Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Well, after a couple of months of indecision I'm on the verge of deciding to attend. I was going but then read somewhere it wasn't "kid" friendly I decided not to go. We're raising our grandchildren, 13 year old twins and a 10 year old who always travel with us. I have a couple of maintenance items that I'd prefer the factory to deal with and we'll be towing our toad so we can leave the fairgrounds to entertain the kids if necessary.

Will there be vendors present? I'm thinking tire monitors, awnings, surge protectors, batteries, solar, etc. Is there a list of vendors I can access or can somebody give me an idea of what might be available. We live in a small town in Central Washington and although I hate using my vacation time to work on the coach I'd really like a factory tour so this may be a chance to do both at one stop. My local dealer , FR, can do all the above but I like to look at what I'm getting, talk to the installer and make sure it's done right. Plus I'll be there and can supervise the installation, providing the vendors can actually arrange installation.

Thanks
Yes there will be vendors there and Yes there will be *some* kids there that *may* be fun for your grandkids. Last year I saw a few tweens, teens, and under-tweens attending - but it IS a crap shoot -- you just don't know until you get there but WOW is it a awesome event for you and the wife!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #502
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Well, after a couple of months of indecision I'm on the verge of deciding to attend. I was going but then read somewhere it wasn't "kid" friendly I decided not to go. We're raising our grandchildren, 13 year old twins and a 10 year old who always travel with us. I have a couple of maintenance items that I'd prefer the factory to deal with and we'll be towing our toad so we can leave the fairgrounds to entertain the kids if necessary.

Will there be vendors present? I'm thinking tire monitors, awnings, surge protectors, batteries, solar, etc. Is there a list of vendors I can access or can somebody give me an idea of what might be available. We live in a small town in Central Washington and although I hate using my vacation time to work on the coach I'd really like a factory tour so this may be a chance to do both at one stop. My local dealer , FR, can do all the above but I like to look at what I'm getting, talk to the installer and make sure it's done right. Plus I'll be there and can supervise the installation, providing the vendors can actually arrange installation.

Thanks

By all means bring the grandkids. I'll be brought my kids last year and I'll be bringing them again this year.

I wouldn't say it wasn't 'Kid Friendly', just that it's not 'Kid Focused'. For example, I doubt the kids will want to sit through a seminar on the proper way to maintain your black tanks. Or a seminar on the ins and outs of RV power protection.

But there's still a ton of stuff to do with the kids, both at the park and in and around the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-11-2015, 09:51 PM   #503
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
As we prepare for our journey to the Int'l Frog rally, the question of power (as in adequacy of it) for all those RVs rears its head. Has any though been given to providing "peak operating capacity" for those 850+ RVs. Someone advised bringing an RV extension cord (30 or 50A) but I ask what about the associated voltage drop with those 850+ RV extension cords. Has anyone given thought to rental power (generators) that will provide peak-power (3:00 - 8:00 pm daily) ????? Inquisitive minds . . . .

Mikey
Old 05-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
As we prepare for our journey to the Int'l Frog rally, the question of power (as in adequacy of it) for all those RVs rears its head. Has any though been given to providing "peak operating capacity" for those 850+ RVs. Someone advised bringing an RV extension cord (30 or 50A) but I ask what about the associated voltage drop with those 850+ RV extension cords. Has anyone given thought to rental power (generators) that will provide peak-power (3:00 - 8:00 pm daily) ????? Inquisitive minds . . . .

Mikey
It will be a challenge, but I believe it will "Be All Good" I was told earlier this year that all should be OK Not sure we are up to 850+ rigs yet...but we are getting close to 800
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:15 AM   #505
Site Team - Lou

Quote:

Mikey
Mikey, in almost all cases an extension cord will not be needed. I always carry one for emergencies (like having to split off on another site in case of a bad outlet.

I have been assured that there will be plenty of power and no one circuit had low voltage that I was aware of.

Generators will not be needed (though again I bring a Honda 2000 as no one can predict a major power outage due to storm or winds).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #506

Quote:

Mikey
Keep in mind that, depending on where you are assigned at the fairgrounds, you might only have 30amp service.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM   #507

I would also add that the number of rigs so far (700 to750) because of double regs. And triple reg that why number is high. The fair grounds can handle it. Just remember. That not all site are 50 amp hook up. And switch you water heater off electric and put on gas and switch refrigerator from elec to gas . .tlhe only trouble we had last year was units trying to run 2 airs and water heater and ref on electric. Hooked to a 30 anp plug. (I had a meter that showed it)
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #508
Director, FROG

Actually, Scott, the duplicates have now all been removed. Our 700+ is really 700+. I met yesterday with the fairgrounds staff to discuss parking and other issues. It's possible that we might have to cut off registration at some point.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #509
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Actually, Scott, the duplicates have now all been removed. Our 700+ is really 700+. I met yesterday with the fairgrounds staff to discuss parking and other issues. It's possible that we might have to cut off registration at some point.
Wow!
The first ever goshen "cut off"!
To bad I can't make it, at this point I'd be turned away sounds like , for more reasons then one!.......... [emoji12]

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:40 AM   #510
Director, FROG

Quote:

Mikey
We're looking into auxiliary generators as a possible additional source of power.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #511

Quote:

Mikey

I would also make sure you have a surge guard to help protect your investment.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:42 AM   #512
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Are you cutting off all registration or just any more rigs? I may or may not need to add an extra person but won't know for sure until shortly before the rally (like end of July kind of shortly).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #513

Quote:
Jeez, that’s a lot of RVs. The growth rate of this rally is incredible considering the first Goshen rally was just a few years ago in 2012.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 05-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #514
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Thanks Frog Bob, Herk and all the rest for your thoughtful replies. We will arrive with extension + surge/voltage regulator and hope that all the planning meets the challenges placed on the rally location & staff by all these rigs. One item I overlooked is the fact that not all rigs have the same power requirements, thank goodness for that one! Hope to meet many of you and share some of the awesome lifestyle stories with ya in Goshen come August.

Travel safe & enjoy the journeys!

Mikey
Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #515

#748!! Thanks for the replies.
Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #516
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Frog Bob, did you get the email and Phone message that I left for you concerning the Ràlly????
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #517
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Frog Bob, did you get the email and Phone message that I left for you concerning the Ràlly????
Not sure if I saw them, Scott. We're currently going over the 500+ replies that we got to the verification e-mail that we sent out on 5/4, so it might be there. I'll call you.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 05-13-2015, 08:47 AM   #518
Director, FROG

We just put the following notice on the FROG website:

NOTICE - REGARDING 2015 INTERNATIONAL RALLY

The overwhelming record response to the 2015 FROG Rally has completely filled the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds. As a result, we have had to suspend further registrations while we explore the possibility of obtaining additional electrical service.

Should we be able to expand the utilities, we will re-open registration. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 05-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #519

IF there are Train Tracks close to the Fairgrounds they could bring in (HUGE Generators) By Rail maybe? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #520

Absolutely amazing Bob.

I guess Leo be like;

Name:   Leo - Copy.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  48.2 KB

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788