Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #1191
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 10,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Between Rockwood and Flagstaff, we had 100+ units in at last year's Rally.
There were 30 V-Nose units at last years Rally including 1 R-pod V-Nose! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:13 AM   #1192
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 4,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
There were 30 V-Nose units at last years Rally including 1 R-pod V-Nose! Youroo!!
The V-Nose R-Pod. I think he added storage on the rear of his small trailer too. I wonder how much weight that added to that little single axle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7460.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	831.4 KB
ID:	105407
__________________

__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #1193
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The V-Nose R-Pod. I think he added storage on the rear of his small trailer too. I wonder how much weight that added to that little single axle?

Attachment 105407
He took me in it for a tour of it, the man is amazing, in the back he put a generator and everything, modified shelves etc. Made the Rpod more livable also had his own air conditioner too.
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2013 Columbus 295RL
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93 nights, 2017 28 Nights Reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #1194
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
He took me in it for a tour of it, the man is amazing, in the back he put a generator and everything, modified shelves etc. Made the Rpod more livable also had his own air conditioner too.
It almost makes you wonder why there's a statement in this year's service request form saying that Forest River will not be responsible for problems created by owners' modifications, doesn't it?
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #1195
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
It almost makes you wonder why there's a statement in this year's service request form saying that Forest River will not be responsible for problems created by owners' modifications, doesn't it?
This is where I think a spring/early summer rally would be good for those who don't have or need very little service, but have ideas to modify and can work with techs/designers. Even have those who want to, shadow a tech for a day, or the week, to learn how certain repairs are done. Make it a "learning camp". How amazing would that be? Seminars are nice, but those are usually better for products. Hands on (eyes on) repairs are invaluable. Plus the chance to talk up designers/engineers and give them real life experiences and hear from them the engineering difficulties of why something may not be possible.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #1196
Looking Down Range
 
SkipnTerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
This is where I think a spring/early summer rally would be good for those who don't have or need very little service, but have ideas to modify and can work with techs/designers. Even have those who want to, shadow a tech for a day, or the week, to learn how certain repairs are done. Make it a "learning camp". How amazing would that be? Seminars are nice, but those are usually better for products. Hands on (eyes on) repairs are invaluable. Plus the chance to talk up designers/engineers and give them real life experiences and hear from them the engineering difficulties of why something may not be possible.
x10
__________________
2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #1197
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,991
That a great idea and I would love to do that also. But I'm sure liability concerns (rightfully so) will never allow us to do that.

Russell
__________________
CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #1198
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
That a great idea and I would love to do that also. But I'm sure liability concerns (rightfully so) will never allow us to do that.

Russell
That's why I added the "eyes on" comment. I would also be happy to sign a waiver and show proof of insurance. Granted there are certain tasks that just should not be done by a novice, but I'm talking more of plumbing fixes, windows, doors, hatches, slide adjustments/repairs, etc. My biggest thing would be to talk with their engineers/designers.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #1199
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 10,037
Drink with Engineers! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:16 AM   #1200
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,017
How's the old saying go, "Yesterday I couldn't spell engineer, today I are one".
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.