Old 04-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #1201

Two international rallies a year would be awesome.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #1202

2016 International Annual Frog Rally August 14 to 20 2016

I've been on several factory tours-- farm equip, semi,s, RV,s , food processing plant and even a hog packing plant.

Every time I've been on one I'm just amazed that they still do them. Especially on a large scale. Everyone now days so lawsuit happy!!

But why don't you make that project #1 on your list for this year Aquaman. I'll be one of the first to sign up. I just 200 mile from factory.

Now I toured the Ben & Jerry ice cream factory (in Vermont I think). They got it figured out. You are always behind glass the whole time. Never in the actual production area.

Russell

Old 04-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #1203
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
I've been on several factory tours-- farm equip, semi,s, RV,s , food processing plant and even a hog packing plant.

Every time I've been on one I'm just amazed that they still do them. Especially on a large scale. Everyone now days so lawsuit happy!!

But why don't you make that project #1 on your list for this year Aquaman. I'll be one of the first to sign up. I just 200 mile from factory.

Now I toured the Ben & Jerry ice cream factory (in Vermont I think). They got it figured out. You are always behind glass the whole time. Never in the actual production area.

Russell
I'm all over it! There is a reason for the glass at B&J's and it's not for the safety of the visitors!
Old 04-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #1204

O. They got a store for that!! They gave us a sample. Then sold us plenty!!

Russell
Old 04-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
This is where I think a spring/early summer rally would be good for those who don't have or need very little service, but have ideas to modify and can work with techs/designers. Even have those who want to, shadow a tech for a day, or the week, to learn how certain repairs are done. Make it a "learning camp". How amazing would that be? Seminars are nice, but those are usually better for products. Hands on (eyes on) repairs are invaluable. Plus the chance to talk up designers/engineers and give them real life experiences and hear from them the engineering difficulties of why something may not be possible.

So basically what you are saying is you want Forest River to show you how to be a complete RV repairman in a few short days at a rally. Is that right??

While two rallies would be great, I donít think Forest River would want to absorb the cost of sending technicians and repairmen to two rallies every year. To be honest, I am absolutely amazed that they do this once a year. The cost must be staggering if, along with the free parts and labor, you include the slow-down or even the stoppage of RV production for that week.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #1206
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
So basically what you are saying is you want Forest River to show you how to be a complete RV repairman in a few short days at a rally. Is that right??

While two rallies would be great, I donít think Forest River would want to absorb the cost of sending technicians and repairmen to two rallies every year. To be honest, I am absolutely amazed that they do this once a year. The cost must be staggering if, along with the free parts and labor, you include the slow-down or even the stoppage of RV production for that week.
I'm not saying that at all. I can do most everything on an RV now, and would not be afraid to tackle anything. I may even be able to show them a thing or two. What I am saying, is that it would be nice to be able to show others how to repair something if they are on the road or just want to make a simple repair themselves and not have to mess with a dealer. FROG is already contemplating having another rally, so it's not like I'm the one suggesting it. I'm just giving ideas to what I would like to see. As stated before, maybe have the first rally for those that need very little service and hold repair seminars. No need for the large count of techs as in the fall.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #1207
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Maybe even have it as, you do your own repair (to an extent) with the help, parts, and advice of a technician.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurveyorWI View Post
Two international rallies a year would be awesome.

Bob just had a stroke. 😜
Old 04-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #1209

Frog Bob thrives on stress!!

Russell
Old 04-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #1210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post

All of these are good ideas but I believe it could be more educational and more memorable (for future reference) with complete literature with step-by-step instructions for each subject matter. If this is available now for GT units I would buy it.

Tags
frog