Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 PM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilter3446 View Post
This year's rally will be our first. We just upgraded from a popup, and have been reading through the forums picking up great tips and info, thanks y'all. I want to clarify one detail for the rally. We don't particularly need to reserve a handicap spot, but some days I can not walk great distances. Am I correct that there will be some sort of transport I could "hitch a ride" to/from our campsite for meals, seminars, etc.? I'd rather not rent a golf cart if we don't need to.
Yes. In addition to the tractors, FROG Bob schedules volunteers to drive 'stretch-golf cart limos' around the fairground to offer rides to folks coming and going to their camper and the exhibits/seminars. These rides are somewhat random and not on any particular route or schedule (which means in most cases we will give you door-to-door service )

Also, if you see a volunteer driving a golf cart and you are having a time of it getting somewhere PLEASE do not hesitate to flag us down!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptynest View Post
That bakery sounds fantastic , will have to stop there . Someone said their snicker doodles cookies were good also ! Where is that cheese house where they won a lot of awards for ? And also biggest jelly bean place ?
Ahhh that would be the Deutsch Kase Haus! *FABULOUS* cheese -- bring a extra cooler because their cheese will keep a LONG time in your fridge (we are down to our last 3 pounds, and August is still 4 months away

https://www.babyswiss.com/dkh_cheese.htm

Fact is, when you come bring SEVERAL coolers - the meats and sausages in the area are to die for, as is the fresh produce and the aforementioned pasteries, pies, cookies and doughnuts (or as a fried calls them do-nots! )

Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #393

OOPS and the Jellybeans are probably at the Wakarusa Dime Store in Wakarusa, Indiana.

Oh yeah and you will probably want to visit the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart while you are out touring the countryside!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Museum - Library - Conference Center

And EmptyNest, you had mentioned forum members getting together on Thursday...one thought I have kicked around is a visit to the RV Hall of Fame and dinner at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury on Thursday. Das Essenhaus is another "not to miss places" although they might be too small for us if a number of us decided to go to dinner together...

Essenhaus Amish Style Inn, Conference Center & Restaurant - Middlebury, IN
Old 04-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #394
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilter3446 View Post
This year's rally will be our first. We just upgraded from a popup, and have been reading through the forums picking up great tips and info, thanks y'all. I want to clarify one detail for the rally. We don't particularly need to reserve a handicap spot, but some days I can not walk great distances. Am I correct that there will be some sort of transport I could "hitch a ride" to/from our campsite for meals, seminars, etc.? I'd rather not rent a golf cart if we don't need to.
If you need a handicap spot, email bob from the frog website (BEST) or PM him here at F.R.O.G. or PM the parking supervisor here at N1JOH

That will get you a handicap spot close to everything. Note: these spots have power and water. Free Dump Station on arrival (TELL YOUR PARKING ATTENDANT) and a free pump out 1/2 way through. Additional pump outs available at a small additional cost.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #395
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
OOPS and the Jellybeans are probably at the Wakarusa Dime Store in Wakarusa, Indiana.

Oh yeah and you will probably want to visit the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart while you are out touring the countryside!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Museum - Library - Conference Center

And EmptyNest, you had mentioned forum members getting together on Thursday...one thought I have kicked around is a visit to the RV Hall of Fame and dinner at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury on Thursday. Das Essenhaus is another "not to miss places" although they might be too small for us if a number of us decided to go to dinner together...

Essenhaus Amish Style Inn, Conference Center & Restaurant - Middlebury, IN

Thursday is threads essenhaus dinner/rv Hall of fame tour so there will already be a large group there for dinner.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #396

Ahead of Schedule

So, how may of you plan on getting in ahead of schedule??
Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #397
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
So, how may of you plan on getting in ahead of schedule??
I think we might come in on Saturday but I still need to call the fairgrounds to set it up and then notify Bob.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #398

Will probably plan on arriving the Friday before.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #399
Director, FROG

I sent the service request form over to our IT folks today, so it will probably be up in the next day or two. At that point I'm going to be sending out an e-mail to everyone who's registered, showing:
Contact info -- name, address, phone, e-mail, etc.
RV info -- brand, size, slides, electrical service
Registration -- RV with 1 Adult, RV with 2 Adults, Additional Persons age 12+
Number of people on each tour
Handicap status and any notes that you included on you registration
Names of everyone attending, regardless of age, for name tags

Please take the time to go over this information, which is exactly as you entered it, and let me know whether you have corrections/additions or not.

In the attendee area, I need names as they should appear on the name tags, so don't enter "Jim and Sue Smith." I need a name tag for "Jim Smith" and for "Sue Smith." (Yes, Youroo, I realize that you and Joyce aren't named Jim and Sue Smith, but you'll figure it out."

Some of you will receive an e-mail that shows that you're registered but haven't chosen a registration status or haven't paid. That might mean that you got through the registration but skipped something in the payment area; that you didn't get into the payment area; that you've chosen to pay by check but we haven't received it yet; or maybe that I'm still waiting for a reply on an oversold tour situation. Give me a call if you have a question on that.

I know that this is a lot of information, but we want to have everything right so that you have a smooth registration and a great week.

Let's Get Ready to Rally!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #400
Site Team

Thanks Bob. Can you list which Tours are sold out at this point?

Tags
frog