Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #2281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
This is done not understand, the cost for a week to camp is 350.00, you get free service work done and fed. If you don't like the food eat at home or out. The 350.00 is worth the camping. DO you think FR. Is making any money on this rally? Stop and look at what your getting for 350.00 bucks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Your math is a little off. At the fairgrounds having 30 amp electric and water hookup it’s $23 dollars a night, for six nights of camping that is $138.00. For full hookups with 50 amp service it is $30 a night, that’s $180 for six nights of camping.

Regardless of the rally fee, the food wasn't good.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #2282

Has any a report on the couple and there dog that was injured Friday night at the concert?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #2283

Quirky Collection

Friday Joyce and I went on the optional Quirky Collection Tour. Our first stop was at the Elcar Pedal Power Museum. It is a private collection of approximately 400 pedal cars. Boy, this outstanding collection really brought back long forgotten memories to me. Here are just a few pics of the many cars on display.

This was my favorite, a vintage pedal car pulling a vintage style travel trailer. I wanted to move the little boat out of the way for the picture but I wasn’t about to touch anything.

More pedal cars.

You can't have a pedal car collection without having a collectable car wash kit.

Along with the small cars the collection also included some antique autos too.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 08-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #2284

More Quirky Collection

Our lunch break on the Quirky Collection Tour was at Heinnies restaurant in Elkhart. Afterwards we went to another private collection of military vehicles and memorabilia. I think this was of more interest to the men rather than the women on the tour.

I was surprised to see this collection included a Korean War era helicopter, a Bell H-13 (I think.)

He had quite a collection of military vehicles.

Interesting little motorcycle.

Along with military vehicles he had other collectable vehicles including this Tuk Tuk from Thailand.

The most interesting vehicle for me was this Messerschmitt three wheeler.

It must be nice to have money.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 08-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #2285
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Because of the poor quality of the food served at the rally this year I have a suggestion for the 2017 rally. Instead of including all the breakfasts and four evening meals with the registration fee, lower the price and offer only one or two special evening meals of high quality. Fewer meals would also benefit the area restaurants and grocery stores.
Sounds like a personnel problem. Few folks complained. I was there last year all was well. As I said before you can please some of the people some of the time and not all the the people all the time. You get a lot for the price you pay for the rally. Frog Bob does one heck of a job to make this happen. You try and feed 2000 folks and see what you get for a response on your caterer. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:45 PM   #2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Any chance you could of been around some questionable individuals?

Russell

Well there was some, but I'm sure they were busy doing other things😳😂😂Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471826732.687182.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	118040
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #2287

I spoke with Cindy at breakfast Saturday morning. Couple was checked out by EMTs Friday night and they are okay. The EMTs told the lady she would be sore a few days, but nothing seemed to be broken. The dog seemed to be fine when I saw them on the golf cart with Frog Bob & Cindy heading to their RV Friday night.
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineRock View Post
Well there was some, but I'm sure they were busy doing other things😳😂😂Attachment 118040

Hard to figure how he could lose his plate when these gentlemen would be around to find it and return it ??

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #2289

2016 International Annual Frog Rally August 14 to 20 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Hard to figure how he could lose his plate when these gentlemen would be around to find it and return it ??

Russell

These fine gentleman had already left before the tiki kart plate came up missing, but I'm sure they would've had fun tracking it down😜😂
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:08 PM   #2290

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
These fine gentleman had already left before the tiki kart plate came up missing, but I'm sure they would've had fun tracking it down����
There was 1 PPST left and 2 associate members on Friday.. Some of us know the associates can not be trusted!!:rollback:

I don't think Sye (PPST) would steal his own plate....

Looks like a detective job for someone...
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #2291
DW of Silhouette Penny

Quote:
These fine gentleman had already left before the tiki kart plate came up missing, but I'm sure they would've had fun tracking it down😜😂
I'm still looking for the gentlemen in the picture.
Labdudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Your math is a little off. At the fairgrounds having 30 amp electric and water hookup it’s $23 dollars a night, for six nights of camping that is $138.00. For full hookups with 50 amp service it is $30 a night, that’s $180 for six nights of camping.

Regardless of the rally fee, the food wasn't good.

We were first timers and really enjoyed the Rally. Especially how Forest River(Prime Time), Lippert, and Dometic stepped up with service work.

If you did not have any service work performed however it was expensive for the camping and food. Fee for two was $475 - $138(camping) = $337 for food, plant tours, seminars, ice cream, and entertainment. We did 3 plant tours(maybe $10 each expense $30), seminars were normally trying to sell something (free), five ice creams ($20), two concerts ($40), leaving $247 for food. Six breakfasts and four dinners times two is 20 meals or $12.35/meal. Two days we missed breakfast because of work being performed on our unit which was much more important than food.

As far as food quality, I have had better and we had heard from other attendees that prior years were better. I was a little surprised when they put green beans in the scrambled eggs. Maybe the beans were left over from the night before?

We have met some great people at the rally and will probably attend again.

