Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #781
Censored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurveyorWI View Post
Enjoy the chaos and madness along with parking inches away from your neighbor. Attended in 2013 and 2014 and that's enough. It was fun and a great time but the rally in my opinion hasn't gotten out of control with people abusing the process mainly only going for "FREE" service. Get rid of the free service or reduced it greatly and attendance will drop 90% in my opinion. Very unfortunate that many folks abuse it. I have bought a new unit every year and paid the price to have something new and its unfair to service "OLD" units like new because people didn't take care of their unit or just rely on taking advantage of this rally to restore their old unit with free service and parts. It's one thing to fix items on units up to 5 years old but after that you should be on your own and expense. Absolutely no incentive for folks to buy new when they just go to this rally and whine and cry to get free parts and service on stuff that absolutely is worn out and out of warranty long time ago.

For the folks that truly don't abuse the process and truly go to enjoy the rally with fellow FROG's, hat's off to you but you are the tiny majority. Very SAD indeed!!!!

I understand how you feel. If Forest River quit making repairs at the rally the numbers would probably be more like a hundred rigs if that. Last year I was surprised how many RVers were leaving on Wednesday and Thursday. Repairs were done so they were outta there.

From what I saw, the clubs use the Goshen Rally to piggyback their own rally on it and pretty much stick together. Apparently they feel they are too good to associate with those of us with lower end rigs.

Regardless, I had a great time at the Goshen Rally last year and met some really nice folks.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:42 AM   #782
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
I understand how you feel. If Forest River quit making repairs at the rally the numbers would probably be more like a hundred rigs if that. Last year I was surprised how many RVers were leaving on Wednesday and Thursday. Repairs were done so they were outta there.

From what I saw, the clubs use the Goshen Rally to piggyback their own rally on it and pretty much stick together. Apparently they feel they are too good to associate with those of us with lower end rigs.

Regardless, I had a great time at the Goshen Rally last year and met some really nice folks.

Sure registration would be down as that is only one of many draws!
I think 90% is a little exaggerated.

Hmmmmm maybe there is a polling question in all this.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:52 AM   #783

I am going to 5 FR rally this year and not one is because of a need. They are to enjoy.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #784
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

I'm not sure how the "clubs" you speak of act, but I can tell you there is one such "club" (PHat PHrogs) that does nothing but make everyone feel welcome and inviting. We've put on potluck dinners for 200 people the first year (covered the cost of meat/buns/condiments out of our own pockets) and 400 people the 2nd year we attended (2014). We also held cornhole tournaments, beer and wine tastings, and nightly story telling. We were mostly absent last year, but will be there this year (except 1 &#128577. I know there are clubs that keep mostly to themselves, but that is a small number of the total attendance, but more importantly there are others that want to make you feel welcome and would love to meet each and everyone of you. Put yourself out there and you will find a smiling face (although it may not be pretty).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #785
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hanging out with the PPST is great
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #786
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

You must not have come to the TIKI HUT, he had fun there every night
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #787
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
We just registered. #1746. Does anyone know how we volunteer? We both did last year.
Juju, we love volunteers! Please send me an e-mail with the word "VOLUNTEER" as the subject, and let me know what you're interested in doing. There are also volunteer opportunities throughout the week, and you can just stop by the FROG office in the vendor area and offer to help.

We need people to help with parking and registration, to drive golf cart shuttles, to help people get on the right tour buses, make sure the caterers get to the right place for service tech lunches, and lots more. Volunteers are very much the lifeblood of the FROG Rally!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #788
cjearle

Quote:

Y'all are making it sound bad! Last year was my first Rally. There was only two Aviators so really can't call us a club. We got on our bike and visited the groups and talked with lots of people and made new friends.
Yes there were probably some that took advantage. But there were a lot who did not and had a blast. There are and were a lot of good friendly people who volunteered and did a fabulous job! I hope I can get in and register every year for this. So much fun.
I am really sorry to see and hear this negativity !
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #789
cjearle

