Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #261
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Anyone know if we are in the area can we roll in a day or two early?
Usually you can come in early if you par the fairgrounds, The only bad think is that they are setting up everything and you would not want to get in their way. There a few CG close by, EBY Pines CG is nice, there is also a Jellystone Park close by.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #262
Moderator Emeritus

Any good overnight areas probably near fort Wayne. We will be coming up from NC which brings us through Columbus OH and fort Wayne IN. Hoping to get within an hour or two of the rally the night before. Doesn't need any real amenities (electric might be nice though) as it will just be a place to get some shut eye. Would like to stay hooked up with a 40' fiver. Thanks.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #263

asquared;
We came up from NC to last year's rally-taking our time, and stayed (both coming and leaving) at Cross Creek RV Park, Delaware, OH
Welcome to Cross Creek Resort
That left us about 216 miles (~3:30 hrs) for us to get into Goshen Rally (we had chosen to arrive a couple of evenings early by arranging directly with the folks at the 4H campground where the FR rally is held).
Take your time, Travel Well and

Long Leaf Piners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #264
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Any good overnight areas probably near fort Wayne. We will be coming up from NC which brings us through Columbus OH and fort Wayne IN. Hoping to get within an hour or two of the rally the night before. Doesn't need any real amenities (electric might be nice though) as it will just be a place to get some shut eye. Would like to stay hooked up with a 40' fiver. Thanks.
Maybe Glenn Jurczyk or BombDoc can chime in here where BombDoc, Glenn and us stopped last year, seems it was within an hour or less from Goshen.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Maybe Glenn Jurczyk or BombDoc can chime in here where BombDoc, Glenn and us stopped last year, seems it was within an hour or less from Goshen.
I'll have to check my GPS, I think it was called lake sunnyside. Right off it either 27 or 29 the road will take you directly there. I'll have to check the name it's private and around 35.00 bucks a night. Had a little country store and things. I know Bombdoc know he made the reservations.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #266
Site Team - Lou

As I am a parking volunteer who will be trying to park 1000 rigs on Sunday:

If you can come in early; please feel free to do so.

To be aware of:

1) You must pay for your early campground fees (NOT included in your admission). Contact the fairgrounds AND be sure to tell them you are a rally participant. Public RV Camping | Elkhart County 4-H Fair and Fairgrounds

2) PM FROG BOB and N1JOH what day (and approximate time) you will be arriving and we will meet you at the gate and get you parked on your rally assigned home site so you don't have to move.

3) You will have my undying thanks for making my Sunday less hectic.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #267
Moderator Emeritus

Lou- I thought it starts sun. Do most arrive Sat or Sun? Sorry I'm one of those people that plans things out like crazy. That said, it never phases me to have to step back and punt or go with the flow.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #268

Quote:
Lou- I thought it starts sun. Do most arrive Sat or Sun? Sorry I'm one of those people that plans things out like crazy. That said, it never phases me to have to step back and punt or go with the flow.
Yes but some of us get in early to start setting early. Did you reg? If so just send Bob a pm when you are comming early and we can let them. Know what site you are on.
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #269
Moderator Emeritus

Ok thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #270
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Just sign up for rally I was number 645, spots are sure going fast for just starting Thursday.
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #271
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
We got in Saturday night around 5 or 6 last year, and I'd say about 2/3 of the spaces were already filled. Most of row where we were at was already done.

Still hoping I get to go this year, but so far, it's looking like the only way that's gonna happen is if I leave the DW at home and it's just me and the kids.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #272
2011 Berkshire 390BH

asquared - If you are traveling on the Indiana Turnpike, they have several Rest Areas with RV Hookups or you can park with the Trucks. These parking areas are very big. I have always stayed in one on my way to the Rally.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:26 AM   #273
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
You are right! It is still a busy weekend!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
WELL, in this one instance even Turbs, especially if Ms. Amy is with him to keep him in control.

