Old 03-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #221
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
In which tone should we take this statement? Will it still be safe to bring the kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

That's debatable

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"

Old 03-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The fairgrounds are huge and yes, it might be quite a walk to get to some of the activities. But you donít necessarily have to walk, FROG provides shuttles and golf cart taxis that drive around the fairgrounds all day long. At least they did last year and I would think they would be doing this again this year, and yes, itís free.

This is my wife hard at work as a FROG volunteer driving one of the many taxis.
Attachment 101049

Hey Oakman, we hitched a ride with her (Joie Chitwood) once last year...

Seriously, we brought our bikes last year and USED THEM. We were parked UP in the NE corner which was OK with us as it was far away from the nightly trains and we could almost look over the sprawling fairgrounds from there. (don't know why but, I swear that bike told me I was peddling uphill both ways...) The many shuttles do not run on any schedules. If you see one coming, be ready to jump on or start walking and another will come along.

I will guaranty you no mater where you end up, you will make good (and lasting) friends!

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #223
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Not to argue but to clarify there was 3-4 class A's in the NE that had no chance of getting level. We all had more cribbing than was safe to use. We would've had to go to the lumber yard to get enough. It's done and Mike B came through with a new site. All is great and this is not a complaint just feed back. We had a terrific time at the rally and look forward to this year.
I did say we are looking at other options for the larger Class A RVs because with hobo parking we may need to restrict that row to smaller campers.
The NE Supervisor is very familiar with the sites that had the worst problems and has a plan for dealing with it.

Hopefully everyone will still have a safe and great rally again this year.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
I did say we are looking at other options for the larger Class A RVs because with hobo parking we may need to restrict that row to smaller campers.
The NE Supervisor is very familiar with the sites that had the worst problems and has a plan for dealing with it.

Hopefully everyone will still have a safe and great rally again this year.

I agree, when we met the NE supervisor he inquired whether we had enough "blocks" to work with. Being we had "graduated" from a TT to a 5th (with auto leveling) just months before attending the Rally, I still had my extensive collection of planks & blocks. I told him "no problem" we would make it work. He parked us and when all was said and done, I had 2 wheels OFF the ground once level with the auto leveling system!
Old 03-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Hey Oakman, we hitched a ride with her (Joie Chitwood) once last year...

I think Turbs taught her how to corner on two wheels.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:30 PM   #226
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I agree, when we met the NE supervisor he inquired whether we had enough "blocks" to work with. Being we had "graduated" from a TT to a 5th (with auto leveling) just months before attending the Rally, I still had my extensive collection of planks & blocks. I told him "no problem" we would make it work. He parked us and when all was said and done, I had 2 wheels OFF the ground once level with the auto leveling system!
That is a great point. Will talk to Bob about maybe a check block on the registration for autolevel system.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #227
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I think Turbs taught her how to corner on two wheels.

Just wait till I show her the one wheel vin number check!

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 03-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #228

Quote:
That is a great point. Will talk to Bob about maybe a check block on the registration for autolevel system.

A Berkshire with auto level is still limited. It's not a magic system it's just auto level. We can't have the front or rear wheels off the ground. I for one have no desire to prop up a 33000 lb Motorhome. I only mentioned this as a suggestion to avoid the issue we had last year.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #229

Quote:

Don't get me wrong....I was OK with it (although my neighbor may have had some reservations..) I did wedge more blocks under the tires just in case (and to make my neighbor RiderBloke feel better)
Old 03-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
A Berkshire with auto level is still limited. It's not a magic system it's just auto level. We can't have the front or rear wheels off the ground. I for one have no desire to prop up a 33000 lb Motorhome. I only mentioned this as a suggestion to avoid the issue we had last year.
To expand on what Phil is saying it is not safe to have the wheels of a 30000lb motorhome off the ground or a large fifth wheel for that matter even if the auto level system will do it. The manual even says it is not safe. Hopefully this will be taken into consideration this year.

I will add that the volunteers did a great job last year. It is not easy to park 800 rigs in such a short period of time and my hat is off to them and Frog Bob for all their hard work.

Tags
frog