And also. The RVers you mention that left early ! Some are working people needed a couple days driving time home and a day to unpack campers so they could go to work on Monday.
And i know of two campers one being a friend their wives had fallen needed to go home.
So please don't judge people unless you the cold hard facts. Just saying. I really don't want people to tarnish this rally. There are great people organizing this event and need more respect than your giving. My momma used to say:
"If you can't say anything nice then don't say it at all!"
Y'all try and have a great day!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #790
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I'm not sure how the "clubs" you speak of act, but I can tell you there is one such "club" (PHat PHrogs) that does nothing but make everyone feel welcome and inviting. We've put on potluck dinners for 200 people the first year (covered the cost of meat/buns/condiments out of our own pockets) and 400 people the 2nd year we attended (2014). We also held cornhole tournaments, beer and wine tastings, and nightly story telling. We were mostly absent last year, but will be there this year (except 1 &#128577. I know there are clubs that keep mostly to themselves, but that is a small number of the total attendance, but more importantly there are others that want to make you feel welcome and would love to meet each and everyone of you. Put yourself out there and you will find a smiling face (although it may not be pretty).

Well said Aquaman! We (Phat Phrogs) couldn't make Goshen last year and decided to meet up in Nashville, TN. Not only did we decide on our own to meet there, we filled the entire campground with folks from all over the country (Canada too!) for almost a week. And people had all kinds of FR products from R-Pods to Class A's. All for the sole purpose of having fellowship and fun. I don't recall anyone not enjoying the beer tasting, cornhole tournament, horseshoe tournament, FR provided meal, or the cornhole board raffle (for charity) and final get together we had there.
Sure will miss all of you this year, but I'm sure you'll be spreading friendship and camaraderie wherever ya'll are
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #791
cjearle

Volunteers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Juju, we love volunteers! Please send me an e-mail with the word "VOLUNTEER" as the subject, and let me know what you're interested in doing. There are also volunteer opportunities throughout the week, and you can just stop by the FROG office in the vendor area and offer to help.

We need people to help with parking and registration, to drive golf cart shuttles, to help people get on the right tour buses, make sure the caterers get to the right place for service tech lunches, and lots more. Volunteers are very much the lifeblood of the FROG Rally!
Frog Bob,
I also want to volunteer. You folks are amazing and would fun to help you folks out.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #792
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

2016 International Annual Frog Rally August 14 to 20 2016

Oh and do you remember the phat phrogs helping the elderly couple remove a rocking recliner from there class A motorhome and then installing the new one for them?
The nice lady was handicapped and needed a wheel chair lift in order to get herself in and out of the motorhome! Now that's dedication.
Pretty sure that makes us Heroes in the eyes of the couple we helped!

Ppst is not a stuffy nose in the air group!

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #793
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post

Well said!! We met so many wonderful people. Hope to meet many more this year!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #794
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Got in with our registration, also said that we won the use of a golf cart for the entire week. I love how Frog Bob throws in these surprise gifts. I will be bringing a big logging chain to secure it at night. Golf cart theft is high in that area.
Be sure to lock it up tight! I can tell you that there are scoundrels that took mine a few years ago. I still have Herk, Turbs, AquaMan, and Kenny on the case, but so far they've not come up with any suspects. The cads even dognapped Turbs's dog!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #795

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Oh and do you remember the phat phrogs helping the elderly couple remove a rocking recliner from there class A motorhome and then installing the new one for them?
The nice lady was handicapped and needed a wheel chair lift in order to get herself in and out of the motorhome! Now that's dedication.
Pretty sure that makes us Heroes in the eyes of the couple we helped!

Ppst is not a stuffy nose in the air group!

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Amen !! Pass the BBQ, beans and brew-skies!!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #796

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Be sure to lock it up tight! I can tell you that there are scoundrels that took mine a few years ago. I still have Herk, Turbs, AquaMan, and Kenny on the case, but so far they've not come up with any suspects. The cads even dognapped Turbs's dog!
Bob. I heard that master keys were being sold out back of the dining hall that fit ANY golfcart. The logging chain is a good idea to prevent temporary use.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #797
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The best part of the PHat Phrog Stunt Team (PPST) is that we are a SOCIAL club and not a brand specific (other than Forest River!). And boy, do we like to socialize!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #798

You think it's possible to not continue insinuating that other Clubs or Groups aren't "SOCIAL" and that they aren't a "stuffy with their noses in the air group"

It's really rather rude to others who attend the Rally to have to see this.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #799

Quote:
I have a mirror they can use to help the investigation.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #800

Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. Yes, we were squeezed in, but that's not a problem when you're with like-minded people.

Bob and the crew make an amazing event available but can't make people enjoy themselves.

I'm generally not that social, but found the event and the people fun and interesting. I don't really have anything to fix on my rig, so I'm there for the rest of the activities.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog