one"
Leveling blocks
Stabilizer pads

Little must haves or must needs

Just an fyi.

Turbs
X2. When we set up we found our selves about 20ft short of reaching the sewer port. Several people came over to help, but we just could get the fittings to work out.

It would have been nice if there was a vendor booth that sold such things.

An interesting side note. In a town with some many RV MFG companies and supppliers, we had to go to Wlamart to find a sewer hose. And while there we found a newbie FROG-er who was desperately looking for a 50 Amp power adapter plug but Walmart was out of those.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #1086

Sabre Service Team

Like others here, I can't say enough about the Sabre Service crew and the rest of the Forest River team.

They came Wed afternoon to review our list, then showed up at 8:00a next morning with a golf cart full of parts as promised.

Example of some of the corrective actions:
  1. They repaired a damaged area in the kitchen floor. They were able to do a colored matched repair that is barely noticable but were ready to replace the entire floor if we wern't satisfied.
  2. The replaced a dinette chair that had a small damaged area on the seat back.
  3. They added additional plastic rivets to the shower which really stiffened up the flimsy shower stall.
  4. They made adjustment a 3 cabinet dooors and 4 drawers that sometimes open while traveling
They even left me wall switch that I needed to complete a lighting mod ...and then... when I asked the if I could "steal" a couple sq drive screws to mount it, the gave me about a 5 lb zip bag of all kinds of misc. hardware.

They even suggested some places to visit while in the area like an awesome bakery call "Rise n Roll"

Just UNBELIEVABLE!

Thanks to Gary Grinsby and the entie Sabre crew.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1087
MI Camperz

Been watching and enjoying the Goshen threads....there are a few.
Seems like everyone had a blast, ate well, had impressive repairs, and enjoyed the factory tours, and great company.
Glad to hear it was so great for all who attended and Kudos to Forest River and Bob/wife! Excellent work!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #1088
Camper Less Camping

Postings sound great about everyone's experience at the Rally...safe trips home this weekend

Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #1089

I hear the band tonight will be performing outside on the stage tonight. Might consider bringing a lawn chair for the entertainment.
pvillebly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #1090
Phat Phrog

Very well said!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #1091

Smile Repairs..

I thanked and thanked again as I shook hands and smiled from ear to ear and watch the tech's smile back. I have this memory of seeing 4 guys under my 5th wheel, two inside and one hanging out of the storage compartment chasing an electrical problem that kept moving from place to place.
We went out to breakfast with some friends this morning and when we came back to our 5er, we looked at the fuse box pulled out, fire place pulled out, wires all over the place and a crew of determined electricians swarming over our Cedar Creek.
I can't remember what they called it but they had a little box that would check every wire for a short, one seemed to be on a wire that could be pulled through the unit and replaced with a new wire, preparation was made for that and then they found something else that shot them in another direction.
I could go on here and tell you all they did but space and and your eyes might get tired of reading. After spending almost 5 hours on this unit and countless plug removal's it was decided after eliminating one thing at a time that the real problem was caused by the serge protector's little red light being lit up, they unplugged that one hiding behind the TV and all problems were gone. They learned that the next time they do this electrical test on an RV unit that all those plugs need to be un-plugged as to not interrupt the circuit.
They left and told me my electrical wiring was perfect.

Thank you Forest River for having such a great crew to represent you and your product. You can be proud of all the employees you had at the fair grounds servicing all the Forest River Units.
What a Great Rally it's been. Tomorrow most of us head home with a pile of new memories of a great week.
Can't forget Frog Bog and Cindy..Thank you guys. See you in Goshen again next year.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #1092
Jack of All Trades

The Rockwood/Flagstaff Service Techs are the best!!

Noticed last night (Thursday) that my door side scare light was out.

Got up this morning (Friday) and was going to fix it. I found the screws in the lens had been filled with chalk and I could not get them out. Also found the flap on the range vent broken.

I went to the the service registration area to see if I could still get these things fixed, and a Service Tech was at my Windjammer before I could get back. He got everything fixed and and advised me on how to take care of some other things (plastic parts yellowing from UV exposure).

Just a great group of folks!!

We'll be leaving after dinner tonight, so far well to all, and hope to meet up with you next year at the rally.

Rick & Debbie (and, of course, the fur-kids)
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #1093
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhuser View Post
he got everything fixed and and advised me on how to take care of some other things (plastic parts yellowing from uv exposure).
Do share!!!!!!

Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #1094
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

While my initial list of service needs was seeming so small to include, I did go for a repair on a hatch door (replaced with new one) and fix a torn seam on a couch cushion (gave me 2 new cushions). Just to be curious, I asked how much a hatch door would be if I wanted to make a mod and put one in the side to move my outside fridge, answer: nothing, they has me one the next morning. After all that, the plant manager from Sierra, had stopped by daily to see if I had any needs. Jumping to end of story, I had new axles, springs, brakes, wheels and tires installed this morning!! And the plant manager called me on my way home to make sure I was doing ok and to make sure I had his cell phone number if I ever needed anything! ABOVE AND BEYOND!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #1095
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
While my initial list of service needs was seeming so small to include, I did go for a repair on a hatch door (replaced with new one) and fix a torn seam on a couch cushion (gave me 2 new cushions). Just to be curious, I asked how much a hatch door would be if I wanted to make a mod and put one in the side to move my outside fridge, answer: nothing, they has me one the next morning. After all that, the plant manager from Sierra, had stopped by daily to see if I had any needs. Jumping to end of story, I had new axles, springs, brakes, wheels and tires installed this morning!! And the plant manager called me on my way home to make sure I was doing ok and to make sure I had his cell phone number if I ever needed anything! ABOVE AND BEYOND!
Way above and beyond! That is superb!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #1096
Phat Phrog

Timmy did that duck affect your MPG??
Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #1097
Mod free 5er

I heard a rumor that some individual was hiding his rubber ducky on his trailer axle and when the axles were replaced this morning, the rubber ducky was somehow transferred to the new axle. Amazing how obliging these service people are to recognize that the owner would have probably cried if he had lost his rubber ducky.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #1098
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Timmy did that duck affect your MPG??
I'm thinking it might have helped it out a bit! lol. For all the Phroggies that weren't on attendance, no less than 40 rubber ducks were placed in and around my camper last night. A mystery for sure! Funniest one was the one tied to my old axles (of which I had no clue). The service techs this morning were a bit shocked when they saw it, but zip tied it back on the new ones! Of course they all asked me about it when I went to pick up the trailer! Too funny!!! I'm told I have not found them all yet. Still looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2128614422.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	37319   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2883365358.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	37320  
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1099
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post

I'm thinking it might have helped it out a bit! lol. For all the Phroggies that weren't on attendance, no less than 40 rubber ducks were placed in and around my camper last night. A mystery for sure! Funniest one was the one tied to my old axles (of which I had no clue). The service techs this morning were a bit shocked when they saw it, but zip tied it back on the new ones! Of course they all asked me about it when I went to pick up the trailer! Too funny!!! I'm told I have not found them all yet. Still looking.
Huh.... first I've heard of this.......
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #1100
Phat Phrog

Quote:

Huh.... first I've heard of this.......
I know right?!? I did see the one on his new axel though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-834901666.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	37321