Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #1461
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Attending a couple of the smaller FROG rallies is one of the best ways to meet new people and friends. Then going to the big rally, you may already know 10-20% of the people there, of which you will meet friends they have met along the way. The world gets small. While attending this last Tadpole Rally, I met people that knew and worked with my step-dad!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #1462
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
The biggest thing missing at Good Sam Rallies and others we have gone to over the years is the family atmosphere and friendship felt at FROG even with 700 plus rigs. Other rallies just don't have that closeness. Now I am sure this site has something to do with everyone knowing each other to a degree but its not all of it. Bob and his crew at Forest River appear to work hard on insuring everyone is treated as if they are the ONLY people there. I for one do not want to give that up just to have bigger numbers. Please don't allow numbers to destroy the family feelings of a FROG rally.

You are sooooo correct Forbes!!! FROG Bob and his crew really do an amazing job!! Bob never meets a stranger, and he remembers everyone!! Thanks to FROG, we have our dream camper (although that dream keeps dreaming of a certain Berk I had the pleasure of touring while at the Tadpole rally...."thank you Bob", as Kenny will say when he reads this!), and we have met the most amazing friends!! We purposely attend as many FROG organized rallies as we can, simply because of all those friendships!!

Speaking of the Tadpole rally that was just recently held, there was a couple in the CG, that came up to our campfire and asked us about our rally, and what we loved about it. They didn't own a FR product, but saw the large group of FR campers together and wanted to hear what it was that we liked about our rallies. Friendships that are formed out of the rallies was the top answer! Turned out that the wife was a rally organizer for their group...they own those cool trucks like Dblr drives and carries a smart car on it. Anyways, they were intrigued about how FR owners love their rallies and the number of people that they draw in!!
Also if not for this FRF, I would never have found FROG, and thank you FRF for all the friendships I have met in person and all the phriends I know through you!!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #1463

Talking

Y'all need to remember that you are NOT allowed to remove family members from the family tree..........no matter how much you might want to.

Just making sure y'all know that rule. A bro' is a bro' for life. I spent a lot of money to get adopted into this family and while I don't expect to get a seat at the head of the table at our 'reunions', I do 'spect to get a biscuit! I'm sure some of y'all will have mixed emotions after meeting me........I'm not 100% all there, I admit...... but as of yesterday I'm ALL in, and you can't get rid of me.

Besides, I figure if Turbs is still a bro', I will prolly be ok.........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #1464
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Interestingly enough, last year's rally with 716 rigs ran smoothly (thanks to all the volunteers!) Wait lines at dinner (which was served at a specific time each day) was not that bad for 1,400+ people. Never really felt "crowded" at any time. When you were at your campsite with your friends it was like any other RV park.

Will we go to 1,000 rigs next year? Maybe. Is that a big rally? Hardly!

We are small potatoes compared to the Annual FMCA or Good Sam Rallies. FMCA/Perry GA had just south of 3,000 rigs this year - I believe Good Sam was over 5,000

Having said that...I DO loves our BamaGanza (and all the other small Rallies!) We still have some open spaces for BamaGanza, so y'all come on down!
Might try to make that one some time. Not too far for us in LA.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #1465
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Y'all need to remember that you are NOT allowed to remove family members from the family tree..........no matter how much you might want to.

Just making sure y'all know that rule. A bro' is a bro' for life. I spent a lot of money to get adopted into this family and while I don't expect to get a seat at the head of the table at our 'reunions', I do 'spect to get a biscuit! I'm sure some of y'all will have mixed emotions after meeting me........I'm not 100% all there, I admit...... but as of yesterday I'm ALL in, and you can't get rid of me.

Besides, I figure if Turbs is still a bro', I will prolly be ok.........

I wouldn't have it any other way!
[emoji482]
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
You are sooooo correct Forbes!!! FROG Bob and his crew really do an amazing job!! Bob never meets a stranger, and he remembers everyone!! Thanks to FROG, we have our dream camper (although that dream keeps dreaming of a certain Berk I had the pleasure of touring while at the Tadpole rally...."thank you Bob", as Kenny will say when he reads this!), and we have met the most amazing friends!! We purposely attend as many FROG organized rallies as we can, simply because of all those friendships!!

