Old 05-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #1461
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Attending a couple of the smaller FROG rallies is one of the best ways to meet new people and friends. Then going to the big rally, you may already know 10-20% of the people there, of which you will meet friends they have met along the way. The world gets small. While attending this last Tadpole Rally, I met people that knew and worked with my step-dad!

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #1462
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
The biggest thing missing at Good Sam Rallies and others we have gone to over the years is the family atmosphere and friendship felt at FROG even with 700 plus rigs. Other rallies just don't have that closeness. Now I am sure this site has something to do with everyone knowing each other to a degree but its not all of it. Bob and his crew at Forest River appear to work hard on insuring everyone is treated as if they are the ONLY people there. I for one do not want to give that up just to have bigger numbers. Please don't allow numbers to destroy the family feelings of a FROG rally.

You are sooooo correct Forbes!!! FROG Bob and his crew really do an amazing job!! Bob never meets a stranger, and he remembers everyone!! Thanks to FROG, we have our dream camper (although that dream keeps dreaming of a certain Berk I had the pleasure of touring while at the Tadpole rally...."thank you Bob", as Kenny will say when he reads this!), and we have met the most amazing friends!! We purposely attend as many FROG organized rallies as we can, simply because of all those friendships!!

Speaking of the Tadpole rally that was just recently held, there was a couple in the CG, that came up to our campfire and asked us about our rally, and what we loved about it. They didn't own a FR product, but saw the large group of FR campers together and wanted to hear what it was that we liked about our rallies. Friendships that are formed out of the rallies was the top answer! Turned out that the wife was a rally organizer for their group...they own those cool trucks like Dblr drives and carries a smart car on it. Anyways, they were intrigued about how FR owners love their rallies and the number of people that they draw in!!
Also if not for this FRF, I would never have found FROG, and thank you FRF for all the friendships I have met in person and all the phriends I know through you!!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #1463

Talking

Y'all need to remember that you are NOT allowed to remove family members from the family tree..........no matter how much you might want to.

Just making sure y'all know that rule. A bro' is a bro' for life. I spent a lot of money to get adopted into this family and while I don't expect to get a seat at the head of the table at our 'reunions', I do 'spect to get a biscuit! I'm sure some of y'all will have mixed emotions after meeting me........I'm not 100% all there, I admit...... but as of yesterday I'm ALL in, and you can't get rid of me.

Besides, I figure if Turbs is still a bro', I will prolly be ok.........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #1464
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Interestingly enough, last year's rally with 716 rigs ran smoothly (thanks to all the volunteers!) Wait lines at dinner (which was served at a specific time each day) was not that bad for 1,400+ people. Never really felt "crowded" at any time. When you were at your campsite with your friends it was like any other RV park.

Will we go to 1,000 rigs next year? Maybe. Is that a big rally? Hardly!

We are small potatoes compared to the Annual FMCA or Good Sam Rallies. FMCA/Perry GA had just south of 3,000 rigs this year - I believe Good Sam was over 5,000

Having said that...I DO loves our BamaGanza (and all the other small Rallies!) We still have some open spaces for BamaGanza, so y'all come on down!
Might try to make that one some time. Not too far for us in LA.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #1465
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Y'all need to remember that you are NOT allowed to remove family members from the family tree..........no matter how much you might want to.

Just making sure y'all know that rule. A bro' is a bro' for life. I spent a lot of money to get adopted into this family and while I don't expect to get a seat at the head of the table at our 'reunions', I do 'spect to get a biscuit! I'm sure some of y'all will have mixed emotions after meeting me........I'm not 100% all there, I admit...... but as of yesterday I'm ALL in, and you can't get rid of me.

Besides, I figure if Turbs is still a bro', I will prolly be ok.........

I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
You are sooooo correct Forbes!!! FROG Bob and his crew really do an amazing job!! Bob never meets a stranger, and he remembers everyone!! Thanks to FROG, we have our dream camper (although that dream keeps dreaming of a certain Berk I had the pleasure of touring while at the Tadpole rally...."thank you Bob", as Kenny will say when he reads this!), and we have met the most amazing friends!! We purposely attend as many FROG organized rallies as we can, simply because of all those friendships!!

Speaking of the Tadpole rally that was just recently held, there was a couple in the CG, that came up to our campfire and asked us about our rally, and what we loved about it. They didn't own a FR product, but saw the large group of FR campers together and wanted to hear what it was that we liked about our rallies. Friendships that are formed out of the rallies was the top answer! Turned out that the wife was a rally organizer for their group...they own those cool trucks like Dblr drives and carries a smart car on it. Anyways, they were intrigued about how FR owners love their rallies and the number of people that they draw in!!
Also if not for this FRF, I would never have found FROG, and thank you FRF for all the friendships I have met in person and all the phriends I know through you!!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
RV Chick they spoke very highly of the group there when I asked them if you all were making to much noise
Old 05-12-2016, 04:23 PM   #1467
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

He was very interesting to talk to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #1468

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
He was very interesting to talk to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
He was pulling a "HOG" unit,do they go to "HOG" Rallies Dblr? Youroo!!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Might try to make that one some time. Not too far for us in LA.
Try to make BamaGanza! That way we aren't the only Louisiana folks there!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #1470
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
RV Chick they spoke very highly of the group there when I asked them if you all were making to much noise

Lol!!!
We told him he aint seen nothin compared to the phat phrog shenanigans at the International Rally!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog