Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #361

We will be traveling near Goshen on a trip during the Rally. Can we just visit one day or is that not allowed? We have never been to an RV Rally before and would love to check it out and visit the factory where our Coachmen Freedom Express 254 DLX was built. Any help would be appreciated.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
LeeandMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #362

You might want to consider attending the coachmen rv rally in June. Held in goshen, indiana as well

http://www.coachmencaravanclub.com/d..._48thflyer.pdf

http://www.coachmencaravanclub.com/d..._48thflyer.pdf
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #363
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Wow my wife just got an email telling us that tour 4 was sold out, bummer, this is our Third year and we finally decided to take a tour. Sad!!!
SYE, Last year they added extra buses to that tour. They made it like golf scramble with each bus load starting at different locations,
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #364

Quote:
Wow my wife just got an email telling us that tour 4 was sold out, bummer, this is our Third year and we finally decided to take a tour. Sad!!!
Sorry to hear that Sye. The Brown Bag/Amish Wedding Feast tour was awesome. My wife and I are doing that again this year. I do have one complaint about that tour. As our bus took us hither and yon to the various stops we passed within a block or two of Rise’n Roll at least three times and didn’t stop there once. I believe that falls into the category of “cruel and unusual punishment.” Fortunately the food provided at the Amish Wedding Feast was so good, plentiful, and filling, I didn’t feel the need to hijack the bus and take it to the bakery.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #365
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's why we wanted to go this year, since we are just relaxing this week
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeandMick View Post
We will be traveling near Goshen on a trip during the Rally. Can we just visit one day or is that not allowed? We have never been to an RV Rally before and would love to check it out and visit the factory where our Coachmen Freedom Express 254 DLX was built. Any help would be appreciated.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
With an estimated 700 rigs and 1400+ people spread out all over the fairgrounds you really aren’t going to begin to get a taste of what the rally really is by stopping by one day. A much better idea would be to register and spend the entire 6 days with the rest of us. That way you can eat the food, tour the plant, get any issues you might have with your rig fix free of charge by factory technicians, attend the seminars, perhaps win one of the many attendance prizes, watch the entertainment, etc.

Speaking of entertainment, I think I still owe Bob for turning me into a ventriloquist’s dummy during one of the nights of entertainment two years ago. My wife still gets a hardy laugh when she thinks about it.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 04-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #367
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
With an estimated 700 rigs and 1400+ people spread out all over the fairgrounds you really aren’t going to begin to get a taste of what the rally really is by stopping by one day. A much better idea would be to register and spend the entire 6 days with the rest of us. That way you can eat the food, tour the plant, get any issues you might have with your rig fix free of charge by factory technicians, attend the seminars, perhaps win one of the many attendance prizes, watch the entertainment, etc.

Speaking of entertainment, I think I still owe Bob for turning me into a ventriloquist’s dummy during one of the nights of entertainment two years ago. My wife still gets a hardy laugh when she thinks about it.
Bob, all I added was the ventriloquist!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #368

Repair Request

Will there be a new thread for requesting repairs?
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Bob, all I added was the ventriloquist!
LOL! I really walked right into that one.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #370
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
LOL! I really walked right into that one.
:roflb lack:
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #371
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Will there be a new thread for requesting repairs?
You will get mail with a document included that has a form you will use for each "gripe" that you would like the tech's to look at. You will need your make, model and VIN to schedule service request(s).

Remember that your gripe may not be a FR gripe (like a Dometic fridge for example) and they will schedule a Dometic Rep to visit your camper site.
You will also need to fill out a "permission" slip if you want them to service you while you are away from your camp site doing a tour or attending a class.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #372
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Oh my, gripe is such a nasty way of putting it. Of all the RVs we've owned (and we've had several) we have never had many GRIPES. Our concern is the loud fan on yes, our Dometic refrigerator! We are not going to the International FROG Rally to gripe or have needless/ridiculous repairs made. In fact we didn't even know about repairs until last month!!! We are, however, concerned about the fan which has been supposedly repaired by CW and still makes a most unusually loud groan.

Thank you so much for your reply!
It's just a way of wording it. Gripe/complaint/problem all synonymous in this instance. I believe it's just like the sheet you fill out when you drop it off at the dealership for repairs. There is no judgement just help.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #373
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Oh my, gripe is such a nasty way of putting it. Of all the RVs we've owned (and we've had several) we have never had many GRIPES. Our concern is the loud fan on yes, our Dometic refrigerator! We are not going to the International FROG Rally to gripe or have needless/ridiculous repairs made. In fact we didn't even know about repairs until last month!!! We are, however, concerned about the fan which has been supposedly repaired by CW and still makes a most unusually loud groan.

Thank you so much for your reply!
Ooops: Pilot talk got in the way of RV talk.

When something is broken on the aircraft; the writeup to get it fixed is called a "Gripe". The Air Force Form 781 has a list of "Broken Items or Not to Spec things to fix" (Gripes) on the left and the corrective actions on the right.

While some gripes are "needless/ridiculous" as you say (like left front tire almost needs changing); the corrective actions are usually to the point; (Almost changed tire).

Old 04-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #374
cjearle

How do you get a form for repairs? My aviator has a couple of things the dealer can not deal with. Is there a packet that will be mailed out?
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #375
Director, FROG

Pretty much what Herk said. Once the dust settles a little on registration, we'll e-mail a notice that the service request form is available online on the FROG site.

You'll be able to download and complete the form and either mail it or scan and send it as an e-mail attachment (preferred). Just PLEASE don't take a photo of it and send me an 8-meg photo attachment as some did last year.

WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT WE'LL DO EVERYTHING THAT YOU REQUEST, but we try to take care of everything within reason, and some not within reason. Our focus is on safety issues, and on problems that are covered by warranty or would have been covered even if the warranty is now expired. It's not on upgrades -- I have fabric furniture and wish I had leather, or I wish I had power awnings, etc.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #376

We are looking forward to our first FR rally. The possibility of having repairs made and concerns looked at is a bonus. We are looking forward to meeting all the FR family in attendance.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #377
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Pretty much what Herk said. Once the dust settles a little on registration, we'll e-mail a notice that the service request form is available online on the FROG site.

You'll be able to download and complete the form and either mail it or scan and send it as an e-mail attachment (preferred). Just PLEASE don't take a photo of it and send me an 8-meg photo attachment as some did last year.

WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT WE'LL DO EVERYTHING THAT YOU REQUEST, but we try to take care of everything within reason, and some not within reason. Our focus is on safety issues, and on problems that are covered by warranty or would have been covered even if the warranty is now expired. It's not on upgrades -- I have fabric furniture and wish I had leather, or I wish I had power awnings, etc.
In addition to the complete information on the form, if you attach a JPG photo to the work order of the "issue," (caught heck for "Gripe"), it may help the tech's when they order parts.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #378
Carroll&Anne

Just registered for the rally, #848 looking forward to seeing everyone ,this will be our first Frog rally.
carroll Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #379

Quote:
Fridge was optioned when we ordered the Forester. I'm more than sure it's the fridge and not the converter. Will try your suggestion tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks.
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #380

Quote:
That's why we wanted to go this year, since we are just relaxing this week
Is the Friday tour sold out as well Scott?

And, like others have said, with 2 days of Brown Bag tours going on, I suspect they will add extra busses. Don't despair just yet

Also, Anne-Marie and I would like to organize a informal Lunch at Das Essenhaus & RV Hall of Fame tour on Thurdsay.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog