Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #721
Senior Member
 
toslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 373
[QUOTE=asquared;886628]To answer your question. [/QUOTE

thanks,
__________________

__________________
haven a blast
toslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #722
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Except the muck pile closet to the train tracks. People pay extra for that site!!
thats where I was
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #723
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Hey SYE...can we count on a "Evening at the Movies" again this year?

I vote you reprise RV The Movie!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #724
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 2,362
Time to chime in, I guess.

Parking is not in order of registration. Early registration, as we've been saying all along, does not guarantee a full hookup site, since I'm assuming that's the real issue here. Early arrival also does not guarantee a full hookup site, as we've also been saying all along.

Here's the situation, which can vary occasionally by whim.

There are four club groups that I've told will be parked together -- Cedar Creek, Cardinal, Columbus, and R-Pod -- the world-famous "R-Pod Village." Some of the sites being used for these groups are full hookups and some are not, with a mix involved. For example, where we're putting Cedar Creek (108 of them), there are full hookup permanent sites and W/E only temporary sites. Same with Columbus.

I'll be using some full hookup sites for medical situations that I know require them. I'll be using some for other handicap situations. Some will be for people that I'm asking to come in almost a week early for parking (e-mail will FINALLY be out this week). Some will be luck of the draw or benevolent dictatorship.

Before you arrive, you'll have been assigned to an area, but not to a particular site. When you arrive, you'll be escorted to that area and parked in the next available site. If you want to park next to someone, please plan to arrive together.

So -- park by registration order? No. Park by arrival order? Yes, but in a pre-designated area. "But Bob promised me that I'd have a full hookup site"? No, I did not. I wish we had 700 full hookups and that they all had 50 amps, but we don't.

We'll probably be parking at least 350 units just on Sunday. Just like in Smokey and the Bandit, "we've got a long way to go and a short time to get there." Getting everyone parked will require patience, cooperation, and understanding, and we'll appreciate it a lot.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #725
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Time to chime in, I guess.

Parking is not in order of registration. Early registration, as we've been saying all along, does not guarantee a full hookup site, since I'm assuming that's the real issue here. Early arrival also does not guarantee a full hookup site, as we've also been saying all along.

Here's the situation, which can vary occasionally by whim.

There are four club groups that I've told will be parked together -- Cedar Creek, Cardinal, Columbus, and R-Pod -- the world-famous "R-Pod Village." Some of the sites being used for these groups are full hookups and some are not, with a mix involved. For example, where we're putting Cedar Creek (108 of them), there are full hookup permanent sites and W/E only temporary sites. Same with Columbus.

I'll be using some full hookup sites for medical situations that I know require them. I'll be using some for other handicap situations. Some will be for people that I'm asking to come in almost a week early for parking (e-mail will FINALLY be out this week). Some will be luck of the draw or benevolent dictatorship.

Before you arrive, you'll have been assigned to an area, but not to a particular site. When you arrive, you'll be escorted to that area and parked in the next available site. If you want to park next to someone, please plan to arrive together.

So -- park by registration order? No. Park by arrival order? Yes, but in a pre-designated area. "But Bob promised me that I'd have a full hookup site"? No, I did not. I wish we had 700 full hookups and that they all had 50 amps, but we don't.

We'll probably be parking at least 350 units just on Sunday. Just like in Smokey and the Bandit, "we've got a long way to go and a short time to get there." Getting everyone parked will require patience, cooperation, and understanding, and we'll appreciate it a lot.
Well said Bob, Same as it has been the last 2 years as well!!
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #726
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Hey SYE...can we count on a "Evening at the Movies" again this year?

I vote you reprise RV The Movie!
Yes, we will have a movie night on the big screen, Maybe 2 or 3 depending on the weather.
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #727
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Yes, we will have a movie night on the big screen, Maybe 2 or 3 depending on the weather.
I've got RV and We are the Miller's (very funny but not necessarily family appropriate). We have a ton of movies from little kid on up, any request can probably be arranged to come.... Frozen anybody?




Thanks Bob for the much needed parking update.
__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #728
Senior Member
 
Sunnyfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Alright veterans of previous Goshen Rallies. Any advice for us Rally virgins? Any specific things to bring (besides a refrigerator full of beer) that may be needed for the week. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of the people that I've seen or spoken to on the forum. This forum had a large part in my decision to buy a Forest River product and seeing factory support at the rally just reinforces my decision. I can't wait for Goshen....


Rich
Don't forget earplugs . If you camp close to the train tracks, the trains will keep you awake. We were right next to them and felt like they were coming into our motorhome. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. Have fun !
__________________
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #729
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Well said Bob, Same as it has been the last 2 years as well!!
For the sake of space quoting Scott and saying "Thanks Bob" for the definitive how it's done

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Yes, we will have a movie night on the big screen, Maybe 2 or 3 depending on the weather.
Let me know if you need me to bring any particular movies you may not have...I think 6 Actual has just about every DVD ever made

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I've got RV and We are the Miller's (very funny but not necessarily family appropriate). We have a ton of movies from little kid on up, any request can probably be arranged to come.... Frozen anybody?

Thanks Bob for the much needed parking update.
And just so you know asquared...SYE is a *BOSS* with movie night - he projects the movies to a screen mounted on the front cap of his Columbus
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #730
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,742
With regard to ARRIVING EARLY: Remember that the Elkhart County Fair will just be ending the weekend before the FROG rally. The carnival people need several days to take their rides down and vacate the grounds (last year it was Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning before they were all out), then the fairgrounds employees have to clean everything up and THEN lay down the temporary electric and water. Friday is about the EARLIEST that you should expect to be able to get on the fairgrounds unless you are notified by FROG Bob that you are part of the parking team. If you get into Goshen / Elkhart County before that, there are some commercial campgrounds where you can stay. Some that come to mind immediately: a KOA just north of Middlebury on Highway 13, and another campground (not a KOA, I don't think) near Shipshewana. No doubt there are others in the area, as well.
__________________

__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.