Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #791
BamaCamper

Volunteers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Juju, we love volunteers! Please send me an e-mail with the word "VOLUNTEER" as the subject, and let me know what you're interested in doing. There are also volunteer opportunities throughout the week, and you can just stop by the FROG office in the vendor area and offer to help.

We need people to help with parking and registration, to drive golf cart shuttles, to help people get on the right tour buses, make sure the caterers get to the right place for service tech lunches, and lots more. Volunteers are very much the lifeblood of the FROG Rally!
Frog Bob,
I also want to volunteer. You folks are amazing and would fun to help you folks out.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #792
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

2016 International Annual Frog Rally August 14 to 20 2016

Oh and do you remember the phat phrogs helping the elderly couple remove a rocking recliner from there class A motorhome and then installing the new one for them?
The nice lady was handicapped and needed a wheel chair lift in order to get herself in and out of the motorhome! Now that's dedication.
Pretty sure that makes us Heroes in the eyes of the couple we helped!

Ppst is not a stuffy nose in the air group!

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"

Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #793
BamaCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I'm not sure how the "clubs" you speak of act, but I can tell you there is one such "club" (PHat PHrogs) that does nothing but make everyone feel welcome and inviting. We've put on potluck dinners for 200 people the first year (covered the cost of meat/buns/condiments out of our own pockets) and 400 people the 2nd year we attended (2014). We also held cornhole tournaments, beer and wine tastings, and nightly story telling. We were mostly absent last year, but will be there this year (except 1 &#128577. I know there are clubs that keep mostly to themselves, but that is a small number of the total attendance, but more importantly there are others that want to make you feel welcome and would love to meet each and everyone of you. Put yourself out there and you will find a smiling face (although it may not be pretty).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Well said!! We met so many wonderful people. Hope to meet many more this year!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #794
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Got in with our registration, also said that we won the use of a golf cart for the entire week. I love how Frog Bob throws in these surprise gifts. I will be bringing a big logging chain to secure it at night. Golf cart theft is high in that area.
Be sure to lock it up tight! I can tell you that there are scoundrels that took mine a few years ago. I still have Herk, Turbs, AquaMan, and Kenny on the case, but so far they've not come up with any suspects. The cads even dognapped Turbs's dog!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Oh and do you remember the phat phrogs helping the elderly couple remove a rocking recliner from there class A motorhome and then installing the new one for them?
The nice lady was handicapped and needed a wheel chair lift in order to get herself in and out of the motorhome! Now that's dedication.
Pretty sure that makes us Heroes in the eyes of the couple we helped!

Ppst is not a stuffy nose in the air group!

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Amen !! Pass the BBQ, beans and brew-skies!!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #796

Quote:
Be sure to lock it up tight! I can tell you that there are scoundrels that took mine a few years ago. I still have Herk, Turbs, AquaMan, and Kenny on the case, but so far they've not come up with any suspects. The cads even dognapped Turbs's dog!
Bob. I heard that master keys were being sold out back of the dining hall that fit ANY golfcart. The logging chain is a good idea to prevent temporary use.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #797
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The best part of the PHat Phrog Stunt Team (PPST) is that we are a SOCIAL club and not a brand specific (other than Forest River!). And boy, do we like to socialize!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #798

You think it's possible to not continue insinuating that other Clubs or Groups aren't "SOCIAL" and that they aren't a "stuffy with their noses in the air group"

It's really rather rude to others who attend the Rally to have to see this.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #799

Quote:
I have a mirror they can use to help the investigation.

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #800

Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. Yes, we were squeezed in, but that's not a problem when you're with like-minded people.

Bob and the crew make an amazing event available but can't make people enjoy themselves.

I'm generally not that social, but found the event and the people fun and interesting. I don't really have anything to fix on my rig, so I'm there for the rest of the activities.

Tags
frog