[B]X2[B]. And I only know him from his antics...errr ...activity on this forum!!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Well, its official SYE and the Tiki hut will be there!! along with many from our Columbus group, let the Shenanigans begin!!
AWESOME NEWS SCOTT!! Anne-Marie & I are looking forward to seeing you and Vicki again!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #276
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineRock View Post
This is the only time that I seen Ms. Amy not keeping Thurbs in control.Attachment 72401

And to think, they are all standing outside my Sierra! This must have been taken during beer tasting! Not sure what Herk was looking at. lol

As some earlier posts mentioned the meeting of new people and making new friends, I've met some good friends (those in the picture and others that are missing) and we talk/text almost daily since 2013! We are meeting again in Nashville (along with 45+ more new friends!). And we will pick up right where we left off last year at Goshen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #277
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
And to think, they are all standing outside my Sierra! This must have been taken during beer tasting! Not sure what Herk was looking at. lol

As some earlier posts mentioned the meeting of new people and making new friends, I've met some good friends (those in the picture and others that are missing) and we talk/text almost daily since 2013! We are meeting again in Nashville (along with 45+ more new friends!). And we will pick up right where we left off last year at Goshen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
What you said!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #278
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post

We were all celebrating with Ms Amy about Turbs having finally passed out!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Bob, thanks for all the hard work so far we really don't know how you do it. Looking forward to another great year in Goshen and ready to help any way we can!!!! We are looking to upgrade our unit and if it's not a Forest River product Beth won't look at it, guess I got her trained well.
Funny you should say that Rennie! Anne-Marie and I went to the Chattanooga RV show this weekend and wound up hanging out with Jay (FR Cardinal rep) talking to a lot of potential buyers. I made that exact comment to a prospective buyer. Got to talking about FROG, the Goshen Rally, FROG Rallies all over the USA and FR's commitment to the owner & offering free repairs to FR owners at the rally.

Anne-Marie nudged me & I thought she wanted me to hush but what she wanted to see is I had attracted a crowd of about 8 couples

Wound up spending 20 more min getting to know some soon to be Forest River owners. Maybe I need to apply to FR for a job

BTW Rennie - if you are looking to upgrade, take a look at the 2016 Cardinal 3825FL -- THAT is a upgrade in anyone's book. It was the best looking rig at the show!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:16 AM   #280
Site Team - Lou

More info about the Rally

OK, just got off the phone and was reminded about something else that became a problem last year (Biggest rally till THAT date).

The areas that have the "ground boxes" (which will be nearly all sites except about 200 FHU sites) have 2 shared 30 amp sockets and you WILL need 30 to 50 amp dogbones if you have a 50 amp service plug. BE PREPARED.

The ground boxes are spaced 13 feet apart and if you park with the box in the EXACT center of your rear bumper EVERYONE will be able to open their awning fully.

HOWEVER, if you have an awning on your slide out, BE AWARE that you may not be able to get full extension on THAT slide-out awning. Be a pal, and wait till the site next to you has a camper in it to extend your awning fully. I would hate to have it torn off your camper by an inexperienced backer! This is especially important if you plan on leaving your site with the awning out!

Electrical usage.

This is a FAIRGROUND!

The ground box runs are LONG; but should provide plenty of power if campers are courteous about power usage. Last year is was HOT and air conditioners were running full blast. The 30 amp runs can handle that, BUT if everyone uses electric to run their water heaters and fridge in addition to the AC you will be screwing the folks at the end of the run.

They had a few issues with low voltage at the end of the runs. Folks at the beginning of the run had good voltage; folks at the end had their AC's bogging down (or EMS kicking off). Report any problems so they can get them fixed. Using the small amount of propane for your water heater and fridge is not too much to ask so that everyone can be comfortable.

Water pressure is AWESOME. Make sure you bring a pressure regulator.
More to come as I remember stuff.
Herk

Tags
frog