Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 05:28 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Bob looks like a great list of "approved vendors" selling stuff. Looks like my air ride pinbox might be a purchase this year.
I hate to be a bearer of bad news for you, unless they changed the design of the air ride pin box it will not fit on 8289WS. The spacing between the mount is bigger then what is designed on your unit. The revolution was framed in on 10" center. Someone else a couple of years ago tried to do that. You would have to have the pin box area redone to make it fit, I could be wrong but I don't think so. Not saying it can't be done, but it would have to be revamped. Hell OC'S a welded he can do it for you...You might want and check on that before you buy it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Also you can't even use the air ride hitch with a Revolution....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #62

I have try to do a small upgrade every year as you can not beat the price or service. 2013 I did equal flex and never fail bushings, 2014 did self adjusting brakes and love them both. This year looking at aluminum wheels or revolution hitch.
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #63
CCRVOC

RV Weigh-in at Goshen

I just found this website. If you want to make an appointment to get your RV weighed (for a fee) upon arrival or departure at Goshen hit this link FROG International.

Once you make an appointment you need to download a "Homework" sheet and fill it out and email it back to them or bring it with you.

Our appointment is made for 1-2pm on Saturday ! See yall there!
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You are certainly free to believe what you want, but it does work whether you believe it or not.
*Chuckles* So true OC - reminds me of a quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson (the "new" Carl Sagan):

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:27 PM   #65

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I hate to be a bearer of bad news for you, unless they changed the design of the air ride pin box it will not fit on 8289WS. The spacing between the mount is bigger then what is designed on your unit. The revolution was framed in on 10" center. Someone else a couple of years ago tried to do that. You would have to have the pin box area redone to make it fit, I could be wrong but I don't think so. Not saying it can't be done, but it would have to be revamped. Hell OC'S a welded he can do it for you...You might want and check on that before you buy it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Also you can't even use the air ride hitch with a Revolution....

They show this pin box on a Flagstaff in the video. Looks different than 5th airborne models.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:23 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post

They show this pin box on a Flagstaff in the video. Looks different than 5th airborne models.
It is different, your sidewinder is rated at 10,000 #. The one they show is a 16,000 # the turret is 2 1/2" bigger then the 10" spacing. I do not think etrailer even sells a 10,000 # sidewinder. see the dimensions needed to use it. I also see that they now have a air ride but it's 16,000 # rated. Why the 8289WS came with a 10,000 rated pin box is beyond me. That only gives us about 10% leeway. I also read that if your turret is to loose then your trailer is subject to sway. There was a post on here about some guy's trailer not pulling straight, that could be his problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pin box dem..jpg
Views:	143
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	82437  

Old 07-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #67

Speaking of Reese...

Does anyone know if Reese will be at Goshen? I would like to have their techs take a look at our hitch.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Speaking of Reese...

Does anyone know if Reese will be at Goshen? I would like to have their techs take a look at our hitch.
Just wondering Bob has it tightened up on you yet? I'm sure your getting the 6000 mile tow time. Can you you still push it with one finger?.. They weren't there last year but the designers where.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #69

Quote:
Just wondering Bob has it tightened up on you yet? I'm sure your getting the 6000 mile tow time. Can you you still push it with one finger?.. They weren't there last year but the designers where.
Glenn,

Yeah I can still move it with my finger but it *seems* to be getting tighter (we have 4,400 miles on the rig now) I can still "store" it under the front cap.

What with you, OC & others saying you cannot move yours, I am concerned something may be wrong and would like a Reese Pro to take a look at it for me at Goshen. Hope the designers show up again this year!
Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post
I just found this website. If you want to make an appointment to get your RV weighed (for a fee) upon arrival or departure at Goshen hit this link FROG International.

Once you make an appointment you need to download a "Homework" sheet and fill it out and email it back to them or bring it with you.

We did that last year. It is a 2 part process. We went over to them Friday with the truck packed as close to travel as possible (I even loaded a full ice chest). They weigh your TV on all 4 wheels.

Your Sat appointment will be with your rig and they will weigh everything (it takes them about 30 min). They will then go over all the weights with you and explain any immediate concerns. About 4 weeks post-rally you will get a comprehensive weight report with a toll free number to call if you have any questions.

We were happy to see that the weight police would not be ticketing us (400 Lbs under max). They did discover a front-rear imbalance that was remedied by raising our kingpin receiver a notch.

IMO, well worth the money.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
True, in my case one bearing was not torqued properly, but the technicians were overworked and dog tired by the time they got to me. Lippert made good and I am a "Happy Camper". I hope to see them there again this year!
X2 Lou. We bought a set of JT Strongarms last year and their install techs goofed and did not install the JTs. Worse, they misplaced the set we bought

Lippert was golden though and drop shipped a set to our local FR Dealership and paid their techs to install the JTs on our 5er.

Lippert DEFINATELY has my repeat business!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Glenn,

Yeah I can still move it with my finger but it *seems* to be getting tighter (we have 4,400 miles on the rig now) I can still "store" it under the front cap.

What with you, OC & others saying you cannot move yours, I am concerned something may be wrong and would like a Reese Pro to take a look at it for me at Goshen. Hope the designers show up again this year!
If they are there again, send them my way, I still have few questions, since I talked to the Cequent rep....

Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post

Thanks Ramblin Recks for the link.
I'm signed up for Sat Noon to 1PM when we arrive.

Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #74

It would be great to have FlexSteel furniture rep available.
For us motorhome owners who are looking to upgrade to a better set of Captain chairs up front.

FROG Bob.... Any good local contact for upgrading our Captains Chairs?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #75

Slide topper, Satellite vendors

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
nicmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #76

Send a message via AIM to wlhpas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado2500HD View Post
I would like to see vendors for slide toppers, a TST rep and a Lippert rep to discuss their leveling system.

Silverado2500HD
How about Camping World for all kinds of items ie: t/p, lights, sewer hose and sewer hose adapters. What happened to yhose people that weighed units ( 2 years ago)? Probably too late for this year, but great thought for next year.
wlhpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #77
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmar View Post
Slide topper, Satellite vendors

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Winegard and Elkhart Satellite will be there. Dometic should have slide toppers.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #78
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlhpas View Post
How about Camping World for all kinds of items ie: t/p, lights, sewer hose and sewer hose adapters. What happened to yhose people that weighed units ( 2 years ago)? Probably too late for this year, but great thought for next year.
Arrow Distributing, who is in the business of setting up and stocking dealers' parts stores around the country will be there. They have a massive warehouse in Elkhart. If you're looking for something that they don't have in their booth, they can usually have it there the next day.

The folks from RV Safety Education Foundation will be weighing units again this year.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #79

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
If they are there again, send them my way, I still have few questions, since I talked to the Cequent rep....
I can use some advice for mine as well. Need to know about how it seems to grab at times when it has weight on it. X3 for Sideweinder service visit.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #80

FROG Bob - Do you know if anyone from Reese Hitches will be there this year?

Tags
frog