Thanks to all the volunteers that parked RV's, registered everyone, and drove the golf cart shuttles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	118051   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6398.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	118052   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6403.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	118053  
drelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #2293

Diane and I had a great time again this year. We had the opportunity to be parked with a great group of people(B&B, dblr, RV Chick, Turbs, Aquaman, PineRock, Cousin Eddy) and if I have forgotten or misspelled any names I am sorry). Also, we met up with Ken F, who we met last year and enjoy his whit. SYE you always welcome us and we thank you for that. Also, youroo it is always a pleasure to see you and we enjoy your whit. We are looking forward in meeting you all again. Thank you for your hospitality.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #2294

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Sounds like a personnel problem. Few folks complained. I was there last year all was well. As I said before you can please some of the people some of the time and not all the the people all the time. You get a lot for the price you pay for the rally. Frog Bob does one heck of a job to make this happen. You try and feed 2000 folks and see what you get for a response on your caterer. Later RJD

Few folks complained? I heard many, many, many complaints on the food. People are trying hard to separate Bob and the great job he does from the basically lousy food and that is fair. But the food was poor. Live and learn.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:02 AM   #2295
TJB

Someone said it was a little pricey if didn't get any service done. The friendship made with forest river people and all the frog members there is PRICELESS.
TJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:54 AM   #2296

Some complain just to complain they will always find something to make a major production out of it instead recieving what this was intended for meeting fellow RVers n learn ne trucks to make camping more enjoyable and also to get a few major items fixed. At the same time learn how to find and fix things before they become a MAJOR disaster. One need to learn to sit back a enjoy life. Job well done Bob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!and the entire frog team
Rangerdrvr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #2297

FROG Rally 2016 – Pros and Cons

I have seen comments on the forum about the 2016 rally and wanted to put my two cents in. I believe Bob does a good job and no other company provides this sort of rally. This was our second year, so we are able to make a comparison. The weather certainly didn’t help matters, and while Bob is generally omnipotent, I believe weather is still out of his purview. My comments are observations. Since I don’t run the show, I have no real suggestions about improvements.

Pros:

All the volunteers did their best to make this a wonderful event.

SERVICE! The XLR service guys and Bob the XLR plant manager were simply first-rate again this year. Diane was always available and helpful. We didn’t have anything really “wrong” with our toy hauler, but they did some general checking and replaced a recalled electrical connector. Now we don’t have to go to the dealer.

The camaraderie. Lots of old friends and the opportunity to make new ones.

The fairgrounds make a good central location for all the factories and the attractions.

We went on the Notre Dame and South Bend tour and it was great. Learned about and saw lots of interesting stuff at ND, the Studebaker Museum, The Oliver Museum, and the Studebaker and Oliver mansions. Excellent.

Shuttles and gold carts were numerous and always running.

The ice cream in the afternoon was great.

The vendors were a good mix and very friendly. The layout was good as well.

The tour of the XLR facility was excellent and very thorough. Brent the GM was gracious and patient with our questions. The employees were friendly and helpful. I can see why my toy hauler is so well made and I’m sure I saw my next one being built. ;-)

Cons:

Three XLRs were parked way away from the XLR group this year even though there were empty spaces where the XLRs were. Those spaces were eventually filled, but not with XLRs. This was unexpected and inconvenient for us and the service folks. We have a carry-in party for the XLR techs and management each year on Thursday and being separated didn’t make that any easier. We objected to the parking volunteers and Bob before setting up but in the end didn’t want to make a scene. This might be a deal-breaker next year.

We were blocked in for the week by Berkshire rigs and had to wait until several RVs left before we could leave Saturday.

We had a short space and couldn’t use the ramp to get the bike in and out of the garage. With all the rain, that was not optimal.

I think the number of rigs may have grown to a hard-to-manage size. I don’t have a solution for what the maximum number of rigs should be.

The food was mediocre and definitely not as good as last year. We were one of the tables that went without dinner Sunday night and that started the event on a sour note. Shame on the hogs that took three and four servings before others could get their first serving. The other meals were not up to last year’s standard and we ended up not eating breakfast and the final two dinners at the rally. I’m sure Bob tested the caterer’s wares and it reminds me of a software program…the demo is much different than the reality of the application in use. I have seen some comments about having a two-tiered event where food would be at an additional charge. That works for us, based on this year’s food.

So not complaining or whining. Just sayin...
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #2298

Not sure who was responsible for the corn that was passed out at the rally. We ate it tonight at home. It was very good. Thank you very much, we had a wonderful week. Looking forward to next year already.
MURRAY5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #2299
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRAY5476 View Post
Not sure who was responsible for the corn that was passed out at the rally. We ate it tonight at home. It was very good. Thank you very much, we had a wonderful week. Looking forward to next year already.

Thank the guy that delivered it, mike stump!

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
The food and meals was the BIG complaint about the FROG. It wasn't a few, it was everyone we were around. We fought the crowd for a meal Sunday nite, never went back. What Concert? This is first I heard about a Concert
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog