Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #371
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Will there be a new thread for requesting repairs?
You will get mail with a document included that has a form you will use for each "gripe" that you would like the tech's to look at. You will need your make, model and VIN to schedule service request(s).

Remember that your gripe may not be a FR gripe (like a Dometic fridge for example) and they will schedule a Dometic Rep to visit your camper site.
You will also need to fill out a "permission" slip if you want them to service you while you are away from your camp site doing a tour or attending a class.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #372
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Oh my, gripe is such a nasty way of putting it. Of all the RVs we've owned (and we've had several) we have never had many GRIPES. Our concern is the loud fan on yes, our Dometic refrigerator! We are not going to the International FROG Rally to gripe or have needless/ridiculous repairs made. In fact we didn't even know about repairs until last month!!! We are, however, concerned about the fan which has been supposedly repaired by CW and still makes a most unusually loud groan.

Thank you so much for your reply!
It's just a way of wording it. Gripe/complaint/problem all synonymous in this instance. I believe it's just like the sheet you fill out when you drop it off at the dealership for repairs. There is no judgement just help.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #373
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Oh my, gripe is such a nasty way of putting it. Of all the RVs we've owned (and we've had several) we have never had many GRIPES. Our concern is the loud fan on yes, our Dometic refrigerator! We are not going to the International FROG Rally to gripe or have needless/ridiculous repairs made. In fact we didn't even know about repairs until last month!!! We are, however, concerned about the fan which has been supposedly repaired by CW and still makes a most unusually loud groan.

Thank you so much for your reply!
Ooops: Pilot talk got in the way of RV talk.

When something is broken on the aircraft; the writeup to get it fixed is called a "Gripe". The Air Force Form 781 has a list of "Broken Items or Not to Spec things to fix" (Gripes) on the left and the corrective actions on the right.

While some gripes are "needless/ridiculous" as you say (like left front tire almost needs changing); the corrective actions are usually to the point; (Almost changed tire).

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #374
BamaCamper
 
cjearle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 398
How do you get a form for repairs? My aviator has a couple of things the dealer can not deal with. Is there a packet that will be mailed out?
__________________
:
Aviator Wright Flyer 1912
F-250 2014
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #375
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 2,359
Pretty much what Herk said. Once the dust settles a little on registration, we'll e-mail a notice that the service request form is available online on the FROG site.

You'll be able to download and complete the form and either mail it or scan and send it as an e-mail attachment (preferred). Just PLEASE don't take a photo of it and send me an 8-meg photo attachment as some did last year.

WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT WE'LL DO EVERYTHING THAT YOU REQUEST, but we try to take care of everything within reason, and some not within reason. Our focus is on safety issues, and on problems that are covered by warranty or would have been covered even if the warranty is now expired. It's not on upgrades -- I have fabric furniture and wish I had leather, or I wish I had power awnings, etc.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #376
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 19
We are looking forward to our first FR rally. The possibility of having repairs made and concerns looked at is a bonus. We are looking forward to meeting all the FR family in attendance.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]2015 Silverback 29IK
2014 F250, 6.7L, Crew Cab
txprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #377
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Pretty much what Herk said. Once the dust settles a little on registration, we'll e-mail a notice that the service request form is available online on the FROG site.

You'll be able to download and complete the form and either mail it or scan and send it as an e-mail attachment (preferred). Just PLEASE don't take a photo of it and send me an 8-meg photo attachment as some did last year.

WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT WE'LL DO EVERYTHING THAT YOU REQUEST, but we try to take care of everything within reason, and some not within reason. Our focus is on safety issues, and on problems that are covered by warranty or would have been covered even if the warranty is now expired. It's not on upgrades -- I have fabric furniture and wish I had leather, or I wish I had power awnings, etc.
In addition to the complete information on the form, if you attach a JPG photo to the work order of the "issue," (caught heck for "Gripe"), it may help the tech's when they order parts.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #378
Carroll&Anne
 
carroll Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Screven Ga.
Posts: 10
Just registered for the rally, #848 looking forward to seeing everyone ,this will be our first Frog rally.
__________________
carroll Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #379
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Fridge was optioned when we ordered the Forester. I'm more than sure it's the fridge and not the converter. Will try your suggestion tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks.
__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #380
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
That's why we wanted to go this year, since we are just relaxing this week
Is the Friday tour sold out as well Scott?

And, like others have said, with 2 days of Brown Bag tours going on, I suspect they will add extra busses. Don't despair just yet

Also, Anne-Marie and I would like to organize a informal Lunch at Das Essenhaus & RV Hall of Fame tour on Thurdsay.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.