Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
mackman1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carroll Iowa
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'm 30 minutes out from d-port to the north and west.
You'd be a day ahead of me if you stayed in d-port on the 31st and departed the 1st.
We plan on leaving leisurely on the 2nd sometime in the am.

I'd recommend staying at Scott county park west lake if d-port is your choice.

Keep me up to date as it gets closer.

Btw i see you drive a ford I'll bring plenty of tools n parts

Have a great day!



TURBS
Sabre owners united!
You are so full of it Turbs. You and I both know you take a leisure trip to Goshen be that Duramax has a huge risk of explosion at anything over 45MPH.
__________________

__________________
F-350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 9,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkybird View Post
From home to Goshen is 1,144 miles.

I don't know how many miles we will do in a day, depends on traffic, sore butts, boredom and the excitement of wanting to get there and start the fun.
The only reason I ask that is that is lot of miles a day for a driver you are bound to hit some mts. which will slow you down. It might just be me but I have had it after like 300 miles or so. Last year it took us and the Old Coot 2.5 days to get there from Virginia. I don't have the slightest idea of how you drive. I know it takes me from Miami to southern Virginia 3 days and that's about 850 miles. But everyone is different. The only reason I even questioned it was your statement that it was first time leaving Florida. I do understand your excitement in the post, but my advice is to add a little extra time if possible. I know it's none of my business but to me it's a lot of miles a day. See you in Goshen and have a safe trip........
__________________

__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
Member
 
Python15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 50
Is Goshen cancelled this year?????
Python15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #24
Member
 
mtcreeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'm 30 minutes out from d-port to the north and west.
You'd be a day ahead of me if you stayed in d-port on the 31st and departed the 1st.
We plan on leaving leisurely on the 2nd sometime in the am.

I'd recommend staying at Scott county park west lake if d-port is your choice.

Keep me up to date as it gets closer.

Btw i see you drive a ford I'll bring plenty of tools n parts

Have a great day!



TURBS
Sabre owners united!

Only choice out west, we need a truck that will pull the mountains out here.
__________________
Steve & Carol
2013 Custom 36 CKTS Cedar Creek
mtcreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
Member
 
mtcreeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python15 View Post
Is Goshen cancelled this year?????

Hmmmm ? Don't think so, we plan on being there around the first of August.
__________________
Steve & Carol
2013 Custom 36 CKTS Cedar Creek
mtcreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #26
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python15 View Post
Is Goshen cancelled this year?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcreeker View Post
Hmmmm ? Don't think so, we plan on being there around the first of August.

This might help explain things - see ependydad's comment (Post #1) but please read all of it. a Here's the link.

a
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #27
Member
 
mtcreeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
This might help explain things - see ependydad's comment (Post #1) but please read all of it. a Here's the link.

a

LOL, forgot it was April 1st. My comment was correct regardless, we would be there rally or not.
__________________
Steve & Carol
2013 Custom 36 CKTS Cedar Creek
mtcreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #28
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python15 View Post
Is Goshen cancelled this year?????
Sorry, that ependydad thinks he's funny. Clearly he isn't.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #29
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sorry, that ependydad thinks he's funny. Clearly he isn't.
At times, he's funny, this just didn't happen to be one of them.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #30
Member
 
corkybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
The only reason I ask that is that is lot of miles a day for a driver you are bound to hit some mts. which will slow you down. It might just be me but I have had it after like 300 miles or so. Last year it took us and the Old Coot 2.5 days to get there from Virginia. I don't have the slightest idea of how you drive. I know it takes me from Miami to southern Virginia 3 days and that's about 850 miles. But everyone is different. The only reason I even questioned it was your statement that it was first time leaving Florida. I do understand your excitement in the post, but my advice is to add a little extra time if possible. I know it's none of my business but to me it's a lot of miles a day. See you in Goshen and have a safe trip........
Yes, that is a lot of miles in one day and I'm not driving. We did drive 360 miles to the Florida Caverns State Park in the panhandle in 5-6 hours with two stops and that seemed forever.

For the rally, reality will kick in after 400 miles and we'll probably end up arriving Sunday instead and kissing the ground when we arrive.
__________________

__________________
The Hanselmans!

We Have These Moments to Remember...


corkybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
travel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.