Speaking of the Tadpole rally that was just recently held, there was a couple in the CG, that came up to our campfire and asked us about our rally, and what we loved about it. They didn't own a FR product, but saw the large group of FR campers together and wanted to hear what it was that we liked about our rallies. Friendships that are formed out of the rallies was the top answer! Turned out that the wife was a rally organizer for their group...they own those cool trucks like Dblr drives and carries a smart car on it. Anyways, they were intrigued about how FR owners love their rallies and the number of people that they draw in!!
Also if not for this FRF, I would never have found FROG, and thank you FRF for all the friendships I have met in person and all the phriends I know through you!!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
RV Chick they spoke very highly of the group there when I asked them if you all were making to much noise
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #1467
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

He was very interesting to talk to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #1468

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
He was very interesting to talk to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
He was pulling a "HOG" unit,do they go to "HOG" Rallies Dblr? Youroo!!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Might try to make that one some time. Not too far for us in LA.
Try to make BamaGanza! That way we aren't the only Louisiana folks there!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #1470
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
RV Chick they spoke very highly of the group there when I asked them if you all were making to much noise

Lol!!!
We told him he aint seen nothin compared to the phat phrog shenanigans at the International Rally!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:57 PM   #1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Shopping easy & cheap. ( except the last two times I went looking it got expensive )

Russell
Russell,
When we get to Shipshewana we will be riding in YOUR CAR so if we end up at an RV lot it won't be MY FAULT!!! Yes, that's my story and I am sticking to it!!
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 05-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #1472

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
He was pulling a "HOG" unit,do they go to "HOG" Rallies Dblr? Youroo!!
HOG? I know they have a Open Range, thought HOG was Heartland. Not sure what rally they do besides the HDT rally, they run the International one in Hutchinson Ks and attend the East Coast one in Crossville Tn.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #1473
Site Team

Since open range is owned by jayco, guess it's JOG. Sounds too much like running. Lol

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #1474

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
HOG? I know they have a Open Range, thought HOG was Heartland. Not sure what rally they do besides the HDT rally, they run the International one in Hutchinson Ks and attend the East Coast one in Crossville Tn.
Your correct Dblr,I thought when they were up for grabs that Heartland bought them! Thanks, Youroo!!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:13 AM   #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Your correct Dblr,I thought when they were up for grabs that Heartland bought them! Thanks, Youroo!!
Probably better for them that Jayco bought them and not Heartland
Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #1476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
I don't speak for Forest River or for my brother, but comparing the FROG rally to Good Sam or FMCA is an apples-to-oranges comparison. They are totally different. I know Good Sam, and I assume FMCA, offer some big name entertainers at their rallies, and the kind of attendance that they generate pays for that. I've not looked it up, but I think their rally fee is a lot higher than FROG's. And they certainly don't spend their money on meals or service.
Which was pretty much the point of my post (ill-worded as it was )

I LOVE the fact we are small potatoes!! But I wanted the OP to realize that we - even at a 1,000 RIGS - can have a rally that feels like a 25 rig campout! As others have mentioned, this is NOT something you get at FMCA or Good Sam's - don't know why, but there is just a special chemistry at FROG rallies regardless of size that make them feel like a family reunion.

Maybe it's because we are Family!

(and "We" = FROGS that attend FROG rallies )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Russell,
When we get to Shipshewana we will be riding in YOUR CAR so if we end up at an RV lot it won't be MY FAULT!!! Yes, that's my story and I am sticking to it!!
Karen, let me introduce you to a mutual friend of Russell and I: Dave at Total Value RV
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Karen, let me introduce you to a mutual friend of Russell and I: Dave at Total Value RV
Oh I am sure while we are visiting Russell will take us over there to meet everyone. I wonder if I can get Scott's autograph!! LOL
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 05-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #1479
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You know I will sign my autograph
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
You know I will sign my autograph
Oh I look forward to meeting all the "infamous" Phat Phrog Stunt Team members while at Goshen! The autographs???? Well.... if the "spirits" haven't impaired your writing ability..........sure!!

Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad

Tags
frog