Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #1

2015 FROG International Rally Aug 9-15 COMMUNITY CHAT

Starting this thread as a chat forum for activities, tours, get togethers, and other announcements for the 2015 FROG International Rally...

A couple of you have asked on other threads which tours are the best to go on...

We only did one last year - the Brown bag tour. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! You really will get a sense of the Amish community and get a chance to see Amish craftsmen at work (believe it or not, the visit to the Casket Maker was one of the best stops! Fascinating!) And the Wedding feast was OMG good! All we can say to that is you will NOT walk away hungry
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
Director, FROG

We updated the website yesterday to show information on activities, prices, and tours for the 2015 FROG Rally.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:45 AM   #3

There already is another thread for the 2015 rally that was started a few weeks ago and is a stickie as well. I suggest we only need one thread

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...5-a-75528.html
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #4

When can we register? What is best sort of aux transportation car or golf cart ?
senior3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #5

Do they welcome Primetime Spartan as well ?
Pierre Allard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #6
Director, FROG

Prime Time is a division of Forest River, and is most certainly welcome.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
We updated the website yesterday to show information on activities, prices, and tours for the 2015 FROG Rally.
I check daily to see when it opens for registration.....BEST RALLY EVER..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior3 View Post
When can we register? What is best sort of aux transportation car or golf cart ?
I got an e-mail today that we might MIGHT MIGHT have the bank certification today. (Did everyone notice "MIGHT"?) We plan to expand on the tractor/wagon trolleys from yesterday and add more golf cart shuttles. Those, or a bike, are the best ways to get around besides walking. There's not much parking available by the dining room, vendor, concert, and RV display, so I'd really discourage trying to get around too much is cars.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Bob - is there any way we can get a general idea of when the factory tours are going to be? We want to go on several of the Amish tours but really need to go on the Cedar Creek tour (since we are planning on upgrading to one )
Old 03-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #10
Director, FROG

Bob, part of what we do is look at the registrations by brand to help determine which plants to visit.

Based on last year's experience, I'd expect multiple trips to Cedar Creek, Flagstaff/Rockwood, Berkshire/Charleston, R-Pod, Columbus, and possibly others. Georgetown had a huge turnout last year, but unfortunately that plant, which also produces FR3, Cardinal, and Blue Ridge, can't accommodate a busload of visitors.

It's also possible to talk with the sales reps and arrange individual or small group tours.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Bob, part of what we do is look at the registrations by brand to help determine which plants to visit.

Based on last year's experience, I'd expect multiple trips to Cedar Creek, Flagstaff/Rockwood, Berkshire/Charleston, R-Pod, Columbus, and possibly others. Georgetown had a huge turnout last year, but unfortunately that plant, which also produces FR3, Cardinal, and Blue Ridge, can't accommodate a busload of visitors.

It's also possible to talk with the sales reps and arrange individual or small group tours.
Thanks Bob - we will work with that and also if we could drive over on a off-day for the parking committee we could do that as well
Old 03-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #12
Director, FROG

Registration opens Thursday, 3/26 for the FROG Rally.

The March Newsletter with registration instructions just went out, and a copy will be posted on the FROG Website.

Let's Get Ready to Rally!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #13
Site Team

Thanks, F.R.O.G. Bob!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #14

AWESOME F.R.O.G. Bob!!

Anne-Marie and I are SO ready to Rally™
Old 03-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #15

Thanks Bob for all that you are doing and all the time you are putting in !
emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:28 PM   #16
Site Team

O.K., since I can't answer my own question, I'll ask it here.

In the newsletter email, I read "From there, you'll be directed to go to a payment page where you can select your basic Rally registration and any optional tours." Is this initial registration process the only time a person can register for optional tours? If it is, I'll have some tough decisions to make since, although I have interest in more than one of these tours, the number ONE item on my Goshen International Rally bucket list is a factory tour (if at all possible, of the factory that builds Wildcats). I am interested in their process and technology. Bottom line, I guess I'm too cheap to sign DW and me up for a $65 tour, etc., and then bail out on it upon learning that MY factory tour conflicts schedule-wise. Be easy on my asking, I'm making a 950-mile one-way pull (give or take) and am trying to maximize my time and money expenditure.

Thank you kindly.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 03-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior3 View Post
Unless you are going exploring in/around Elkhart County on your own, you don't need a car. Certainly not on the fairgrounds. And if you want your own golf cart, more power to you, but there are enough shuttles and company carts running around that you can grab a ride pretty much whenever you need one to get to a seminar, meals, etc.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post

In the newsletter email, I read "From there, you'll be directed to go to a payment page where you can select your basic Rally registration and any optional tours." Is this initial registration process the only time a person can register for optional tours? If it is, I'll have some tough decisions to make since, although I have interest in more than one of these tours, the number ONE item on my Goshen International Rally bucket list is a factory tour (if at all possible, of the factory that builds Wildcats). I am interested in their process and technology. Bottom line, I guess I'm too cheap to sign DW and me up for a $65 tour, etc., and then bail out on it upon learning that MY factory tour conflicts schedule-wise. Be easy on my asking, I'm making a 950-mile one-way pull (give or take) and am trying to maximize my time and money expenditure. Thank you kindly.

Dan, the tours WILL fill up quickly. If you are scheduled for a tour and that tour conflicts with a scheduled tour of the factory, it is usually easier to re-schedule your factory tour, even if it is not with the "organized" factory tour. Bottom line: If you want one of the optional tours, better get signed up for it pretty quickly.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Dan, the tours WILL fill up quickly. If you are scheduled for a tour and that tour conflicts with a scheduled tour of the factory, it is usually easier to re-schedule your factory tour, even if it is not with the "organized" factory tour. Bottom line: If you want one of the optional tours, better get signed up for it pretty quickly.
Thankee, Capt.!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #20
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post

In the newsletter email, I read "From there, you'll be directed to go to a payment page where you can select your basic Rally registration and any optional tours." Is this initial registration process the only time a person can register for optional tours? If it is, I'll have some tough decisions to make since, although I have interest in more than one of these tours, the number ONE item on my Goshen International Rally bucket list is a factory tour (if at all possible, of the factory that builds Wildcats). I am interested in their process and technology. Bottom line, I guess I'm too cheap to sign DW and me up for a $65 tour, etc., and then bail out on it upon learning that MY factory tour conflicts schedule-wise. Be easy on my asking, I'm making a 950-mile one-way pull (give or take) and am trying to maximize my time and money expenditure.

Thank you kindly.
Dan, it's a good question. You can go back and add tours later as long as they're not filled.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com

Tags
frog