Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #701
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Be a cold day in you know where when I throw $80 away to prop up a sewer hose when it can lay on the ground for free. In all my years of camping, have never seen the need to support a sewer hose.
Agreed!!
I don't own a swear hose support myself either. I just dump black then great and pick the hose up if needed to get rid of anything left inside it. Easy..The grey cleanses the hose like a spring shower!! or something like that.
__________________

__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #702
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Be a cold day in you know where when I throw $80 away to prop up a sewer hose when it can lay on the ground for free. In all my years of camping, have never seen the need to support a sewer hose.
And that's a lot of years folks!!!
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #703
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Agreed!!
I don't own a swear hose support myself either. I just dump black then great and pick the hose up if needed to get rid of anything left inside it. Easy..The grey cleanses the hose like a spring shower!! or something like that.
I do own a sewer hose support, but seldom use it. Don't see the need unless for long-term camping.
__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #704
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 651
Here's what my water hook up looked like last year. I considered this part of the overall fun of the rally and it was a great way to meet people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1744.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	79228  
__________________

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #705
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 936
Repair Preparation

We have a request in for fan repair/replacement to our Dometic 4-door refrigerator. Don't want to sound ignorant, BUT should we avoid stocking it up with a week's-worth of food or will things be okay for that type of 'repair?' And yes, we'll have a separate cooler for our libations, if needed!
__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:31 PM   #706
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Here's what my water hook up looked like last year. I considered this part of the overall fun of the rally and it was a great way to meet people.
Dang -- impressive! Quite the art!!
__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #707
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
We have a request in for fan repair/replacement to our Dometic 4-door refrigerator. Don't want to sound ignorant, BUT should we avoid stocking it up with a week's-worth of food or will things be okay for that type of 'repair?' And yes, we'll have a separate cooler for our libations, if needed!
There's probably no way to tell what day you will get service. Last year mine didn't get done until Thursday. Suggest you better plan accordingly but make sure when you check in at the service center that you explain your situation.
__________________

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #708
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
There's probably no way to tell what day you will get service. Last year mine didn't get done until Thursday. Suggest you better plan accordingly but make sure when you check in at the service center that you explain your situation.
Thanks for your reply. Guess we'll take a 50% load in the refer.
__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #709
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Central WA
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
For the most part you are parked depending on your registration
"First come first served"
Your spot is more or less pre determined before you arrive.
There are "better" spots then others and they go first, again it's in the order you signed up. -ish

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
There are certain brands that will park together: The Cardinal, Columbus, & Cedar Creek "Owners Groups"

Of course the R-Pod "Village" (AWESOME they even elect a "Mayor"

Other than that, you are parked "Hobo" style (the folks you are in line with will be your Rally neighbors )

Provisions are made so that if you arrive early, you will not have to move once the rally starts
Unless I'm misreading these two posts there is a difference of opinion on how sites are assigned. Since my registration # is 748 I guess I get the least desirable site ,or, one next to whomever is in line when I arrive. Since it's out of my control I'll quit worrying about it and just go to where they point me.
__________________
Dan
2015 Entegra Anthem 450HP-1250ft lbs of torque
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #710
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Unless I'm misreading these two posts there is a difference of opinion on how sites are assigned. Since my registration # is 748 I guess I get the least desirable site ,or, one next to whomever is in line when I arrive. Since it's out of my control I'll quit worrying about it and just go to where they point me.
Stay in the 'Patience Lane' -- that's your guarantee
__________________

__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.